Week 12 Rams pregame and postgame thread.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I must admit I think the guy gets a bit of a rough deal
Agreed. At this point, with Alexander out and Stokes still going through growing pains as a rookie, I prefer to have King available. Yes, he got paid $5 M, but that isn't exactly the $20M that the Rams pay Jaylen Ramsey either.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must admit I think the guy gets a bit of a rough deal
How? He barely plays and when he does he’s so inconsistent and typically leans on the bad side.

He’s an awful player that shouldn’t have been worth more than the veterans minimum.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's good seeing both Jones and Gary not only playing, but productive.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, great game by the Packers. AR was laser-focused the 1st 3 quarters and had the offense humming. I gave the Rams too much credit for being an offensive juggernaut. They're a mirage...visible but not really there.

Heading into a much needed bye at 9-3 is great, with the prospect of returning Bakhtiari, Alexander, Zadarius and Myers in the next 3 games leaves GB sitting in a good place.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Getting Rashan back was a big key. It got Stafford uncomfortable. Stafford was fortunate not to have 2-3 INT by this group. They may not be shutdown CB’s, but they have the ability to get takeaways.
Also just having Jones on the field kept the D in check and gave Dillon some needed rest.
Big Win against a playoff caliber team. The Rams were pacing a 5th NFC seed until today. This displays why playing at Lambeau is so advantageous. Also teams are not giving the Packers enough credit. They are underestimated and I hope it continues. If we get J’aire back before playoffs at 95%? This D gets an instant boost.

Last edited:

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting Rashan back was a big key. It got Stafford uncomfortable. Stafford was fortunate not to have 2-3 INT by this group. They may not be shutdown CB’s, but they have the ability to get takeaways.
Also just having Jones on the field kept the D in check and gave Dillon some needed rest.
Big Win against a playoff caliber team. The Rams were pacing a 5th NFC seed until today. This displays why playing at Lambeau is so advantageous. Also teams are not giving the Packers enough credit. They are underestimated and I hope it continues. If we get J’aire back before playoffs at 95%? This D gets an instant boost.

The pick six by Douglas was masterful. Combine that with his game-clincher at Arizona, and this guy is looking like one of the best moves Gutey ever made.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's amazing what decent coaching can do for a defense. Then there's the additions they've brought in who have contributed so much. Douglas is a prime example.

I'm anxious to see how they play the rest of the year.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually to me their ability to get takeaways is high but actually getting those takeaways is low. Our DBs have stone hands.
Agree. Best hands in the back 7 that I've seen belong to Campbell imo.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It's amazing what decent coaching can do for a defense. Then there's the additions they've brought in who have contributed so much. Douglas is a prime example.

Agree. I think the addition of Campbell gave this unit a newfound aggressiveness that has been lacking for years. Amos and Barnes have really been getting after it hard too. The 4th down stop early on by Amos was a huge play imo.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree. I think the addition of Campbell gave this unit a newfound aggressiveness that has been lacking for years. Amos and Barnes have really been getting after it hard too. The 4th down stop early on by Amos was a huge play imo.
You brought up a great point. Coaches being able to identify which players fit best in a system. Neither Campbell or Douglas were highly sought after. Just a couple of guys who could play some, but nothing special. These two are really special in the Packers schemes. They fit the system, and the system fits them.

They could help make this a special year.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You brought up a great point. Coaches being able to identify which players fit best in a system. Neither Campbell or Douglas were highly sought after. Just a couple of guys who could play some, but nothing special. These two are really special in the Packers schemes. They fit the system, and the system fits them.

Guys like Gary and Clark have had a really good year, but if I was handing out the Defensive MVP for the season today, it would go to Campbell. He is the ILB that the Packers have lacked for way too many years. One of the best under the radar FA signings, along with Douglas.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I look at how Douglas came to Green Bay and wonder how so many other teams missed his talent once he left Philly. Guessing he looks better in games, than at practice or maybe he just suddenly became motivated and landed on the right team.

Philadelphia Eagles​

The Philadelphia Eagles selected Douglas in the third round (99th overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft. On September 5, 2020, Douglas was waived during final roster cuts

Carolina Panthers​

On September 6, 2020, Douglas was claimed off waivers by the Carolina Panthers. He was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list by the team on October 23, and activated on November 2.

Las Vegas Raiders​

Douglas signed with the Las Vegas Raiders on April 19, 2021. He was released on August 23, 2021.

Houston Texans​

On August 25, 2021, Douglas was signed by the Houston Texans. He was released on August 31, 2021.

Arizona Cardinals​

On September 3, 2021, Douglas was signed to the Arizona Cardinals practice squad.

Green Bay Packers​

The Green Bay Packers signed Douglas off the Cardinals' practice squad on October 6, 2021.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I look at how Douglas came to Green Bay and wonder how so many other teams missed his talent once he left Philly. Guessing he looks better in games, than at practice or maybe he just suddenly became motivated and landed on the right team.

Philadelphia Eagles​

The Philadelphia Eagles selected Douglas in the third round (99th overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft. On September 5, 2020, Douglas was waived during final roster cuts

Carolina Panthers​

On September 6, 2020, Douglas was claimed off waivers by the Carolina Panthers. He was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list by the team on October 23, and activated on November 2.

Las Vegas Raiders​

Douglas signed with the Las Vegas Raiders on April 19, 2021. He was released on August 23, 2021.

Houston Texans​

On August 25, 2021, Douglas was signed by the Houston Texans. He was released on August 31, 2021.

Arizona Cardinals​

On September 3, 2021, Douglas was signed to the Arizona Cardinals practice squad.

Green Bay Packers​

The Green Bay Packers signed Douglas off the Cardinals' practice squad on October 6, 2021.
It's all about fitting those round pegs in the round holes, and square pegs in square holes.

The coaches are doing a great job of matching them up.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I hate to even think about it, but both Campbell and Douglas were signed on very cheap 1 year deals, so 2 more players that the Packers may not be able to afford to keep after this season. I guess it is the price of success.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Douglas seems to be a guy with some real skills. Not just a system player imho. Good speed, great concentration, can play tight, not afraid to tackle. For me, it shows how a lot of coaches can be really wrong about a player.

Reaction score
Actually to me their ability to get takeaways is high but actually getting those takeaways is low. Our DBs have stone hands.
I know we would think that after all the missed opportunities. However GB was ranked #5 in takeaways before the Vikings game. I’ll check that again after tonight’s contest, but I’d guess top 8 or better overall in producing those. They could be top 3 easy with a few less drops and a smidge better fumble recoveries though.
Opportunistic is the word I’ve been hunting for.

Reaction score

Philadelphia Eagles​

Carolina Panthers​

Las Vegas Raiders​

Houston Texans​

Arizona Cardinals​

Green Bay Packers​

Interesting journey. My guess is that part of the pie of Douglas ‘ success is putting him in the right position (much like Hayward’s Hyde etc..) Another part is he’s a year 5 athlete and with limited playing time more like year 2-3 in active experience. He might’ve just taken time to blossom so to speak.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I think that Douglas has found the right scheme and coaches for his skill set. He has definitely exceeded my expectations.

But if you look at where he's been, he's never played in a system like the one that Barry has brought to Green Bay.

One thing I appreciate about him is that even when he's not covering very well, he brings his size and strength on every play. Not every big corner plays like a big corner. He does.

Reaction score
I think that Douglas has found the right scheme and coaches for his skill set. He has definitely exceeded my expectations.

But if you look at where he's been, he's never played in a system like the one that Barry has brought to Green Bay.

One thing I appreciate about him is that even when he's not covering very well, he brings his size and strength on every play. Not every big corner plays like a big corner. He does.
Amen. He’s starting to live up to that late Day 2 type talent. As someone said eloquently yesterday.. Rasul giveth up., and
Rasul taketh away

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

except that he is playing great in man also.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts