Week 11: Packers @ Colts

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, now that we've played the two bad teams from the AFC South, we now have to play the two good ones.

I'm going to go on record as saying I'm ranking this game as our toughest remaining game with the one against the Titans being a close second.

The biggest elephant in the room ... the Packers have never beaten the Colts in Indy before. Indy and Buffalo remain the only two cities the Pack have never won in.

Gotta go up against Rivers who has had good games against us in the past and arguably has a better support cast here with the Colts than he had in the last 5 years of his career with the Chargers. We're going to need King and Alexander back soon too.

We definitely are going to need to come out firing wayyy better in this game than we did against the Jags to have a chance. It is indoors though so wind should be a non-issue.

Winning this game would be a huge statement. Losing wouldn't be the end of the world, but our margin for error would go way down with the Saints having a cupcake schedule remaining giving them the chance to jump us if we blew any more games in Detroit or against Tennessee.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
on the otherside, Rivers has a dismal 1-10 or 2-10 record against us...........either way, Packers have to bring their A+++++++ game Expect at least 3 sacks on Rodgers

Ummm that would be 1-3 actually as he has only played us 4x until this one. Stats wise though his numbers have been pretty good VS us.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The biggest elephant in the room ... the Packers have never beaten the Colts in Indy before.
As someone who lives in Indiana, believe me, I'm aware.
The Colts are a little like us in some ways, in that they have a history of being able to come up with some pretty good quarterbacks.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Who gave Jacksonville their one win again? Indy is 2-2 1-2 vs teams that currently have a winning record (after the bears loss Monday.)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Indy poses a serious challenge. They'll pressure Rodgers better than most teams we've faced have, and they have a better run offense than some think - which we all know is an issue for us.

I will say if King and Alexander both remain out - this game is gonna need some big momentum swings our way in the turnover or ST categories to win.

D

Deleted member 6794

The biggest elephant in the room ... the Packers have never beaten the Colts in Indy before. Indy and Buffalo remain the only two cities the Pack have never won in.

The Packers have never won in Las Vegas either :sneaky:

I will say if King and Alexander both remain out - this game is gonna need some big momentum swings our way in the turnover or ST categories to win.

Hopefully you don't realistically expect the special teams to come with a huge play ;)

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Colts have a tough, disciplined defense and perhaps the best offensive line in football. That makes them a formidable opponent.

That said, playing away from what has been an unusually windy Lambeau might help the Pack offensively. Hopefully Phillip Rivers turns the ball over enough (and whiffs on the tackle) to give GB a W.

If the Pack plays like they did against Jax, however, Good Grief this could be ugly.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The Packers have never won in Las Vegas either :sneaky:

Hopefully you don't realistically expect the special teams to come with a huge play ;)
Crosby with a surprise on-side kick, perfectly executed, which swings momentum resulting in a Packers victory!;)

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
The Colts have a very underrated defense. They are the 3rd overall ranked defense. They have given up the fewest passing yards, the 3rd fewest rushing yards, and the 3rd fewest points in the league.

Now, the Packers are still a pretty formidable offense and rarely turn the ball over. They have the 2nd fewest turnovers in the league. I don't have a great feeling due to the defense being the 14th ranked overall, but they have given up the 4th fewest points in the league. Not sure if that is due to competition, but at least it is a favorable stat.

Not sure the Packers pull this one out. I would agree that this is the toughest game left on the schedule.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to take them lightly in any way, but outside of Tennessee, who have they beaten really? I think they'll be decent, but we'll expose them as not being as good as people think they are. But watch should we blow them out, people will downplay it and saying how The Colts aren't that good. If we score early, I don't see Indy keeping up with us. We can't make this a slow game like we did last week.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see where they got a DT back from IR and have waived Sheldon Day a 4th rounder from 2016 from ND. With hx of recent knee surgery. Still, he could be interesting considering...

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to say we win this game because I refuse to consider losing to the Colts as I live in Indiana and that would be a complete and total disaster.

D

Deleted member 6794

Crosby with a surprise on-side kick, perfectly executed, which swings momentum resulting in a Packers victory!;)

I was talking about a realistic scenario ;)

Now, the Packers are still a pretty formidable offense and rarely turn the ball over. They have the 2nd fewest turnovers in the league. I don't have a great feeling due to the defense being the 14th ranked overall, but they have given up the 4th fewest points in the league. Not sure if that is due to competition, but at least it is a favorable stat.

While some of your other numbers are off a bit as well the Packers defense is only ranked 15th in points allowed.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have the Colts By 3 smh. The defense has STILL shown the inability to stop the run and that doesn’t bode well against a team with a powerful o line who likes to run the ball. Nelson is as good as they come at guard, and Kenny Clark will have his hands full. Their defense isn’t that bad either. If this is a low scoring grind it out game we are in trouble. They need to get up early and make Rivers beat them. He’s a stiff in the pocket so they have to somehow get to the guy.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont expect a win.

Same. If the run defense was better I wouldn’t feel this way...but they have their hands full slowing down even average o lines and running backs so.. The Colts have a top 3 o line easily imo and it Doesn’t help that Pettine is afraid to blitz...they’ll probably run zone 70% of the game anyways. 24-21 Colts

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Colts are the exact type of team to give GB issues. They have a very good front 7, & elite offensive line.

I think both our lines are in for a huge test this week. I expect Indy to run the ball down our throats. Hopefully Pettine has something better drawn up than his usual soft zone light box garbage.

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lazard is back, MVS looked better last week, and Adams wants to improve on last week's ordinary numbers.
Clark was saying the D put it together against the Jags so we should expect a good show in Indy.
The colts are good.

Should be a good game, well played, reasonably close, and the better team wins.
GB 27-24.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And why is that?
i think they're the better team. colt D is very stout. the Packers D (pettine) is still in that passive mode, rivers took them apart last year, and our offense is not as sharp as it was early on. rodgers has slipped back into hold-the-ball mode, not throwing in rhythm. the passing game is looking more and more like 2019.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think they're the better team. colt D is very stout. the Packers D (pettine) is still in that passive mode, rivers took them apart last year, and our offense is not as sharp as it was early on. rodgers has slipped back into hold-the-ball mode, not throwing in rhythm. the passing game is looking more and more like 2019.
No Rivers didn't take them apart. Their running back did. Rivers simply played well enough not to blow it like he usually did, and The Packers didn't force Rivers into playing from behind which would force him into making mistakes.

I'm curious, do you see us as pretenders, because I do not see how you can say that they are the better team. Maybe defensively sure, but look who they beat. Aside from the Titans, who I don't think are better than The Packers, what SB contending team have they really beaten for you to form that kind of conclusion? Do I think their defense is good and can give us fits, certainly, but I don't think it's as good as everyone makes them to be.