Unexpected Train Wrecks 2023

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Every year teams get over hyped during the off-season and then majestically crash and burn. Last year I picked Oakland and Arizona to go 6-11. I don't remember how they ended 22 season but neither was good.

This year I'm picking Minnesota and Miami to surprise a lot of people with their chunk blowing futility. I'll pick em both to go 6-11. I can see meltdown's happening to both of them.

What say you?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teams change so much and I don't pay that close attention to them. But I think Minnesota will be better than you think and Miami will be much better than you think. I like Miami's coach and Tagliov....can play well if doesn't get hurt. I've always liked Cousins and I think they will score points. Supposedly their rookie receiver seems to be transitioning in very well and should be an improvement on last year.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems the consensus in the NFC to make the playoffs is the winner's of the North and the South with the West sending SF and Sea while PHIL, Dal, & NYG go from the East. IMO Seattle with Geno Smith coming down to earth will not make the playoffs.
In the AFC JAX from the South, KC and LAC from the West, BUF, MIA, NYJ from the East and everyone from the North with CIN being the favorite have been mentioned as possible playoff teams. That is 3 too many. IMO BLT, CLV & Miami disappoint their fans.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every year teams get over hyped during the off-season and then majestically crash and burn. Last year I picked Oakland and Arizona to go 6-11. I don't remember how they ended 22 season but neither was good.

This year I'm picking Minnesota and Miami to surprise a lot of people with their chunk blowing futility. I'll pick em both to go 6-11. I can see meltdown's happening to both of them.

What say you?

Raiders 6-11 and Arizona was 4-13

If I had to bet, I thought about Cleveland but honestly last year they went 7-10 and that is a division up in the air so not going to go there.

My gut wants to go to two of these; Bills, Bengals, Vikings, Niners. All for various reasons...

I think I'll go Bengals, but not because I think they'll go 6-11 but I think they struggle against a division that I think gained on them more than they separated. Baltimore is tougher, Pittsburgh is better and the Browns on paper appear to have gained the most. With that I think an eight or nine win season happens and they miss the playoffs which is a major disappointment.

My other one I will say is the Bills....I believe Josh Allen is insanely good, but the vibes from there and the Diggs turmoil if true just oozes that paradise is not in a good place. Dolphins are loaded, Jets loaded up and you still have BB in New England. I just don't see Bills winning more than 9 or 10 and that could be borderline missing playoffs....and a BIG disappointment.

Reaction score
I think there is a significant chance Miami doesn’t break .500
They’ll split games with Buffalo/Pats 2-2
They’ll lose 2X to Jets
(4 losses)

@Chargers
Broncos
Giants
Panthers
@ Eagles
@Chiefs
Raiders
@Washington
Titans
Cowboys
@Ravens
(5 losses)

8-9 estimated and it would not shock me to see Miami finish 7-10

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The cards are looking the clear #1 draft pick for next season. I checked the math and was surprised to see they were already eliminated from the playoffs. Before the season even starts!

I'm going to say the Lions in the NFC does worse than most expect and miss the playoffs. 10-7 and miss the playoffs. The lack of defense will still be an issue.

AFC? Jets. 9-8 and miss the playoffs. I am going to say there is are sophomore slumps for some of those impressive rookies from last season. I don't think they added much with the draft to help now. The OLine is ppor and will struggle protecting Rodgers.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I think this is a good place to dump this article.
I think the Jets will start slow then go on a tear at the end. Their early season schedule is brutal. They could be 1-5 or 2-4 at the bye and then go 1-4 afterwards before they get to the cupcakes and go 5-1. Giants and Cowboys always seem overhyped. AFCE plays NFCE this season. Both divisions could be tough top to bottom. My guess is 8 of the 16 losses go to 3 teams.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What say you?
In the words of the great Peyton Manning:
" I like it. "

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The cards are looking the clear #1 draft pick for next season. I checked the math and was surprised to see they were already eliminated from the playoffs. Before the season even starts!

I'm going to say the Lions in the NFC does worse than most expect and miss the playoffs. 10-7 and miss the playoffs. The lack of defense will still be an issue.

AFC? Jets. 9-8 and miss the playoffs. I am going to say there is are sophomore slumps for some of those impressive rookies from last season. I don't think they added much with the draft to help now. The OLine is ppor and will struggle protecting Rodgers.
Lol, and last year the team everyone loved to hate was Seattle. That said, Arizona does appear primed for a 2-15 result and it wouldn't surprise me in the least mostly because I suspect their entire management team is incompetent.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, and last year the team everyone loved to hate was Seattle. That said, Arizona does appear primed for a 2-15 result and it wouldn't surprise me in the least mostly because I suspect their entire management team is incompetent.
Well I was already wrong about the Lions. They look better than I figured. They have a good coach and some pieces are falling into place. But I thought they were on the right track several times since firing Matt Millen, only to see them drift into mediocrity time after time.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think that anyone has necessarily hyped up the Broncos, but I see them slipping on banana peels and doing worse than the meager projections. I see them opening at 0-3 until they meet a similarly-incompetent opponent in the Bears during Week 4. I believe that Sean Peyton's comment about Russell Wilson needing to '...f***ing stop kissing all the babies.' It shows that Russ doesn't have his head in the game anymore, which we saw last year. Peyton already padded his golden parachute by throwing the former HC under the bus. I see train wreck written all over this season.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think that anyone has necessarily hyped up the Broncos, but I see them slipping on banana peels and doing worse than the meager projections. I see them opening at 0-3 until they meet a similarly-incompetent opponent in the Bears during Week 4. I believe that Sean Peyton's comment about Russell Wilson needing to '...f***ing stop kissing all the babies.' It shows that Russ doesn't have his head in the game anymore, which we saw last year. Peyton already padded his golden parachute by throwing the former HC under the bus. I see train wreck written all over this season.
The game against the Raiders was very winnable. And in Seattle Wilson usually came up with a few crunch time maneuvers to pull one out of the hat. Sunday looked like a rookie leading a new team.

ClutchLove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eh.....the Lions had Megatron and Barry Sanders....
true.

You almost have to wonder how someone like JJ feels - his career could potentially be wasted like CJ's...

I mean he was *this close* to being drafted by the Packers and playing with Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams - which would have been like a video game matchup because of how good that would have been

...but instead he is on a Vikings team that just lost Cook, a bunch of defensive guys and an aging Kirk Cousins with no more Thielen...

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
true.

You almost have to wonder how someone like JJ feels - his career could potentially be wasted like CJ's...

I mean he was *this close* to being drafted by the Packers and playing with Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams - which would have been like a video game matchup because of how good that would have been

...but instead he is on a Vikings team that just lost Cook, a bunch of defensive guys and an aging Kirk Cousins with no more Thielen...
Well. Cris Carter, Moss, John Randle, Robert Smith etc. never got to taste a SB much less win one. So he can try and hope.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their oline is a hot mess! Jefferson will get his yards..but beyond him and Hockenson..they don't have much on offense. Then there's kurt..that guy is good for at least 1 fumble and int a game.
Their defense is mediocre at best. They will probably end up 8-9 or 7-10.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And yet
Their oline is a hot mess! Jefferson will get his yards..but beyond him and Hockenson..they don't have much on offense. Then there's kurt..that guy is good for at least 1 fumble and int a game.
Remember all those games we had to focus on Dalvin Cook. No more.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Addison is solid too. They are just not good on the OL - debilitating for an offense, especially when your QB isn’t the most elusive.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their center position is a big part of the problem. Bradbury has never been very good, and he was out last night. Their backup struggled from the start. They were also without Darrisaw. Then Udoh got carted off in the 4th quarter. I'm not sure that we would look that good against the Eagles with three backups in there, but I think that we would look better than the Vikings!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Addison is solid too. They are just not good on the OL - debilitating for an offense, especially when your QB isn’t the most elusive.
Their run game is not the same right now. No Dalvin Cook.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good thing Gutey has amassed talent along the oline. Heck even Newman can be serviceable if they need..although he would probably need help.

Members online

Latest posts