We need a REAL PUNTER!!

Reaction score
This guy couldn't get inside the 10 if he punted twice in a row!
It would've been better to see Mr Mortells dad rooting his son on by flickering the game clock lights.
I'm gonna say Mortell could punt better in the dark with a south west wind while facing north east

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one "benefit" of having guys in camp who were so bad is that both Masthay or Mortell could be picked up again at any time.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I am starting to see MM and TT's master plan......make us all want Masthay back in GB!

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was possibly the worst punting I have ever seen in a professional game. The field position that hack gave them was absurd. Figure it the heck out TT.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers are currently off far worse with Schum as their punter than with a struggling Masthay last season. Thompson completely botched that situation.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They better have 43 punters on flights to Green Bay this morning. Masthay didn't deserve a job, and neither does this guy

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When GB was buried deep in their own territory and needed a good, long punt Schum delivered on a 33 yarder... TT NEEDS to get a real NFL punter onto this team.

Mike Scifres is STILL out there and available. Formerly with SD. Averaged 45.2 yds. gross and 40.1 net. 38.8% inside the 20.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
masthay is better than this guy and masthay wasn't very consistent. He has a good leg but he mishits so freaking much.....

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Masthay pooched plenty of punts all the way to mid field for us in the past. He "could" kick it a long ways, but that seemed to happen only when he wanted to reach the endzone rather than pin them deep.

Our defense having to follow this crap punting is disgusting. It seems every game our offense starts deep in our own territory, and the opposition starts around mid field. It's not a recipe for success

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no idea how TT, in all of his supposed wisdom, could have arrived at the decision that this bum is better for the team than the last guy. Absolutely atrocious.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no idea how TT, in all of his supposed wisdom, could have arrived at the decision that this bum is better for the team than the last guy. Absolutely atrocious.
What this should prove to people is that just because you make a change doesn't mean you'll have a better outcome. There wasn't a person on here going to fight for keeping Masthay when this season started.

All off season we heard about kickers and punters being able to be found practically anywhere and for cheap.

Masthay didn't deserve a job, and neither does this guy. I'm sure they're looking for someone, and have been

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
He must have been reading this fan forum and thought he'd appease the restless natives.

Fire Thompson now!!! ;)

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What this should prove to people is that just because you make a change doesn't mean you'll have a better outcome. There wasn't a person on here going to fight for keeping Masthay when this season started.

All off season we heard about kickers and punters being able to be found practically anywhere and for cheap.

Masthay didn't deserve a job, and neither does this guy. I'm sure they're looking for someone, and have been

Yeah I get all that. No argument. But I'll never understand the last minute way it was handled and then they decide to go with this guy. They knew all off-season they needed to get a better punter. Never got one. Cut the punter, and managed to find a bum even worse. They botched the whole thing something serious. For the amount of thought and preparation that goes into personnel decisions, I'm mystified that an otherwise competent front office could screw this up so badly.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I learned this trick in college, when you go to get dressed and you realize you have no clean shirts, you grab the least dirty one out of the hamper and hope nobody notices. In this case, TT hastily grabbed one out of the bottom of his roommates hamper and didn't see all the holes in it until after he had left the apartment.

Lesson here, you don't wait so long to do your laundry and if all your shirts have holes in them, go shopping and not in the bottom of your roommates hamper!

At this point, the Packers will be lucky to find an upgrade at punter, but even bringing Masthay back is an upgrade IMO.

Time to loosen up TT and use an actual late round pick on one of this years top college punters.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"But Scifres’ surgically repaired leg never looked healthy, and then he hurt his kicking leg last week against New England during his first punt in a preseason game."

Which ever way TT goes I'm not holding my breath.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/charlo...98814212.html?client=ms-android-uscellular-us
His kicking-leg injury in preseason was a "tweak"... he finished the game and kicked once more (not very well, though). That was almost 2 months ago so I'm making the assumption that he's back to normal.

OP
OP
A

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anyway possible Hayden Hunt the Punter from Colorado State would be awesome for our team. Consistent leg with ability to boom 55+ no problem. Go check the kid out for yourself, way better than the bum we have now!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If anyway possible Hayden Hunt the Punter from Colorado State would be awesome for our team. Consistent leg with ability to boom 55+ no problem. Go check the kid out for yourself, way better than the bum we have now!

Guessing there are a couple of dozen college punters better than what we have right now.

Although it's a bit too early to start thinking about the 2017 Draft, a Punter at this point seems like a most definite need! LOL

I really like Austin Rehkow from Idaho. The guy can punt and kick really well. Buckeyes Cameron Johnston would be another guy to look at.

OP
OP
A

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guessing there are a couple of dozen college punters better than what we have right now.

Although it's a bit too early to start thinking about the 2017 Draft, a Punter at this point seems like a most definite need! LOL

I really like Austin Rehkow from Idaho. The guy can punt and kick really well. Buckeyes Cameron Johnston would be another guy to look at.
Rehkow probably best. Rehkow or Hayden Hunt would be terrific in Green and Gold.

Altheparkguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers need to bring in Carson Wiggs for a try out. Also a good kickoff guy and security blanket for Mason (who's having another great year).

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Packers need to bring in Carson Wiggs for a try out. Also a good kickoff guy and security blanket for Mason (who's having another great year).

I got all excited there! A guy who can punt and kick! Would be a nice thing to have in case Mason gets hurt. But considering Wiggs had a 35 yard punt average (gross I believe) and hasn't punted in a game since 2011 (Purdue), I will pass.

Reaction score
I would actually take Forrest Gump or Slingblade at this point.
Imagine what it's going to be like with Schumm in Lambeau with a 20mph swirling wind at -6°F. We'll either have some negative net punts or just hand it up the middle to RIP for 15

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts