We need a REAL PUNTER!!

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no Risk. How could it get worse than it already has? The risk is not getting someone else and Schum costing us a game in the Postseason.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
In trying to find something positive about the Packers to hang my hat on, as well as to plead guilty in my pre-judgement of the signing of Jacob Schum, I think we finally may have found a punter!

While Schum has had a few mishits, for the most part this guy has been awesome in compiling his 45 yard average. Getting long boots when appropriate and pooch kicks inside the 10 when asked.

The way this season is rolling, he may end up being the Packers MVP for 2016. :D

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have to admit I was calling his signing a HUGE mistake after the first few weeks, but he has been hitting the ball well and flipping the field position when needed. Sorry Jacob... keep doing your job, well in the midst of this hellish season. Hoping TT has the sense to re-sign you for a few years before he leaves 1265 on Jan. 2nd. ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Pretty true, but so sad that this is where we have to look for a silver lining.

Agreed, but I bet if we put our collective heads together, we might come up with one or two more silver linings! Those new ball bags the Packers are using look nice! :coffee:

D

Deleted member 6794

In trying to find something positive about the Packers to hang my hat on, as well as to plead guilty in my pre-judgement of the signing of Jacob Schum, I think we finally may have found a punter!

While Schum has had a few mishits, for the most part this guy has been awesome in compiling his 45 yard average. Getting long boots when appropriate and pooch kicks inside the 10 when asked.

The way this season is rolling, he may end up being the Packers MVP for 2016. :D

I agree that Schum has significantly improved over the last few weeks. The Packers currently rank 23rd in gross and 17th in net punting average.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
At this point the punter position is least of our worries.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
At this point the punter position is least of our worries.

That sadly seemed to be the mantra of TT for the 2 years that Masthay struggled. While I agree with you that there are bigger fish to fry in GB, finding a dependable punter was and had been an issue in GB for too long, so it is nice to see Schum performing the duties at a higher level then what we had previously seen. One fire out.....38 more to go.

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That sadly seemed to be the mantra of TT for the 2 years that Masthay struggled. While I agree with you that there are bigger fish to fry in GB, finding a dependable punter was and had been an issue in GB for too long, so it is nice to see Schum performing the duties at a higher level then what we had previously seen. One fire out.....38 more to go.

As you alluded to, can we list the positions for which this ISN'T true? :)

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no Risk. How could it get worse than it already has? The risk is not getting someone else and Schum costing us a game in the Postseason.

If only old me came into contact with future me, old me would not of said this.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If only old me came into contact with future me, old me would not of said this.

I think some of us have held our collective breath that the very same thing doesn't happen to us on the "Defending Janis" thread. Not that I want Jeff to play poorly, I just haven't expected anything but.