Tramon Williams

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we have one real safety...who can play both safety spots, in amos. we have experiments in burks at linebacker, jones at linebacker. a hole plugger in tramon. one real cb in alexander. durability issues at cb in king. etc. still a mess back there. maybe they'll drop one of the linebacker experiments and let the guy sink or swim at ss and make a move for a real linebacker like white or bush. idk. smh
I’d love to see White in GB. Don’t think he makes it to #12 though, but stranger things have happened.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Williams < Breeland

Green Bay messed this up by not cutting Williams and making Breeland happen.
No kidding. That was a massive fail on Gluten’s part. Breeland wasn’t going to set the world on fire, but certainly has more upside than Tramon. Head scratcher after they chased him last year.

D

Deleted member 6794

had they wanted to, they could have cut Williams and kept Breeland. They didn't obviously, so it wasn't about the money. Had they wanted Breeland, he could have been had.

The Packers holding on to Williams over Breeland might end up being a mistake though.

Can save 5 mil by cutting him. There is NO NEED to keep him. Not even at safety.

Williams received a $1 million roster bonus last season. At this point releasing him would save $3.75 million.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying it was the correct decision, I would rather have the younger guy since they both add something to this defense at this point in their careers, i don't think one is far better than the other. But one probably has a lot more time left. I was just stating, the contract of 1 didn't prevent the signing of the other. and the contract he got from another team didn't prevent us from signing him either.

I think it's fairly obvious they saw something they didn't want, OR, Breeland wanted long term security and he wasn't in their long term plans so they just let him go. Or He just wanted to go, but it seemed like he enjoyed his time here so i'm not leaning that way.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying it was the correct decision, I would rather have the younger guy since they both add something to this defense at this point in their careers, i don't think one is far better than the other. But one probably has a lot more time left. I was just stating, the contract of 1 didn't prevent the signing of the other. and the contract he got from another team didn't prevent us from signing him either.

I think it's fairly obvious they saw something they didn't want, OR, Breeland wanted long term security and he wasn't in their long term plans so they just let him go. Or He just wanted to go, but it seemed like he enjoyed his time here so i'm not leaning that way.

Yeah I think it's clear the front office chose to keep Williams over resigning breeland. While they could of fit breelands chiefs contract under the current cap it would have left them with very little wiggle room. So I think it was definitely an either or situation, they weren't gonna keep both.

I would have gone with breeland because of age and playmaker potential

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He’s more than likely the #1 corner in KC. I think had he stayed in GB he was more than likely being moved to FS. He probably preferred to play CB...but with both King and Jackson being high 2nd rd picks maybe something was said that made him chose KC.

D

Deleted member 6794

I was just stating, the contract of 1 didn't prevent the signing of the other. and the contract he got from another team didn't prevent us from signing him either.

Well, actually the Packers would have had to create some cap space to fit Breeland's deal under the cap with releasing Williams being the most likely move.

Yeah I think it's clear the front office chose to keep Williams over resigning breeland. While they could of fit breelands chiefs contract under the current cap it would have left them with very little wiggle room.

The Packers signing Breeland to a deal like the Chiefs and releasing Williams would have actually created an additional $2.75 million of cap space at this point.

He’s more than likely the #1 corner in KC. I think had he stayed in GB he was more than likely being moved to FS. He probably preferred to play CB...but with both King and Jackson being high 2nd rd picks maybe something was said that made him chose KC.

I highly doubt the Packers thought about moving Breeland to free safety.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know they would have, and they could have. They could have kept which ever one they wanted to. Williams contract wasn't the deciding factor as they could have just cut him and moved on and signed Breeland. It was proposed that Williams' contract prevented them from keeping Breeland. That's what I responded to in the first place

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
king...throw out that he hasn't been able to stay on the field. we've all heard he's good but think about it...have we ever seen him do anything the way alexander has? the things that stick out to me are him getting beat by a step. to me...he's just been a guy to this point. it's kind of a prove it year for him. pass rush should be better this year so maybe that'll help him. idk
tramon is a backup forced into a starting roll. pass rush hopes apply to him too (and really everyone back there). *fingers crossed*
I think King can tackle well and could be a better defender. But the equipment coaches need to figure out something for him to wear to protect his shoulder. I mean, he seems to have shoulder injuries and he does his tackling with this shoulder.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can save 5 mil by cutting him. There is NO NEED to keep him. Not even at safety.
wouldn't cut him unless it's to sign someone better...at any position on the team. he's making too much to be a backup but that's essentially what he is...at two positions. as of right now if his cost makes him a starter i bet it's at free safety...at least at the the beginning of the year. you know someone will get injured back there (king) so they'll move him and amos will be moved back to FS.

D

Deleted member 6794

wouldn't cut him unless it's to sign someone better...at any position on the team. he's making too much to be a backup but that's essentially what he is...at two positions. as of right now if his cost makes him a starter i bet it's at free safety...at least at the the beginning of the year. you know someone will get injured back there (king) so they'll move him and amos will be moved back to FS.

I'm convinced Amos will be the starter at free safety entering this season.

Latest posts