Vikings pt deux Studs and Duds

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
12 youre comments are noted and respected very much and i dont mind if you call me out i deserve some as far as being a pessimist is concerned. no worries....GO PACK!

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While being a small sample size, I'll give an honorable mention to MVS and Allison for downfield blocking and not ******** up big catches when I definitely expected them too.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Listening to A-Rod and his post game Presser I get the impression that the switch has finally clicked on tonight in his head that he actually believes in what MLF is doing and that it will work.

LOL...."other than James Jones, nobody probably saw us at 12-3 and winning the North"

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs: adams, zadarius, jones, were bosses tonight. the D front as a whole. o-line. everyone else pretty much did their jobs. rodgers 68 passer rating wasn't great (he was off again but had some real good moments) but there were some drops out there too. small ball won the day though. great drive in the 3rd for the jones td was one of their best all year.

duds: i can't think of any.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Listening to A-Rod and his post game Presser I get the impression that the switch has finally clicked on tonight in his head that he actually believes in what MLF is doing and that it will work.

LOL...."other than James Jones, nobody probably saw us at 12-3 and winning the North"
Seeing AR pick MLF up after he said that the team would get Christmas off was a great moment. Something special could be brewing.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Seeing AR pick MLF up after he said that the team would get Christmas off was a great moment. Something special could be brewing.

Agreed and I posted my comments as I was listening to Aaron's presser, but at the very end of it(after I posted), he totally acknowledges his coach and the defense.

THIS was the "signature" win that I was looking for and I think most of the team was looking for.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i certainly hope so. he's still capable of having the great moment but he's at the game manager stage of his career. he needs to embrace that and do what it takes to get to that brees/brady efficiency level.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
i certainly hope so. he's still capable of having the great moment but he's at the game manager stage of his career. he needs to embrace that and do what it takes to get to that brees/brady efficiency level.

While I will agree with you, as to the present situation, I will quantify it with the following. #12 has a pretty legit OL+ Adams+Jones. Beyond that, he has below average players in his TE and other WR's. So yes, he has had to come to the realization that he has to trust his defense and get as much as he can out of his offense.

All that said, if you are trying to paint a picture of a FHOF QB beyond his prime, I would disagree with you and say that Aaron Rodgers is just dealing with the hand that he was dealt and tonight, he played that hand perfectly.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You like that!

As a Packer fan, I LOVE it. Let's face it, the NFC North for the past 20+ years has been Packer fans knowing that they have a legit QB (Favre/Rodgers) to dominate the North and wondering/hoping that a division rival hasn't found theirs! I won't list all of the QB's that we had to hold our breaths on over those 20 years, but Cousins is the latest that has made me worry....slightly and tonight allowed me to say "yup, we still have the best QB in the North".

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I will agree with you, as to the present situation, I will quantify it with the following. #12 has a pretty legit OL+ Adams+Jones. Beyond that, he has below average players in his TE and other WR's. So yes, he has had to come to the realization that he has to trust his defense and get as much as he can out of his offense.

All that said, if you are trying to paint a picture of a FHOF QB beyond his prime, I would disagree with you and say that Aaron Rodgers is just dealing with the hand that he was dealt and tonight, he played that hand perfectly.
he's definitely beyond his prime (the numbers say so and so do your eyes) but he's still good. better talent around him will surely help.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Vikings O-line Duds for sure

Smith. Stud.

Wait, the Vikings had an O-line out there tonight? ;)

But yes, as some say, this game was won on the line. The Packers Defense dominated the LOS and the Packers offense did the same.

See you next year Raptor. ;)

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
As a Packer fan, I LOVE it. Let's face it, the NFC North for the past 20+ years has been Packer fans knowing that they have a legit QB (Favre/Rodgers) to dominate the North and wondering/hoping that a division rival hasn't found theirs! I won't list all of the QB's that we had to hold our breaths on over those 20 years, but Cousins is the latest that has made me worry....slightly and tonight allowed me to say "yup, we still have the best QB in the North".
Kinda gotta feel for Stafford as he has been the 2nd best QB most of his career but the rest of his team and FO just sucked.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

Enjoy it while it lasts. Because good QB's are hard to come by.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Wait, the Vikings had an O-line out there tonight? ;)

But yes, as some say, this game was won on the line. The Packers Defense dominated the LOS and the Packers offense did the same.

See you next year Raptor. ;)
Well, we could still meet in the playoffs. And I never leave.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Kinda gotta feel for Stafford as he has been the 2nd best QB most of his career but the rest of his team and FO just sucked.

Agreed. Was going to say that Stafford was probably the closes thing that another North Division rival has in the way of a solid QB, but as you said, "its Detroit".

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
he's definitely beyond his prime (the numbers say so and so do your eyes) but he's still good. better talent around him will surely help.

I know you are kind of a "Rodgers doubter" or at least a "hey Packer fans, keep your "Rodgers homerism's in check". However, I think it is really hard not to recognize that besides Jones and Adams, the Packers offense has very few weapons and that makes Rodgers job a lot harder than a lot of QB's that you like to try and compare him with.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I don’t think the Oline had 1 penalty that’s pretty impressive, now if ST can go lights out in Playoffs we could be a winner..#bring the trophy back to GB..

Members online

Latest posts