Tuesdays with Mike McCarthy fan questions

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Q. What’s the word on Marshall Newhouse after two games at left tackle?
He’s doing a good job. We feel very good about Marshall’s play. One thing we really liked about Marshall coming out of college was his footwork and his hand speed. He’s doing a very good job with that. He knows the offense now and he’s a very intelligent young man. He can play every position on our offensive line except center, so that tells you how he’s doing. Mentally, he’s played flawlessly as far as his assignments and responsibilities. He’s getting better each week. He’s put together two good performances and I’m very pleased with the way Marshall has played so far. This will be his toughest challenge of the year against Jared Allen up in the dome.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Wow, no one is interested?
I love that he does them, just his answers are usually um bland. He doesn't create noise to stir up issues and create drama. It just feels weird thinking that he is doing a great job and well he doesn't seem like the most memorable person.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love this one.
It just proves my point that they are focused and keeping it real while being undefeated and taking it one game at a time.

Do you think being undefeated makes the season more stressful?​
The answer is no, because the game of football doesn’t really cause me any stress. It’s the things surrounding the game that cause stress as a head coach. I love game-planning. Besides Sunday, Tuesday is one of my favorite days because it’s game-plan day. It’s the coaches sitting around the grease board, talking about how we’re going to attack the opponent. I really, truly enjoy that part of the game of football and I always have. I really get a lot out of the camaraderie in the meetings, the ideas everybody brings to the table, particularly with our offensive staff. We’ve been together six years. Dom and the defensive staff have been together for three years now, and their ideas and how they visualize the game plan progresses very smoothly as well. Shawn Slocum is also very comfortable with the special teams game-planning. That part of it is a lot of fun for all of us, but there’s still nothing like game days. It’s a chance to go out and compete. The players ultimately compete on Sunday, but as coaches you get to compete in a lesser form.
The stress comes from the management of all the things outside of the actual game, such as dealing with the media, handling potential distractions or personal situations that always occur during the course of the season. If anything, it’s less stressful being 5-0.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts