1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Training Camp Battle 2: Atari Bigby vs Morgan Burnett

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FrankRizzo, May 11, 2010.

?

Come our first PLAYOFF game (in playoff week 2), which guy will be our starter ?

1. Atari Bigby like the 2007 playoff push

16.7%
  2. Morgan Burnett because Bigby will be hurt

16.7%
  3. Morgan Burnett because he will have been a clear upgrade

66.7%
  1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Which guy will be our starter come playoff week 1/2?

This also comes from the same article someone e-mailed me.

2. lancer84

lancer84 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    In "playoff week two" ? Confused.

IMO Burnett is an upgrade. But thats for the coaches to discover out during training camp. Hope Bigby doesn't get injured, but who knows. I don't believe that he'll have another breakout season like he did in 07, he could come close though. This years gonna be a whole lot better with more competition and etc.

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    1 if we go wildcard, 2 if we go straight divisional game...

Bigby has yet to sign his tender. I believe as soon as week 6, Burnett is the starter.

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Im a fan of Atari and as long as he is healthy i think he will be a starter.

5. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Playoff opening weekend, #3 seeds vs #6 seeds, #4 vs #5.

#1 & #2 seeds don't play til week 2 of the playoffs.
    You need to think bigger lancer84!
    No more of this wildcard schit for us! :happy0005:

6. lancer84

lancer84 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Hell yeah man! lol thats what i thought after i posted it.

7. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Burnett because McCarthy will fall in love with his ball hawking ability.

• Like Like x 2
  8. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    Burnett

Because him and Collins as safties will be IMMENSE

9. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    agreed, by the time the games really start to count, I think Burnett will be out there more and more.

10. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I don't think there really will be "competition" for someone to get their name on the No. 1 spot on a piece of paper. Burnett is a solid cover guy and I think he can handle Nickel-Dime duties (in the box coverage) like he has in college. Capers will find a way to get both of them on the field.

11. bravesman18

bravesman18 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    It might sound crazy or strange, but I wonder if Bigby could play linebacker in certain situations? As for Burnett, hopefully at the least he'll show more football smarts than Bigby, and earn the starting job by the start of the regular season(the sooner the better).

12. The Wok

The Wok Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Doesn't sound too crazy. Safety to linebacker (or vice versa) isn't all that uncommon. Two things - he is about twenty pounds light and normally you'd do this to help the LBs in coverage, where Bigby doesn't necessarily excel.

I wouldn't be against trying it at all, though. I think Matthews/Bigby on the outsides could be interesting as a change up and we know Capers doesn't mind using some odd packages every once in a while.

13. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I could see this happening as well but I doubt they make him bulk up. He's slow as it is. I doubt he could be a good pass rusher. As an in the box coverage guy, it sounds possible.

14. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Thing is, I don't think the coaches and players will soon forget that Bigby was on the sideline during the playoffs, where he probably could've played. I remember the players' reaction to him being there...

15. bravesman18

bravesman18 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    What do you mean?... elaborate please.

16. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Yeah, that's it. If I remember it correctly, when he got injuried, he took his helmet off and there were some player (Barnett or Woodson) that reportedly got mad at him. I believe they thought he should've played anyway, that his injury wasn't that serious...

17. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Yeah it was Bigby with the hammy in that game, and I remember seeing Jennings ask him something on the sideline, and Bigby responded, and then Jennings had a look on his face..... hard to describe, but it looked like Bigby wanted no part of that aerial attack on our defense that day. We looked like the Iraqi national air defense the day we launched our initial assault on Baghdad with all our firepower.

Atari no-go.

18. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66
    What are the chances Bigby doesn't really even need to compete for his job and Burnett takes over the nickel/dime role?

19. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Quite big... In fact, it'll happen, early.

But if he shows promise, I doubt they'll keep him at nickel/dime and not move him to the starting spot...

20. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Yup I definitely remember this. I think it was after that roaring speech that Jennings was gave to the team when he noticed Bigby was the only guy not in the huddle. Jennings went up to him to try and figure out was wrong. I remember the announcers saying something along the lines of Bigby getting yelled at by one of the coaches or something but not quite sure. I'm starting to believe that he was not only injured but taken out the game because the staff didn't like what they were seeing.