Trade deadline looms

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if this recent performance will force TT or CM's hand to try getting us a TE or a WR in here? There are a few teams out there that are apparently "Open for business" (49ers, Texans, Browns and Bears) and they'd be willing to trade almost anyone off their roster within reason.......

I am curious if TT calls someone and asks about a potential trade?

I'm not overreacting here, I don't overreact like some fans do. However, I am more curious about the situation than anything. One has to wonder if Rodgers has went to TT or CM and was like "Hey, we need playmakers in the passing game" or something like that.

Rodgers has went on record a few times complaining about separation of our WR's.

The deadline is tomorrow.

Any predictions? It'll probably come and go with zero activity, but hey, you never know.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know who'd they'd trade for. I don't think our offense lacks for weapons. I know they aren't performing, but i don't think it's for lack of talent. I think most teams would take our top 3 WR and our RB tandem any day. I still think LT is a weak link for us, but not a skill position and anyone worth a crap isn't being traded for because the guys that are good are never available to other teams and for good reason. I'm disappointed in our TE play, I thought Rodgers would be more productive, but if blocking is his weakness, I don't see a guy like V.Davis coming here and doing it any better.

I think the Broncos showed us who the weak link in the secondary is, but we're not trading for anyone there, we were down a couple guys and we have plenty of talent at that position. ILB would be nice, because anyone not named Matthews at that position always seems out of position. They over pursue and then get caught in the wash of the linemen and the backs shoot right past them a lot. A least last night there were a couple big plays i noticed that.

so in short, I don't see them making any trades, they need to figure out how to get more out of the players we have.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Had this game happened before the bye week, I would have hoped that TT at least would have explored a trade for a TE or WR to give Rodgers an additional and much needed weapon. But as we all have pointed out, history has proven that TT covets his draft choices way too much to make a move between now and tomorrow's trade deadline.

D

Deleted member 6794

I still think LT is a weak link for us, but not a skill position and anyone worth a crap isn't being traded for because the guys that are good are never available to other teams and for good reason.

While I agree with the sentiment that Thompson won´t make a trade it seems that the Browns are open to trading Joe Thomas.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree with the sentiment that Thompson won´t make a trade it seems that the Browns are open to trading Joe Thomas.
he's a guy I think could and would make a noticeable difference with this team, but i'm not holding my breath on that. I didn't know they were shopping him, I still can't imagine he'd be cheap

D

Deleted member 6794

he's a guy I think could and would make a noticeable difference with this team, but i'm not holding my breath on that. I didn't know they were shopping him, I still can't imagine he'd be cheap

It would for sure take an early-round pick to acquire him. As I´ve said above I don´t expect Thompson to make a trade before tomorrow´s deadline.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks. But aren't there areas of greater need on the team right now?

Also don't think anything's going to happen, but two points here. "Greater need" is perhaps debatable (although if installing Thomas in place of Bak gets AR out of his funk, maybe not), but the key is "right now" - remember not all that long ago when the Pack was supposed to have one of the top couple of receiving corps in the league? Circumstances can change in a heartbeat, and plugging one hole doesn't necessarily mean you can't heal another one.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if TT/CM are even discussing the possibility of some kind of trade? Or its not even being mentioned at all.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm just wondering if TT/CM are even discussing the possibility of some kind of trade? Or its not even being mentioned at all.

I´m convinced they are discussing about the possibility of making a trade. But Thompson won´t give up too much to acquire any player.

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I´m convinced they are discussing about the possibility of making a trade. But Thompson won´t give up too much to acquire any player.

Whether TT actually discusses trades or not is, to me, not that relevant (and unless one has inside sources impossible to prove).

What is relevant is the indisputable fact that TT has not made a single trade for a player in over 8 years and the best predictor of future performance is recent past performance. TT just does not seem to do trades for players.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also don't think anything's going to happen, but two points here. "Greater need" is perhaps debatable (although if installing Thomas in place of Bak gets AR out of his funk, maybe not), but the key is "right now" - remember not all that long ago when the Pack was supposed to have one of the top couple of receiving corps in the league? Circumstances can change in a heartbeat, and plugging one hole doesn't necessarily mean you can't heal another one.
I'm not sure Bak is in a funk, I think it's just who he is. He's not that strong for one and he can be bullrushed every single time. He just can't hold up and after he gets pushed into Rodger's lap a few dozen times, they speed rush him and he gets called for holding or they are on rodger's in a second or less.

Members online

Latest posts