Tramon Williams

D

Deleted member 6794

Uhhh...exactly how fast do you think HaHa has been playing?

Especially when it seems like he jogs on half the plays.

Clinton-Dix definitely plays faster than Williams. Tramon might make up for it by being smarter but I'm not sure the move will work out.

For whatever speed HaHa had, he was always 2 steps behind and took bad angles. When he did arrive he did nothing or made terrible tackle attempts.

While Clinton-Dix definitely isn't one of the elite safeties in the league he's an above average one. The Packers might find out that it was a mistake trading him during the season.

playing saftey is far easier then playing corner, Im pretty sure he will be used in a floater type situation, sort of how nick collins was used. tramon not a big hitter but hes a ball hawk.

Hopefully you don't expect Williams to perform even close to the level of Collins, otherwise you will be extremely disappointed.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully you don't expect Williams to perform even close to the level of Collins, otherwise you will be extremely disappointed.
I’m not saying that, I’m just saying you have a lot more wiggle room at safety then you do at corner. I’m saying he’s a ball hawk

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The only regret I have is making these changes while in Foxborough, but the other side of the coin is that we should get tested early and often. If we improve against NE you know it’s for real.
I certainly agree with this for sure.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The job of any good coach is to put his players in position to succeed by maximizing their strengths and minimizing their weaknesses. I believe that Pettine will do this with a player as smart as Williams.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clinton-Dix definitely plays faster than Williams. Tramon might make up for it by being smarter but I'm not sure the move will work out.

While Clinton-Dix definitely isn't one of the elite safeties in the league he's an above average one. The Packers might find out that it was a mistake trading him during the season.

The amount of times that we saw HaHa jog on plays was enough for me. You think players don’t see that on film? That’s supposed to be a leader. A leader doesn’t jog on the field! A leader gives full effort!

Forget the stupid PFF grades and actually watch what he does on the field.

D

Deleted member 6794

The amount of times that we saw HaHa jog on plays was enough for me. You think players don’t see that on film? That’s supposed to be a leader. A leader doesn’t jog on the field! A leader gives full effort!

Forget the stupid PFF grades and actually watch what he does on the field.

I agree that Clinton-Dix didn't strike me as a player capable of developing into a leader.

All 32 NFL teams use PFF by now and yet I should rather trust a random guy on a message board. Got ya :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Packers fans seem pretty 50/50 on the deal. I tend to lean more towards being okay with it. However if the side that says we are good without him is right, then the team is in great shape and playing well. Those saying that opposite... Why would you want to be right?

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers fans seem pretty 50/50 on the deal. I tend to lean more towards being okay with it. However if the side that says we are good without him is right, then the team is in great shape and playing well. Those saying that opposite... Why would you want to be right?

I definitely don't want to be right about Gutekunst making a mistake by trading Clinton-Dix during the season.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Clinton-Dix didn't strike me as a player capable of developing into a leader.

All 32 NFL teams use PFF by now and yet I should rather trust a random guy on a message board. Got ya :rolleyes:

I’ve literally given you the examples on tape of him jogging on the field. I’m not asking you to trust me, please don’t, I don’t know much. I do know what limited effort looks like though, and he was giving it here. I’m just asking you to actually watch the tape. Just because you paid money for a PFF subscription doesn’t make it the gospel of football. If it was, they’d be running NFL teams.

D

Deleted member 6794

I’ve literally given you the examples on tape of him jogging on the field. I’m not asking you to trust me, please don’t, I don’t know much. I do know what limited effort looks like though, and he was giving it here. I’m just asking you to actually watch the tape. Just because you paid money for a PFF subscription doesn’t make it the gospel of football. If it was, they’d be running NFL teams.

I don't consider PFF be-all and end-all of football but their grades and numbers are a pretty good indicator of a player's performance on most occasions.

In addition I agree that Clinton-Dix hasn't played flawlessly by any means this season but as long as you haven't watched all of his snaps on coaches film you might get a wrong perception about his performance by solely concentrating on the plays you see on TV.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't consider PFF be-all and end-all of football but their grades and numbers are a pretty good indicator of a player's performance on most occasions.

In addition I agree that Clinton-Dix hasn't played flawlessly by any means this season but as long as you haven't watched all of his snaps on coaches film you might get a wrong perception about his performance by solely concentrating on the plays you see on TV.

I’m not going by what I see on tv. Can’t jusge secondary on that.

I’m going by what guys like Andy Herman or Ben Fennell show us on the All-22 that they watch. I like the visual representation. But of course, I’m biased with who I like.

What I’ve seen from HaHa this year is a guy who’s playing hesitant, who is a poor tackler, gives poor effort, and occasionally makes good plays in coverage. He’s probably the best safety we have/had, probably not going to adequately replace him this year, and he shouldn’t be hard to replace next year. We aren’t winning the ship this year, so send the guy out and get assets. That’s smart roster building.

D

Deleted member 6794

I’m not going by what I see on tv. Can’t jusge secondary on that.

I’m going by what guys like Andy Herman or Ben Fennell show us on the All-22 that they watch. I like the visual representation. But of course, I’m biased with who I like.

OK, so you base your opinion on highlight tweets by some "experts". That sounds like a sound plan :rolleyes:

Reaction score
My opinion is this: Was he the best safety we had? Yes. Is it likely he will get better than what he is now? No. At this point it becomes 100% preference. Do you prefer GB move on now and develop new talent at the position? Or do you wanna go with him (our best safety) knowing that his best is likely not good enough. That is the question isnt it. I prefer the former. I believe that if getting rid of you means I will be a bit worse now, but have the chance to surpass where we would be had we kept you then I am in.

D

Deleted member 6794

Is it any different than what you do?

And Fennell actually works for an NFL team. But I digress.

FWIW Fennell worked for the Eagles as an associate producer until January but wasn't part of their football department.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tramon (and committee) can't be any worse than hcd has been the last two seasons. there'll surely be more hustle and willingness to tackle from the position now. they weren't going to sign him anyway and got a 4th. no problem with it at all.

H

HardRightEdge

Tramon Williams had a $1 mil roster bonus due if he was still on the roster as of the 3rd. day of the league year. That was yesterday.

If there was a plan to move on he would have been released by now.

This is a strong indication Breeland won't be re-signed.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon Williams had a $1 mil roster bonus due if he was still on the roster as of the 3rd. day of the league year. That was yesterday.

If there was a plan to move on he would have been released by now.

This is a strong indication Breeland won't be re-signed.
it was only $1m. that's nothing in football world. i wouldn't call the remodeling crews out yet if i were him. at this point it's just insurance money.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

it was only $1m. that's nothing in football world. i wouldn't call the remodeling crews out yet if i were him. at this point it's just insurance money.
I look at it this way. If there was a plan to release Williams, there would have been no advantage to doing so until yesterday. Since they didn't, there is no such current plan. That is new information.

If you think the Packers are in negotiations with Breeland, and dumped $1 mil as a contingency against failing to make that deal, I think you'd be mistaken.

Last edited by a moderator:

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I look at it this way. If there was a plan to release Williams, there would have been no advantage to doing so until yesterday. Since they didn't, there is no such current plan. That is new information.

If you think the Packers are in negotiations with Breeland, and dumped $1 mil as a contingency against failing to make that deal, I think you'd be mistaken.
for breeland maybe but maybe there's someone else they're thinking about. my point is it's a cheap amount for a little insurance.

H

HardRightEdge

for breeland maybe but maybe there's someone else they're thinking about. my point is it's a cheap amount for a little insurance.
If you go back and look at what I posted intitially, you'll note my comment was specific to Breeland.

Members online

Latest posts