Week 12 Rams pregame and postgame thread.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
But the staff must know something by now or they wouldn’t ride our Roster all season.
They aren't currently riding the active 53 man roster, so like Jenkins, Mercilus and all the rest that are currently on IR, they don't count towards the 53.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey could someone explain to me how the roster and the players on IR are counted this year? Thanks in advance. Oh yeah, and I apologize in advance if this has been discussed before.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Hey could someone explain to me how the roster and the players on IR are counted this year? Thanks in advance. Oh yeah, and I apologize in advance if this has been discussed before.
Players on IR do not count against the 53 man roster. Once a player is put on IR, he must sit out a minimum of 3 games. If he is reactivated (removed from IR) he goes back on the 53 man roster and a spot would have to be made (if there wasn't one) for him by moving a guy to the PS or cutting him.

Speaking of PS, just noticed that the Packers resigned former Badger OL Jon Dietzen yesterday to the PS.

This was the most updated roster I could find:

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about season ending injuries? Thanks in advance and once again I apologize if this has been discussed before.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yosh won't be matched up against Donald as he usually lines up over a guard. The thought of Newman trying to block him is scary. Will need alot of help from Patrick and even then, Donald can beat double teams. Yosh will have his hands full with Miller and Floyd. Need a similar game plan to the 49ers. Get the ball out quick.
Right. If we take any shots it has to be on 1st and 10 play action.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
What about season ending injuries? Thanks in advance and once again I apologize if this has been discussed before.
IR has no time limit. If they are not activated from IR before the super bowl or whenever the last game is played, then it is season ending.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
IR has no time limit. If they are not activated from IR before the super bowl or whenever the last game is played, then it is season ending.
I'm splitting hairs here, but technically, since a player that is placed on IR has to sit out a minimum of 3 games, his season would be over if his team doesn't have 3 games left to play. Thus, after the first round of the playoffs is complete, any player put on IR after that, would be done for the season.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm splitting hairs here, but technically, since a player that is placed on IR has to sit out a minimum of 3 games, his season would be over if his team doesn't have 3 games left to play. Thus, after the first round of the playoffs is complete, any player put on IR after that, would be done for the season.
Pretty sure that was his point.

Reaction score
Boy oh boy. Both Alexander and Z are currently on injured reserve and don't count against the team's roster limit. They could be activated at any point though.
They could get activated for the Rams or any game for that matter and I’ve never said they couldn’t. Your response is nothing but a sly attempt to sidestep your initial argument.
You posted 2 separate rebuttals because I simply used the verbiage “season- ending”. You are incessant that I somehow “made up” that terminology and that it doesn’t exist.
So you’ve got the floor Captain..

I want you to tell us why all theses teams are using this fictitious language and how all the teams are wrong? Use 1 example of a player that has been IR’d. Activated then IR’d again (season ending IR) and is still actively playing today. You can pick from any of the 32 teams or even use an player example from earlier points in 2021. I seriously want to learn where I am wrong mirroring this terminology in using the “Season-Ending” phrase.

I’ll start first. This article is from several weeks ago in 2021 and backs these teams’ statements and those of nearly every NFL team this season. Preferably Use a recent example and give us a link where they are all wrong because “season-ending” does not exist. If not?you need to stop with the sly comments and admit you are wrong.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They aren't currently riding the active 53 man roster, so like Jenkins, Mercilus and all the rest that are currently on IR, they don't count towards the 53.

That’s fine. That wasn’t our (Captain and Myself) initial argument. Captain pointed out 2 separate times that the words “season-ending” are not a designation. I let it go the first time, then he pushed on a second time and so on. He claims it’s fictitious jargon. That’s our argument. Is this fictitious? A simple Yes or no is fine. Are there players deemed season ending and IR simultaneously?
I make enough screwups without having Captain manufacturer screwups that ain’t there. ;)

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Simply put....

IR this season is simply a designation for an injured player. A player put on it is removed from the 53 man roster for a minimum of 3 games. That player could miss the entire season, 3 games or anything in between.

Coaches, GM's, media, fans, etc. stating "season ending injury and on IR" are just stating that the player suffered an injury that more than likely won't allow the player to play again. However, if a miracle occurs and the player is able to play, as long as he has been out for 3 games, he is still eligible to be put back on the 53, no matter what someone used for reasons why he was placed on IR.

The only "season ending" IR designations came back in August and Sept., before the final 53 man roster was announced. THOSE players seasons were officially over, even if a miracle of God occurred and their 2 broken legs were healed overnight.

The article OS posted is simply saying that a player can't return fron IR a second time. So if MVS goes on IR, he is done for the season and yes, you could call that "season ending IR"

Last edited:
Reaction score
Simply put....

IR this season is simply a designation for an injured player. A player put on it is removed from the 53 man roster for a minimum of 3 games. That player could miss the entire season, 3 games or anything in between.

Coaches, GM's, media, fans, etc. stating "season ending injury and on IR" are just stating that the player suffered an injury that more than likely won't allow the player to play again. However, if a miracle occurs and the player is able to play, as long as he has been out for 3 games, he is still eligible to be put back on the 53, no matter what someone used for reasons why he was placed on IR.

The only "season ending" IR designations came back in August and Sept., before the final 53 man roster was announced. THOSE players seasons were officially over, even if a miracle of God occurred and their 2 broken legs were healed overnight.

The article OS posted is simply saying that a player can't return fron IR a second time. So if MVS goes on IR, he is done for the season and yes, you could call that "season ending IR"
Ok. Thank You! I’m going to continue saying those words. I was continually scolded and beaten, but now the bruises are healing and it’s just mental scars. :tup:
I hope our players don’t get designated season ending IR! That’s exactly where this all started and spiraled into derivative arguments.

Speaking of injuries. Looks like Aaron Jones, Allen Lazard and Rashan Gary all practiced in limited fashion again. That’s fantastic news and I’m praying we are turning the corner of netting a player or two back in the mix

D

Deleted member 6794

He has a mild MCL sprain, according to all I've been able to find. It can end up being exacerbated if he plays. I don't think they're stupid enough to risk allowing that to happen. He's their franchise running back, and the guy who definitely needs to be ready by the time the playoffs come around. That means work him back into the lineup slowly, preparing him for the playoffs. In the meantime, Dillon will get the majority of the snaps, and the better he does, the less likely it is that we'll see Jones too soon.

I don't expect Jones to play vs. the Rams either but with him having been able to practice in a limited capacity over the past two days there's a chance for it to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok. Thank You! I’m going to continue saying those words. I was continually scolded and beaten, but now the bruises are healing and it’s just mental scars. :tup:
I hope our players don’t get designated season ending IR! That’s exactly where this all started and spiraled into derivative arguments.

Speaking of injuries. Looks like Aaron Jones, Allen Lazard and Rashan Gary all practiced in limited fashion again. That’s fantastic news and I’m praying we are turning the corner of netting a player or two back in the mix
Yes. We all need to be praying for that.

Reaction score
I got my statue of Joe Boo out, and set up the altar. Everyone is allowed to use it. Just don't use any of the candles to light his cigars. You must use a stick match or a Bic.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Was does the cracked egg symbolize? Is that a Rocky approach? Kinda has a Raiders of the Lost Ark feel.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You do not have to worry about any of them being designated season ending IR since that does not exist since the season started. You do have to worry about them being placed on the IR a second time because that would deem them ineligible to play the rest of this season or play offs.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got my statue of Joe Boo out, and set up the altar. Everyone is allowed to use it. Just don't use any of the candles to light his cigars. You must use a stick match or a Bic.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I wouldn't leave that rum sittin around w this group

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some reason, I'm not gifted with reactions. How long do I have to post before they take the training wheels off?
(Asking for a friend! ;) )

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some reason, I'm not gifted with reactions. How long do I have to post before they take the training wheels off?
(Asking for a friend! ;) )
My guess is one year and passing the stringent 4-hour written exam...or tomorrow when a mod flips a switch on the newby accounts. Hope you're an easy grader?

Members online

Latest posts