Week 2 - Monday Night - Lions @ Packers (Pre Game and Game Thread)

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got some interesting info coming up as far as some plans and who they are potentially trying to bringin off the free agent market also they are looking at trades as well defense side of the ball

D

Deleted member 6794

very small sample. And I was talking TDs and you are talking 1st downs.

Jones is a slightly above average short yardage running back when taking a look at touchdowns from within the opponent's three yard line as well (52.9% - 18 of 34) compared to the rest of the league (49.5%).

Dillon hasn't had an attempt in a situation like that.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I got some interesting info coming up as far as some plans and who they are potentially trying to bringin off the free agent market also they are looking at trades as well defense side of the ball
Why so secretive

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones is a slightly above average short yardage running back when taking a look at touchdowns from within the opponent's three yard line as well (52.9% - 18 of 34) compared to the rest of the league (49.5%).

Dillon hasn't had an attempt in a situation like that.
It seems to me that Jones is very good at the goal line. There is not always a lot of room for him. So 53%...does that mean that half the league's RBs do as well as him with a certain minimum amount of carries? Are we comparing RBs?

D

Deleted member 6794

It seems to me that Jones is very good at the goal line. There is not always a lot of room for him. So 53%...does that mean that half the league's RBs do as well as him with a certain minimum amount of carries? Are we comparing RBs?

I was comparing Jones' numbers to the total amount of rushing attempts within the opponent's three yard line since 2017. Including yesterday's score Jones is now 19-of-35 (54-3%) in touchdown scored in these situations which ranks seventh out of 30 running backs with at least 18 attempts.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was comparing Jones' numbers to the total amount of rushing attempts within the opponent's three yard line since 2017. Including yesterday's score Jones is now 19-of-35 (54-3%) in touchdown scored in these situations which ranks seventh out of 30 running backs with at least 18 attempts.
That sounds better. It is not just a cut and dried stat though. So many variables on a particular play. For instance, if it is from the half yard line or the three for only one.

D

Deleted member 6794

That sounds better. It is not just a cut and dried stat though. So many variables on a particular play. For instance, if it is from the half yard line or the three for only one.

I agree, that evens out the more attempts a running back has in those situations though.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still waiting for your info
I just hear about players coming in for tryouts etc from Kurt and what they are planning on doing in qb meetings Rodgers is pushing for another wr on offense mentioning Michael Thomas if the saints trade him they sniffed around Johnson from Pittsburgh as well

D

Deleted member 6794

I just hear about players coming in for tryouts etc from Kurt and what they are planning on doing in qb meetings Rodgers is pushing for another wr on offense mentioning Michael Thomas if the saints trade him they sniffed around Johnson from Pittsburgh as well

The Saints can't trade Thomas as they would take an additional cap hit of close to $22 million for this season.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Sure.. my dad is Mark Murphy.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Closing in in 2 months for this insider stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts