Walker dislocated finger and Chatman neck injury

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like how the announcers said that Jwalk was questionable for a return...I'm pretty sure he's not forcing an injury in the preseason! :roll:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they should be ok. I am more worried about injuries than if favre throws 2 ints. unless you ask the majority who are abandoning the ship already, which disgusts me to no end. they dont like to think about how al is coming back from injury,najeh, still no hunt or jackson, joey thomas...

but favre threw 2 ints...so its all over.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadaz, I love your support of the team, I really do. But, let's be realistic. Just saying "they will be just fine" doesn't make a great fan. I'm sorry, I just can't see the Packers doing too well this year. Does that make me a horrible fan? I don't think so. I'd love as much as anyone for them to do great. But, that doesn't mean I'm going to sit here and predict great things when I can see the writing on the wall. The NFL is parity driven, which means every team the Packers will face this year (as in previous years) has a lot of talent and can beat you on any given day. But, when your team (GB) keeps fumbling, throwing INT's, giving up huge gains on DEF, it puts you in a huge hole. I've been a Packer fan for a REALLY long time, and it pains me greatly to see them do poorly, but I fear we are in for a long season. :(

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol, ok. im not gonna mention the 96 team who got blown out in preseason, and didnt do too hot in preseason..

im done with it.

go ahead and look at the supposed writing on the wall.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, LOL. This team is WORLDS apart from the '96 team. I'm right there with ya hoping the Packers make it to the Super Bowl this year, but apparently only one of us live in reality.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm on the verge of giving into the dark side and reading into the preseason like LL...it's so hard not to.

You can say stuff like the line still needs time to gel, it takes a while for the newcomers to learn the system, you're playing vanilla schemes, and although that's true, remember it applies to every team...if you're essentially playing sandlot football, then you should still be advancing the ball more than 14 yards in a game, and the Packers have just looked dramatically crappier than the other 3 teams they've played.

Anyway, I know I'm looking WAY too much into preseason, but I'm a little flustered at the moment...here are some +s though...

-Walt Williams
-1:1 pass coverage looks OK for the lbs (Lenon esp.), and the corners
-Tackling seems to be getting slightly better
-Sander is getting better...had some great ones tonite
-

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All due respect, Musccy, it's not because of the preseason. Sure, there are minor improvements here and there, but like you said "the Packers have just looked dramatically crappier than the other 3 teams they've played."

I am the first to admit, Preseason means relatively NOTHING when it comes to schemes, personnel, etc. But, when you've got your #1 RB fumbling all over the place, the #1 Defense giving up mass yards, and the Special Teams looking anything but "special", how exactly am I being negative? I call it being realistic. :(

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
lol, ok. im not gonna mention the 96 team who got blown out in preseason, and didnt do too hot in preseason..

im done with it.

go ahead and look at the supposed writing on the wall.

We went 1-3 the year we won or do u mean the year after?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You never want to see any type of neck injury in a player for the obvious reason. Every time he gets hit everyone will hold their breath. The other side is the player sometimes looses a little by pulling up on plays because it is always in the back of their mind. It is like a baseball player getting beaned. Sammy Sosa has never been the same player since he was hit in the head a couple of years ago.

Members online

Latest posts