too much moderation

OP
OP
S

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, clearly define the purpose of the "shoutbox" What is it, what's it for? I'll be honest, I'm never going to use it like most others do. I've commented in there, but it seems pointless as unless I stay there, whatever i'm talking about or responding to is lost in the wash of stuff I don't really care to read. and I'm never going to be a regular user because I spend more time watching the game. sending texts, writing messages, etc take away from that for me so I'm always going to be much more of a regular forum user.

I'd hate to have to moderate that place. Too much time and attention dedicated to complaining. if that's what it's for, just let them have at it. It at least provides for good entertainment when someone else goes and finds some of the gems from the game later in the week :)
I actually prefer the old game day threads... those too could get some nasty posts in them, but I suspect less than the shoutbox. While it isn't much, I think the act of adding a reply in here takes just enough longer that it dissuades some of out of control emotional crap.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Well this thread has pretty much gotten to the flogging a dead horse stage. We've listened to the input and appreciate some of the good humor to lighten the mood.

However, before we move on to game day and such, I wouldn't mind hearing if there are any other good ideas out there with how to moderate/handle the shout box on game days. It's not bad during the week. It just gets out of hand on game days and the mods have been scratching their heads over this one. There is wisdom in the multitude of counselors...
Shoutbox rules should be simple.

1. No cussing
2. No attacking other posters.

If you can't live by those simple two rules you shouldn't be out in public. There maybe should be third but I'll let someone else come up with it.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

1. No cussing

If you can't live by those simple two rules you shouldn't be out in public. There maybe should be third but I'll let someone else come up with it.

3. No shouting "Game over" after every play, including the coin toss. :coffee:

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score

1. No cussing

But I like swareing... :(

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I`m seriously happy to step down as a mod if you want the job, but you don`t seem to want the job yourself, so what exactly DO you want ?

Um...whether or not you're happy is no longer an option for you, sir. I told you as much when you willingly became a moderator. Your cyber life as you knew it quickly circled down the john. :)

Further, you're happy to step down as a mod? I thought you were a Brit. You're sounding like you're French. :geek:

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Um...whether or not you're happy is no longer an option for you, sir. I told you as much when you willingly became a moderator. Your cyber life as you knew it quickly circled down the john. :)

Further, you're happy to step down as a mod? I thought you were a Brit. You're sounding like you're French. :geek:

I so want to answer you, but I`d get myself banned.....wait a minute :cautious:........ffffffffffff