Tramon Williams

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we have one real safety...who can play both safety spots, in amos. we have experiments in burks at linebacker, jones at linebacker. a hole plugger in tramon. one real cb in alexander. durability issues at cb in king. etc. still a mess back there. maybe they'll drop one of the linebacker experiments and let the guy sink or swim at ss and make a move for a real linebacker like white or bush. idk. smh

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we have one real safety...who can play both safety spots, in amos. we have experiments in burks at linebacker, jones at linebacker. a hole plugger in tramon. one real cb in alexander. durability issues at cb in king. etc. still a mess back there. maybe they'll drop one of the linebacker experiments and let the guy sink or swim at ss and make a move for a real linebacker like white or bush. idk. smh

We have 4-5 real CB's.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Outside CB's:
Kevin King
Jaire Alexander
Josh Jackson

Inside CB's:
Jaire Alexander
Tramon Williams
Tony Brown

SS:
Adrian Amos
Josh Jones
Ibraheim Campbell

FS:
Adrian Amos
Tramon Williams
Raven Greene

I don't mind our CB crew. King, obviously, has to stay healthy. We need to add a FS, imo. We obviously have higher positional needs than CB at the moment. I think Tony Brown and Raven Greene could give us solid snaps this year.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well...that's the position they play but they're not nfl starting quality yet. the back-end is far from settled in other words.

King and Alexander are absolutely starter quality. Josh Jackson is close, he has the ability, he's just raw. Tony Brown is a solid slot backup. And Tramon is still a solid slot/nickle.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Devin White should be the guy we draft if he is there... just how they fu cked up and didn’t take Derwin James last yr that still ****** me off

D

Deleted member 6794

Outside CB's:
Kevin King
Jaire Alexander
Josh Jackson

Inside CB's:
Jaire Alexander
Tramon Williams
Tony Brown

SS:
Adrian Amos
Josh Jones
Ibraheim Campbell

FS:
Adrian Amos
Tramon Williams
Raven Greene

I don't mind our CB crew. King, obviously, has to stay healthy. We need to add a FS, imo. We obviously have higher positional needs than CB at the moment. I think Tony Brown and Raven Greene could give us solid snaps this year.

While Brown and Greene could develop into solid players I would definitely feel more comfortable about the secondary if the Packers add another talented player after not being able to retain Breeland.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Williams < Breeland

Green Bay messed this up by not cutting Williams and making Breeland happen.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You said one real CB. You are wrong with that number.
king...throw out that he hasn't been able to stay on the field. we've all heard he's good but think about it...have we ever seen him do anything the way alexander has? the things that stick out to me are him getting beat by a step. to me...he's just been a guy to this point. it's kind of a prove it year for him. pass rush should be better this year so maybe that'll help him. idk
tramon is a backup forced into a starting roll. pass rush hopes apply to him too (and really everyone back there). *fingers crossed*

H

HardRightEdge

Outside CB's:
Kevin King
Jaire Alexander
Josh Jackson

Inside CB's:
Jaire Alexander
Tramon Williams
Tony Brown

SS:
Adrian Amos
Josh Jones
Ibraheim Campbell

FS:
Adrian Amos
Tramon Williams
Raven Greene

A couple of notes:

There's no reason not to include Williams as a 4th. perimeter corner.

Campbell is not under contract and he's coming off an ACL. There are some mumblings that the Packers might be interested in signing him as camp approaches. He's a low probablity return in my view. ACLs are no small matter.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Outside CB's:
Kevin King
Jaire Alexander
Josh Jackson

Inside CB's:
Jaire Alexander
Tramon Williams
Tony Brown

SS:
Adrian Amos
Josh Jones
Ibraheim Campbell

FS:
Adrian Amos
Tramon Williams
Raven Greene

The Packers don't need Tramon Williams playing safety. Need to draft 2 guys one as high as 2nd round. And honestly I'd draft Nasir adderely at #44 and if Chauncey Gardner Johnson was available at #76 I'd be hard pressed not to take him too. I think both those guys are gonna big time playmakers.
I'm not attached to Raven Greene either I'd be totally good if the 4 man safety group was Amos, Josh Jones, Adderely, and Gardner Johnson. That's a strong and diverse group that would grow quickly into a strength of the defense.

Amos and whoever wins the battle for the other spot start and the other two probably see time in certain packages

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
king...throw out that he hasn't been able to stay on the field. we've all heard he's good but think about it...have we ever seen him do anything the way alexander has? the things that stick out to me are him getting beat by a step. to me...he's just been a guy to this point. it's kind of a prove it year for him. pass rush should be better this year so maybe that'll help him. idk
tramon is a backup forced into a starting roll. pass rush hopes apply to him too (and really everyone back there). *fingers crossed*

Tbh, I haven't seen many CB's do what Alexander did as a rookie. He's special.

Focus on what King does well. There's a lot there.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers don't need Tramon Williams playing safety. Need to draft 2 guys one as high as 2nd round. And honestly I'd draft Nasir adderely at #44 and if Chauncey Gardner Johnson was available at #76 I'd be hard pressed not to take him too. I think both those guys are gonna big time playmakers.
I'm not attached to Raven Greene either I'd be totally good if the 4 man safety group was Amos, Josh Jones, Adderely, and Gardner Johnson. That's a strong and diverse group that would grow quickly into a strength of the defense.

Amos and whoever wins the battle for the other spot start and the other two probably see time in certain packages

Oh I completely agree we need a safety. I like Raven Greene, but I do not want him starting. That would be a problem. Tramon obviously isn't an answer, but he provides decent-good depth at a multitude of positions, which is clearly why he was kept over Breeland. I was just saying that the CB group doesn't look awful like some have said. The safety group needs work done to it.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't think Williams will enter this season as a starter. While he's a decent backup at this point in his career him having to play the majority of snaps would be disappointing.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Williams will enter this season as a starter. While he's a decent backup at this point in his career him having to play the majority of snaps would be disappointing.

If we don't expect him to start there is ZERO reason to pay him what we will be....zero.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's getting just under 5 this year as a super versatile part of the secondary. Please don't act like his contract is ridiculous.

His contract essentially cost us resigning Breeland. Our current Secondary swapping Breeland in for Williams IS IMO tremendously better!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His contract essentially cost us resigning Breeland. Our current Secondary swapping Breeland in for Williams IS IMO tremendously better!
had they wanted to, they could have cut Williams and kept Breeland. They didn't obviously, so it wasn't about the money. Had they wanted Breeland, he could have been had.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I really don't agree.

Breeland had some good games and some awful games.

Williams is very respected in the locker room, is capable at a multitude of positions, and understands the game scheme. That isn't exactly nothing.

Members online