Week 2 - Monday Night - Lions @ Packers (Pre Game and Game Thread)

Reaction score
If J.Williams goes for 150yds and 3 TD's and Dillon gets 4 carries I'm going to be more than just disappointed.
Well we still haven’t really featured Dillon. I guess they’re bringing him along slow. Dillon had a fantastic block on a play that Elgton gave up a sack. Every bit of Dillons 247lb was needed to stop that blitz. Great show of protection for him.
Stokes is showing some promise, man.
Did you see that makeup speed on that deep ball in the corner Endzone? He’s fast He saved a TD late in the 4th, although it didn’t impact the win).
Campbell on fire tonight

10 Solo and a pass defense and int. He took a 15 yarder on that facemask by accident, but he was all over involved

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we still haven’t really featured Dillon. I guess they’re bringing him along slow. Dillon had a fantastic block on a play that Elgton gave up a sack. Every bit of Dillons 247lb was needed to stop that blitz. Great show of protection for him.

Did you see that makeup speed on that deep ball in the corner Endzone? He’s fast He saved a TD late in the 4th, although it didn’t impact the win).

10 Solo and a pass defense and int. He took a 15 yarder on that facemask by accident, but he was all over involved
I remember that Sack, Elgton was there with a defender on his right and a defender on his left and Dillon took on Collins? with a full head of steam. and there sat like 3 packers on the Oline with 1 defender and there is Elgton with his hands full. Elgton was pissed after that play like, Come on guys help out a bit LOL

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I believe the Packers win this one, but it is hard to know what they team looks like after last week. No life at all and I chalk it up to week 1 and not being ready to go. The Lions really don't have any great skill players and their defense is not great. The Packers "should" score with ease. I feel like it will be around 17-10 Packers at the end of the first half and then 31-13 as a final. GPG!
This was actually a pretty close guess.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Where do I go to see a injury report from Monday's game
I could be wrong, but I don't think they put an official one out until after like the Thursday practice. You might pick up scraps of information on the severity of injuries following a game. I assume they want time to evaluate said player and injury before making it official.

EDIT: Looked it up:

"Every NFL team is required to issue a practice report to local media on the Wednesday before a game and the league office releases a league-wide report the same day. Injury reports are released daily Wednesday-Friday. Teams playing on Monday Night Football release their reports a day later, teams on Thursday Night Football two days in advance."

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I don't think they put an official one out until after like the Thursday practice. You might pick up scraps of information on the severity of injuries following a game. I assume they want time to evaluate said player and injury before making it official.

EDIT: Looked it up:

"Every NFL team is required to issue a practice report to local media on the Wednesday before a game and the league office releases a league-wide report the same day. Injury reports are released daily Wednesday-Friday. Teams playing on Monday Night Football release their reports a day later, teams on Thursday Night Football two days in advance."
Thanks

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A wisconsin buddy of mine just texted EQ elevated because we are trading Lazard....I have sent him two follow up texts as to how confident he is of his "source" on this. He has been right on other stuff...and he said Cobb was a done deal days prior to it being announced and he informed me in advance of the Kizer deal back then too...so he has some track record BUT DON'T QUOTE it as a sure thing. I'm doubting it personally. I wonder if a WR has had to enter Covid protocals or something.
Rather see them trade EQ or Valdez. Keep Lazard. But we need a LB or a DL. Desperately.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Rather see them trade EQ or Valdez. Keep Lazard. But we need a LB or a DL. Desperately.
I can't see the Packers getting anything in a trade for EQ, remember, he was released and subsequently cleared waivers. As far as MVS or Lazard being traded, I think Lazard is the odd man out due to his skill set being similar to EQ or Taylor. Really I can't see any team giving up much for Lazard either. A good depth guy, but really not a top 3 guy on your depth chart.

I also have to question the accuracy of that information. If there was a deal worked out before the game and it just hasn't been announced, why did Lazard participate in 42 plays?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't see the Packers getting anything in a trade for EQ, remember, he was released and subsequently cleared waivers. As far as MVS or Lazard being traded, I think Lazard is the odd man out due to his skill set being similar to EQ or Taylor. Really I can't see any team giving up much for Lazard either. A good depth guy, but really not a top 3 guy on your depth chart.

I also have to question the accuracy of that information. If there was a deal worked out before the game and it just hasn't been announced, why did Lazard participate in 42 plays?
Showcase?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I forgot to say, anyone else get sick of them playing up the line Packers didn't want Jamaal Williams? The organization loved the guy, players loved him, fans loved him - fact of the matter is they chose Jones over him - only one of them was coming back, just too full of a room.

Krabs

Reaction score
One thing I forgot to say, anyone else get sick of them playing up the line Packers didn't want Jamaal Williams? The organization loved the guy, players loved him, fans loved him - fact of the matter is they chose Jones over him - only one of them was coming back, just too full of a room.
The writing was on the wall for Williams when they drafted Dillion. Williams is a fan favorite, but nothing special. He's maybe a slightly above average RB. Definitely a fun guy though. A friend was at the game and he said the crowd went nuts when he came out onto the field. When that happened Williams grabbed a football and started playing catch with the fans. Pretty cool guy.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The writing was on the wall for Williams when they drafted Dillion. Williams is a fan favorite, but nothing special. He's maybe a slightly above average RB. Definitely a fun guy though. A friend was at the game and he said the crowd went nuts when he came out onto the field. When that happened Williams grabbed a football and started playing catch with the fans. Pretty cool guy.

Jamaal did the playing catch all the time when here - expected nothing else.
Jamaal was our best blocking RB on our roster, he also time and time again answered the bell when Jones was out. Folks undersell Jamaal a lot, but he can and has proven he is more than capable NFL caliber RB in every facet you desire from a RB.

Krabs

Reaction score
Jamaal did the playing catch all the time when here - expected nothing else.
Jamaal was our best blocking RB on our roster, he also time and time again answered the bell when Jones was out. Folks undersell Jamaal a lot, but he can and has proven he is more than capable NFL caliber RB in every facet you desire from a RB.
I'm not cutting him short. I said he was a slightly above average RB. That's a pretty good compliment in my book when you look at the talent pool in the NFL. He can block, runs hard and has great hands. If anything that is what people overlook. He had some pretty amazing catches when playing for the Packers. Yes, very capable. He is no all pro or elite back though. I like Williams a lot, but he is replaceable. I don't think the Packers miss a beat without him.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one area we down graded was third down back when Jones is not in there. I LOVE Dillon, but he is not as good of a third down back as Williams was - I think he may become and could even by year's end, but Williams arguably was better than Jones even (dependent on call, NOT a better RB) just due to how much of a pass blocking weapon he was.

Last edited:

Krabs

Reaction score
The one area we down graded was third down back when Jones is not in there. I LOVE Dillon, but he is not as good of a third down back as Williams was - I think he may become and could even by year's end, but Williams arguably was better than Jones even just due to how much of a pass blocking weapon he was.
Again, I really like Williams. As you said, he's a very capable NFL RB. However, I can't get on board with him being arguably better than Jones. If that was the case Jones would be on the Lions. Also, Jones just scored 4 TD's. How many carries did Williams even have against the Packers? Jones is the better back. I can buy the argument that Williams is better than Dillion, but Dillion is also very capable. I don't think the Packers are missing a beat without Williams. More like just missing a fan favorite and a fun loving guy.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, I really like Williams. As you said, he's a very capable NFL RB. However, I can't get on board with him being arguably better than Jones. If that was the case Jones would be on the Lions. Also, Jones just scored 4 TD's. How many carries did Williams even have against the Packers? Jones is the better back. I can buy the argument that Williams is better than Dillion, but Dillion is also very capable. I don't think the Packers are missing a beat without Williams. More like just missing a fan favorite and a fun loving guy.

Um...I think you read my comments too quickly. Never said he was a better RB than Jones. He is a better pass blocker than Jones, but my comment was we did downgrade our third down back option behind Jones. Dillon is not the all around proven and capable back Williams was - I think he will be, but Williams clearly gets that nod presently.

*see now it was that last sentence that I didn't flesh out clearly what I meant at all that probably caused you to think I think Williams is better than JOnes.

Krabs

Reaction score
Um...I think you read my comments too quickly. Never said he was a better RB than Jones. He is a better pass blocker than Jones, but my comment was we did downgrade our third down back option behind Jones. Dillon is not the all around proven and capable back Williams was - I think he will be, but Williams clearly gets that nod presently.

*see now it was that last sentence that I didn't flesh out clearly what I meant at all that probably caused you to think I think Williams is better than JOnes.
It’s all good. Just talking football! GPG!

Reaction score
I definitely don't want the Packers to trade MVS.
I agree. It is noted that there’s some early season, slight timing/route issues. However when these 2 get it worked out (I believe they’ll put additional emphasis on that issue) then opponents will have to answer with a regular 2 High Safety look or eventually expect to get punished for not respecting that. On a tangent thought, it’s also obvious it’s not a matter of Rodgers arm strength (not that you said that) He clearly has plenty left in that department. One looked like a slight trajectory issue (could’ve been on MVS) and the others were timing (on Rodgers) overthrows.

Last edited:

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My impressions of the game as a whole. It always seems to take a while for the offense to get going. I love Aaron Jones, but they have to give AJ Dillon more playing time. I was really upset last week when Dillon was getting yardage and LaFleur stopped using him. If they want to get good balance they need to use him more IMO.

Aaron, once again continues to focus on Davante too often. I was glad to see him use Tonyan and Cobb a liitle bit, but he rarely looked for MVS or Lizard. Aaron did admit in his press conference to missing MVS several times. I hope that improves. My studs are both the Aarons. Rodgers threw one pass for completion (can't remember the player) that I still don't know how he got it through that window. Jones was available as a safety net and it was great to see him score so many TDs.

We need to thank the Lions for the defense improvement in the 2nd half. Goff gifted them 2 fumbles. They seemed to play more agressively in the 2nd half. In the 1st half they were non existent. I kept wondering when this aggressive, tackling, ball hawking defense was going to get to Lambeau. I would definitely consider the defense to be a dud. In particular, Kevin King.

I don't have a good feeling about the team in general. Maybe my opinion is clouded by Rodgers' antics over the summer. Even his press conference after the game just seemed off.
They just don't seem to be a cohesive group. Granted, these are the first 2 games they have played together. And maybe they will get better the more they play, but right not I'm not very optimistic. Hopefully that will change.

D

Deleted member 6794

My impressions of the game as a whole. It always seems to take a while for the offense to get going. I love Aaron Jones, but they have to give AJ Dillon more playing time. I was really upset last week when Dillon was getting yardage and LaFleur stopped using him. If they want to get good balance they need to use him more IMO.

Aaron, once again continues to focus on Davante too often. I was glad to see him use Tonyan and Cobb a liitle bit, but he rarely looked for MVS or Lizard. Aaron did admit in his press conference to missing MVS several times.

Dillon has carried the ball nine times for a total of 37 yards while adding two receptions for 15 yards. While those are decent numbers he doesn't do anything special when given the opportunity either.

Rodgers targeted Adams on nine of his 27 throws which in my opinion isn't too much considering Davante is most likely the best receiver in the league. In addition those throws resulted in eight receptions for 121 yards. Don't see any reason to complain about it.

Members online

Latest posts