Trade deadline looms

gary 67

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JJ Watt please come back home and be a Packer we need a pass rusher so bad on defense after watching that game in denver. Clay is playing his new inside position really well but we need a pass rusher now.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Joe thomas idea would be a great one. Just expect Sutton and Lang to be sent to the glue farm. Bahk is disappointing me this year.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Enough with the Watt stuff. It's never going to happen.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Broncos have acquired Vernon Davis for a sixth- and a seventh-round pick in 2016 and another sixth-rounder in 2017.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually it is Davis and a 7th in return for 2 6ths. Pretty much Davis for a 6th and swapping a high 49er 7th for a low Broncos' 6th.
That's not a bad trade then. But in the end, Denver will find out if Davis has really slipped or not.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davis makes a lot I bet. So it's risky in that sense. The watt thing...last time the best dlineman was moved . Reggie white to gb. And we won a superbowl. Joe thomas is a reasonable idea. Wisconsin boy. Fills a spot we have been trying to fill since Clifton. And bahk becomes depth we havnt had... Until the guard's contracts come up. Sitton and Lang make too much. Imo. It is a more important position. Rodgers needs protection in his coming years...

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Thomas would be too expensive and I'm not sure how he'd handle the blocking schemes, line calls on such short notice. I would like to see TT pull the trigger on an ILB, we need one badly and the Texans are shopping Cushing. Need 1A) a receiver who can stretch the field, need 1B) an ILB to not suck it up in the middle of the field.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
11.5 mill and we have no idea how much longer he has. Id honestly rather see two solid players with the right skill set than one elite player.

D

Deleted member 6794

Interesting take on thomas easy. How expensive you think he is?

Thomas would count $4.65 million towards the cap for the remainder of this season. He has three years left on his contract after that for a total of $29.5 million but as far as I can tell no more guaranteed money.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But how much would he cost in picks and how much would you guys give up for a player of his age?

D

Deleted member 6794

But how much would he cost in picks and how much would you guys give up for a player of his age?

The Browns would for sure ask for an early round pick in return. I'm not convinced he would be worth that much though especially with the necessary financial commitment.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cushing would be interesting to get. Plus Clay's old team mate at USC.
I took a page from CaptainWIMM and looked up Cushings contract. Seems he is over $9mil in salary next year with over $7mil as dead money if cut. Does that look right, Capt.? If so, he is out of the question.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I took a page from CaptainWIMM and looked up Cushings contract. Seems he is over $9mil in salary next year with over $7mil as dead money if cut. Does that look right, Capt.? If so, he is out of the question.

yeh i forget the numbers, but it was something like that. bout the 3rd highest paid ILB in the league if i remember correctly.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davis makes a lot I bet. So it's risky in that sense. The watt thing...last time the best dlineman was moved . Reggie white to gb. And we won a superbowl. Joe thomas is a reasonable idea. Wisconsin boy. Fills a spot we have been trying to fill since Clifton. And bahk becomes depth we havnt had... Until the guard's contracts come up. Sitton and Lang make too much. Imo. It is a more important position. Rodgers needs protection in his coming years...

Reggie wasn't traded he was a free agent. Big difference.

Members online

Latest posts