When or Should We fire TT?

• After this Year

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • Give him another Year

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Ha! As if Mark Murphy has the balls to do that?

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • TT until Aaron Rodgers career is wasted away

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I like him, let's keep him

Votes: 42 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member 6794

The coaches must feel he is still on the comeback trail or he wouldn't still be on the roster.

In my opinion Barclay still being on the roster strongly indicates there's a lack of quality depth on the offensive line.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
At this moment with Linsely on PUP list and two rookies developing that is probably a correct assessment. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it all looks in December. Will be interesting to see how the 2 rooks and 2 ps guards develop. I'm curious to see if a Tretter extension announcement is coming in the next 3 weeks.

D

Deleted member 6794

At this moment with Linsely on PUP list and two rookies developing that is probably a correct assessment. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it all looks in December. Will be interesting to see how the 2 rooks and 2 ps guards develop.

With Lang and Tretter being nicked up hopefully the Packers don't need their interior backups before Linsley returns.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It's Thompson's fault that we are mired in this current mess. He drafted Rodgers after all. I hold him responsible for drafting the invisible Clay Matthews as well. The sky has fallen. We'll never win another game, not even against the lowly Bears or AFC South teams. It's his fault too that our top 3 cornerbacks are injured. He brought all three of those guys in.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's Thompson's fault that we are mired in this current mess. He drafted Rodgers after all. I hold him responsible for drafting the invisible Clay Matthews as well. The sky has fallen. We'll never win another game, not even against the lowly Bears or AFC South teams. It's his fault too that our top 3 cornerbacks are injured. He brought all three of those guys in.

The Packers current struggles over the last 17 games (8-9) indicate that a lot of posters around here were right about the team not having enough talent to win without elite quarterback play. That is at least partly on Thompson.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Packers current struggles over the last 17 games (8-9) indicate that a lot of posters around here were right about the team not having enough talent to win without elite quarterback play. That is at least partly on Thompson.

A very good point. When AR was at the top of his game, he was able to make a group of WR's all look pretty good. Reduce Aarons game to average and that same group becomes average or below. While I think Cobb and Jordy would start for most teams, the other 5 aren't that special.

D

Deleted member 6794

A very good point. When AR was at the top of his game, he was able to make a group of WR's all look pretty good. Reduce Aarons game to average and that same group becomes average or below. While I think Cobb and Jordy would start for most teams, the other 5 aren't that special.

Unfortunately that's true for several other positions as well. Without elite quarterback play the Packers overall are an average team at best.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Unfortunately that's true for several other positions as well. Without elite quarterback play the Packers overall are an average team at best.

Everyone is talking about our problems on offense, but sadly, I think we saw on Sunday that what most were saying was a great front 7 on defense against the run, really aren't all that special. We already know our secondary, especially with all the injuries, is about as shaky as they come. I'm really not looking forward to what might happen in Atlanta and trying to stop their offense. This team is kind of a hot mess right now IMO. Yes, we can beat the below average teams , but unless things are improved on both sides of the ball, Dallas was just a preview of what the better teams will do against us.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The cite I was looking for was you saying so before it happened. You know like last summer not yesterday.
I think he started this thread January 16 of 2016.

But we all know Ted doesn't use fa so not sure why this guy is pounding his chest

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Normally I would agree that the coaches know better. In the case of Barclay.... I'm having my doubts lol. I can't recall a time when that guy has seen the field when something bad hasn't happened.
Newhouse? Carrol?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I were GM, here is what I would do to make the Packers contenders. I would use all tools in the box including trades and free agency.
1- I would call John Schneider in Seattle and swing a deal for Richard Sherman giving up Lindsey and Cobb. Seattle is desperate for o line help and this draft is not deep in o linemen. Salary numbers are similar so you don't break the bank.
2- I go into free agency and get the best available cb like Trumane Johnson and sign a veteran pass rusher for depth like Demarcus Ware If you added Johnson and Sherman to Hhcd and Burnett you would go from the worst secondary to potentially the best.
3- In the draft I go with McCaffery in the first and package my second, fourth and second fifth pick to move up into the top half of the second round to pick the best available pass rusher, hopefully TJ Watt. McCaffery and Ty would be a two headed rb monster and make up the lost production from the slot where Cobb worked. McCaffery would instantly upgrade special teams to a dangerous level.
4-You move CM3 back to the middle and resign Tretter to be center, Cook to be TE, Lang at guard and Perry to be OLB. All the other free agents can go.
5- in the third and fifth rounds I pick a guard and d lineman. In the 6th and 7th rounds I go with WRERS hoping I hit a diamond in the rough.
Under that scenario, defense and special teams go way up in quality perhaps to top 10 or better. Offense would be ok and potentially dynamic with the addition of McCaffery. I don't see this scenario as too impossible to pull off. If it happened, Packets would go from a perennial 10-6 pretender to a legit if not leading SB contender.

Sky King

Reaction score
Barclay wasn't terrible until he blew out his knee. He has been awful since.
Quite true. He wasn't always a white knuckle fill-in at RT or anywhere else on the line for that matter prior to that ACL injury. It robbed him of whatever marginal athletic ability he once had possessed. He had enough ability to allow him to have a respectable season long stint as Bulaga's fill-in. I wish that player was back.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If I were GM, here is what I would do to make the Packers contenders. I would use all tools in the box including trades and free agency.
1- I would call John Schneider in Seattle and swing a deal for Richard Sherman giving up Lindsey and Cobb. Seattle is desperate for o line help and this draft is not deep in o linemen. Salary numbers are similar so you don't break the bank.
2- I go into free agency and get the best available cb like Trumane Johnson and sign a veteran pass rusher for depth like Demarcus Ware If you added Johnson and Sherman to Hhcd and Burnett you would go from the worst secondary to potentially the best.
3- In the draft I go with McCaffery in the first and package my second, fourth and second fifth pick to move up into the top half of the second round to pick the best available pass rusher, hopefully TJ Watt. McCaffery and Ty would be a two headed rb monster and make up the lost production from the slot where Cobb worked. McCaffery would instantly upgrade special teams to a dangerous level.
4-You move CM3 back to the middle and resign Tretter to be center, Cook to be TE, Lang at guard and Perry to be OLB. All the other free agents can go.
5- in the third and fifth rounds I pick a guard and d lineman. In the 6th and 7th rounds I go with WRERS hoping I hit a diamond in the rough.
Under that scenario, defense and special teams go way up in quality perhaps to top 10 or better. Offense would be ok and potentially dynamic with the addition of McCaffery. I don't see this scenario as too impossible to pull off. If it happened, Packets would go from a perennial 10-6 pretender to a legit if not leading SB contender.

So why are the Seahawks happy to trade a perennial all pro cornerback for a wideout on a bad contract and Corey Linsley?