Vikes fan here

V

Vikeman

Regardless of what any other nfl fans or so called draft experts say you guys came away with the steal of the draft. I'd like to think we did with Ciatrick Fason in the 4th however to nab Rogers as late as you did is straight up theft! He was predicted to be picked in the top 5 of every mock I saw. Altought I don't understand your 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
Altought I don't understand your 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Not many of us do, I don't that's for sure. I try to make excuses because I trust Ted, but I really am not sure.

2nd pick- I haven't heard much good about this guy and been hearing he could have been snagged in 3rd round easily, but we didnt have a third rounder cuz they traded that for 3 more picks. They say he can start right away so we'll see. I think if he starts we will have the youngest secondary in the NFL lol

3rd pick- This one makes more sense to me because of how badly we need a return game of ANY sort. with that said, we were extremely short handed for WR last year against the vikings, i belive we had 3, driver, chatwoman and a practice squad guy after walker went down. That I believe played a huge role in his selection.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
yeah thanks guy...there's been a lot of in-house fighting over #51 and #58, but almost everybody seems pleased with snaging Rodgers at 24.

Good-Nick Collins

Bad- the 51st pick

...if he's an unknown, why not get him with the 89th pick we had

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah well it seems that vikes have been able to fill more holes in their D than the pack so far, it should be interesting! Looks to me like the Vikes did a very nice job with FA's and the draft. Could be a bad situation for the pack.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
here's what I think were the top steals

1. Aaron Rodgers, GB, #24...two weeks ago he's the first overall pick. And I still think he will play better than Alex Smith, due to the complexity of Cal's offense (please dont bring up Tedford)

2. Matt Roth, Mia, #47...before Rodgers was a possibility, I wanted Matt Roth, I've praised the kid on other forums up to two months before the draft, like I said, a warrior, intensity, champion wrestler, a guy worthy of a first round pick, a guy you want on your side in the trenches...see there I go again.

3. Khalif Barnes, Jax, #52...I don't know who made Jamaal Brown the best tackle in this draft, I saw Barnes ranked ahead of Brown and some had him ahead of Barron, good job by Jax filling needs (though i disagree with Matt Jones)

4. Darryl Blackstock, Arz, #95...Late 1st/early 2nd round talent, Arizona steals another one.

5. Elton Brown, Arz, #111...First round talent, character questions, more than worth the fourth round pick.

6. Adrian Macpherson, NO, #152...Some say the most talented QB in the draft, Mcnabb-like, I wouldn't have spent a first day pick like some suggested would happen, a great 5th round pick.

7. Rian Wallace, Pitt, #166...Tenacious linebacker, first day prospect.

8. Antaaj Hawthorne,Oak #175...All ****** quips aside, late first round talent, solid run stuffer for the badgers, will be no different in the nfl if he keeps his head on straight

9. Craig Kemoatu, Pitt, #204...Should've taken this guy in the 3rd round instead of fellow guard Trai Essex (?)

V

Vikeman

Ryan said:
Yeah well it seems that vikes have been able to fill more holes in their D than the pack so far, it should be interesting! Looks to me like the Vikes did a very nice job with FA's and the draft. Could be a bad situation for the pack.

well thanks ryan. been busy over at all the vikies board. in a way it kinda upset me when you guys took rodgers. i don't want to see a vikes pack game without favre...would never be the same. kinda like when john randle left the vikes.

by the way ryan is there a war i could change my user name (4th and 26) without re-registering? it was funny at first but now seems a little redundant. i know it's gotta be annoying to your members posting with it. i wouldn't want nate poole over at purplepride.org.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan change it to 4thand28 in honor of Poole's catch.

kidding, kidding.

i've seen moderators at other boards do that for people, i bet he could...but only if you want to change it to HovanRulez#1.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure vikes. PM me your email address and the username you want and when I get it changed I will email you to let you know!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
by the way ryan is there a way i could change my user name (4th and 26) without re-registering?

He could allow user name changes, or change it to whichever you'd like.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Thanks slick :?:

Why the question mark? Do you have your PM box flooded now? lol

If you are questioning how to enable user name changes.

Go to Administration Panel > General Admin > Configuration > User and Forum Basic Settings > Allow Username changes

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know how to do it, just thought it was odd that you were speaking on what I could and couldn't do, almost on my behalf.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ryan said:
I know how to do it, just thought it was odd that you were speaking on what I could and couldn't do, almost on my behalf.

Wasn't trying to step on yer toes, was just letting him know there were options, seeing as you're a busy guy and all, I figured a quick response would ease him a little bit. He mentioned he didn't wanna re register.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
Ryan said:
Also, nice to see you back out on the board here 4th, haven't seen you in a while!

yeah really..but what about the animal vikes?? where's that dude been? enjoying the offseason no doubt...heh.
Same here - good to see ya back on the boards, "4th"...
We need that opposing commentary to stay sharp!

And, where is Vikes, anyway?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts