1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Vikes @ Jets

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by EauClaire_Jetfan, Oct 9, 2010.

1. EauClaire_Jetfan

EauClaire_Jetfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok Pack Nation. My Jets will hopefully beat the snot out of the Vikes and give you a little more room in the division. If Revis plays Moss will not make an impact and we will still be able to play 8 in the box to stop AD. We have a good shot at pulling out a win. This is my first post so If you want to know about me read on if not dont read any further. I currently live in Eau Claire WI. I have lived in AZ, SC, born in Brookhaven NY and now reside in WI. I have been a Jets fan all my life and am married to a Packer Fan. I wont bore you with the rest.:viksux:

2. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Haha! I don't like the Jets at all, but I will be cheering for them to beat the Vikings! We can bond over our mutual hatred of the Vikings, few things brings opposing forces together than uniting over a common enemy! So, and I loathe to say this but, Go Jets! At least your wife is a Pack fan! Enjoy your game on and may your Jets win!

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Welcome to the forum Jets fan!

I hope you're right. I don't care much for all the talking your team does, but, hey, you beat the queens, you're good with me!

BTW, you wife has GREAT taste, sports-wise. ;)

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,480
    Welcome!!

do wonder why your so confident that Revis cant stop Moss since he really didnt do it last time? I know he got " hurt" that play, but is he fully healthy now?

But your right we want you to smoke them, we want you to beat them so bad they are embarrassed to be on the same field

5. EauClaire_Jetfan

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the welcome. To be honest the trash talking was kinda cool at first since Mangini did not say anything but now its getting kinda old. As far as Revis he said he would not play unless he was 100%. Other than the last play he played he has never had any kind of significant impact on a game VS Revis. We have always had Revis on him in man coverage with no help. I feel really good about that match up. Also Cromartie did not let him have a catch in the second half of that game. I a more worried about AP to be honest

6. chucknorris101

chucknorris101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    so if revis doesnt do well, when tramon lights him up in two weeks think he'll get any press?

7. EauClaire_Jetfan

Ratings:
    +0
    He hasn't been "lit up" yet and has been going against Brady Manning Moss Welker Colts recievers ect.... Maybe he is due. we will see.

8. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

9. chucknorris101

Ratings:
    +35
    tramon is a CB not a WR. he's going to light up moss.

10. EauClaire_Jetfan

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea..... I probably should know more about your players considering I watch most of the games with my wife. I will say you should hope he does not get alot of press since you may be in the same position we were with Revis. High caliper CB cost big $$

11. chucknorris101

Ratings:
    +35
    they do, but the way teddy works the cap we have lots of room to resign people. hes going to be around a while as the heir to woodson/harris. and tbh hes playing better than them right now. hell tbh id put him up against revis. his targets havent had more than 3 catches or 40 yards.

12. EauClaire_Jetfan

Ratings:
    +0
    I will pay attention to him tommorow. I will be watching

13. chucknorris101

Ratings:
    +35
    he'll probably be on santana moss tomorrow, i think joey galloway is on the other side? jesus i think we're going to go 8 in the box.....so you might see him alot in single coverage. (or not if he does well hah)

14. EauClaire_Jetfan

Ratings:
    +0
    So your saying I should not start Moss tommorow?

15. chucknorris101

Ratings:
    +35
    that would probably be a bad idea. if its not tramon you get woodson.

16. EauClaire_Jetfan

Ratings:
    +0
    Mmmmm Edwards it is against the Vikes.

17. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    Correct. Every week my enemies are whoever is playing the Packers.........and my friends are whover is playing the rest of the NFC North. Although I do cheer for the Lions, after they lose so many games they can't catch the Packers. Thats just because I feel sorry for them and their fans, you know.........Matt Millen totally destroyed that team and shouldn't even have a F'n job right now working with the media. I mean.......what does his resume say?

Was directly responsible for the Detroit Lions having the worst win loss record in modern football over a 8 year period.

18. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Ah, amore my friend! It's a division thing. I even wanted those Eagles ( and in case you did not know, I HATE those Eaglets) to beat the Lions because if those enemies can help the Packers in the divisions, for that day only, I will cheer for them. :viksux::chisux::detsux:

19. Big Dan

Big Dan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +47
    I'm right there with Turbo69. I always root against Division opponents, and when 2 of 'em play each other, I root for the one with the worst record. I wish the Lions were in another Division, as I became a definite Stafford fan when he hurt his shoulder last year and came back into the game. That kid's got balls.

20. EauClaire_Jetfan

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok we did our part barely beating the Vikes. with my wife being a packer fan and Me being a Jet fan We have decided to go to the SB if both our teams get there. Sooooooo I will be pulling for the Pack (except on 10/31) for the rest of the season.

21. The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad the Viqueens lost. And Brett Favre did amazing. Amazing with that INT :D