Tramon Williams

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is everyone's thoughts on Tramon Williams?

Like most I was somewhat happy to see him come back to solidify our secondary. The announcers keep saying that he is providing a veteran presence, which may be true. However, he has gotten burned in quite a few games this season for long passes and TDs. He seems to be playing like a player who doesn't have the legs anymore. He tries to make cagey veteran moves that sometimes work and sometimes don't. He got beat last night again when the young guys were making plays. I'm also fairly certain that he vacated his spot in the zone on the Gurley run. He followed a WR across the field from that area when everyone else played a spot.

As King and Alexander get healthy and Jackson comes into his own, I think that Tramon needs to be either be playing the dime or moved to safety if Dix is traded. I think that the WRs in this league have too much over him at this point.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Like most I was somewhat happy to see him come back to solidify our secondary. The announcers keep saying that he is providing a veteran presence, which may be true. However, he has gotten burned in quite a few games this season for long passes and TDs. He seems to be playing like a player who doesn't have the legs anymore. He tries to make cagey veteran moves that sometimes work and sometimes don't. He got beat last night again when the young guys were making plays. I'm also fairly certain that he vacated his spot in the zone on the Gurley run. He followed a WR across the field from that area when everyone else played a spot.

As King and Alexander get healthy and Jackson comes into his own, I think that Tramon needs to be either be playing the dime or moved to safety if Dix is traded. I think that the WRs in this league have too much over him at this point.
If we can get rid of HHCD by tomorrow, Williams certainly could play S. I agree that the younger guys have passed him by. Too bad. He’ll always be a Packer to me, and I won’t forget the great season he had during the 2010 SB run.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't like the signing at all. A 35 year old CB isn't going to be an improvement in the secondary, and it's showed this season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He clearly doesn't have the legs he used to have. I don't think he's here 3 years, but at the same time, he's here for a reason. Considering our defensive backfield is better, and young guys are learning, he'll be replaced when it's time.

Reaction score
I feel like he is very slow now. And that is because he his. I like him giving guidance to the young guys, but he gets beat... A lot.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
After a tough loss, everyone sucks. I noticed some uneven stitching on one of the jerseys. Really shows up on the white jerseys.

The entire staff of seamstresses should be sent packing.

Reaction score
After a tough loss, everyone sucks. I noticed some uneven stitching on one of the jerseys. Really shows up on the white jerseys.

The entire staff of seamstresses should be sent packing.

I don't think anyone said Williams should be cut? Matter of fact I see people saying keep him due to his ability to educate young players in spite of his own ability.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't like the signing at all. A 35 year old CB isn't going to be an improvement in the secondary, and it's showed this season.
If you remember ALL the way back to last season, a 35 year old CB was going to improve our secondary.

We've gotten better.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been noticing Williams for a few weeks. He's no Darrell Green but pretty good for his age. He just needs to be in less spots where he can get exposed. If safety is that spot, so be it.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score

My thought is release him not the player anymore not willing to tackle and gets beat a lot too slow to return punts so,thanks for your memories but bye

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because of Tramon or because of the rookies we drafted the past two years? I would say the latter.
King and Alexander are absolutely reasons, really good reasons already. But one goes down and everyone else moves up. Tramon is better to have out there being consistent at one spot than putting a guy like Gunter into the rotation. I think he's having an impact on these young guys in addition to being a pretty decent player still, on the field. He's had a couple not so great plays against him, but so did prime Tramon, or prime Shields, woodson, harris, etc. He's a good vet to pair with that young group for now. Eventually I expect to see his snaps go down and King, Jackson and Alexander to take over.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because of Tramon or because of the rookies we drafted the past two years? I would say the latter.
Totally agree that we got better because of King and our two rookie corners....and some addition by subtraction.

However, at the point that we got Tramon Williams it was a positive add compared to what we had. Now we've improved beyond his usefulness at the position.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
He’s been all we could expect— a solid, yet unspectacular veteran. I love that the young corners have him in the room. His play has been fine. Not amazing, but as good as anyone has a right to expect from a guy that old.

D

Deleted member 6794

If we can get rid of HHCD by tomorrow, Williams certainly could play S.

Williams isn't fast enough anymore to adequately replace Clinton-Dix.

Williams is still an improvement over the cornerbacks the Packers had last season, especially when being used as the nickel or dime.

My thought is release him not the player anymore not willing to tackle and gets beat a lot too slow to return punts so,thanks for your memories but bye

The Packers releasing Williams at this point would result in an additional cap hit of $1.4 million. It's not gonna happen.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Williams play at the end of our last Superbowl win is enough for me to think of him as my hero. I'll cut him some slack ANYTIME !!!! If that pass was completed, we lost the Superbowl.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uhhh...exactly how fast do you think HaHa has been playing?

Especially when it seems like he jogs on half the plays.

I think what is concerning the Captain, and rightly so, is that Williams does not have the speed to cover ground as fast as HHCD can. This is obviously a concern as he would not have the range to be effective against the deep ball.

That being said, I do feel like we should try him out at FS. Maybe he makes up for this lack of speed with better vision and anticipation. It's not like we have a whole lot of other options. Imho Alexander, King, heck, even Jackson have been outplaying him at CB. There's a big chance Breeland will be better as well, all though I wouldn't mind giving him a few looks at FS too.

Riley82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if pettine is happy with the trade of HHCD if he thought he was a lazy player or he is annoyed we will never know for sure.
I think Williams will be good at safety and we will draft a safety and Pass Rusher.
I feel sorry for you guys in the usa as you get idiots like Skip Bayless and Cowherd on tv please do not send them to us on uk tv.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what is concerning the Captain, and rightly so, is that Williams does not have the speed to cover ground as fast as HHCD can. This is obviously a concern as he would not have the range to be effective against the deep ball.

That being said, I do feel like we should try him out at FS. Maybe he makes up for this lack of speed with better vision and anticipation. It's not like we have a whole lot of other options. Imho Alexander, King, heck, even Jackson have been outplaying him at CB. There's a big chance Breeland will be better as well, all though I wouldn't mind giving him a few looks at FS too.
For whatever speed HaHa had, he was always 2 steps behind and took bad angles. When he did arrive he did nothing or made terrible tackle attempts. Brice has more than enough speed, what does it mean? There's more to football than the measurables .

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score

playing saftey is far easier then playing corner, Im pretty sure he will be used in a floater type situation, sort of how nick collins was used. tramon not a big hitter but hes a ball hawk.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For whatever speed HaHa had, he was always 2 steps behind and took bad angles. When he did arrive he did nothing or made terrible tackle attempts. Brice has more than enough speed, what does it mean? There's more to football than the measurables .
I am not convinced that Williams will be a better tackler. And like I said, Williams might indeed be able to make up for it with vision, or better overall awareness of where a play is going if you will. That being said, it is definitely not a given and it remains to be seen if he can play up to HHCD's standard. Personally I'm not too optimistic on that count, but I also feel like Williams is the player on the roster that would come closest to emulating HHCD's production.

Reaction score
What we lose in Safety experience I believe will be offset by our Corner group.
We now have 4 solid CBs to choose from. More than anything, as long as Williams plays C grade ball at Safety, we just got our best talent on the field at CB. I believe Breeland is an upgrade from Tramon but he will need time to shake the rust off. Time to take Breshaud for a test drive.

This reminds me of a similar move in 2014 as Clay played inside. That got Clay, Peppers and Perry on the field simultaneously and we immediately improved by having the best talent on the field.

The only regret I have is making these changes while in Foxborough, but the other side of the coin is that we should get tested early and often. If we improve against NE you know it’s for real.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts