Thompson/McCarthy Backup QB Experiment to Blame

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Was McClown also out of football for over a year, before this season's salvation project?
I honestly don't know, just asking.

He wasnt, but what does it matter? Wasnt Kurt Warner was benched in favor of Matt Lienhart?? So being out a year isnt that big of a deal is it?

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wasnt, but what does it matter? Wasnt Kurt Warner was benched in favor of Matt Lienhart?? So being out a year isnt that big of a deal is it?
Well, in all fairness, Josh McClown was never Kurt Warner. The Giants just pushed Warner out the way so they could get to their 2004 draft pick Eli Manning..... who was actually drafted by San Diego but was forced to the Giants, for Philip Rivers, who caused the Chargers to dispose of Drew Brees, who was scooped up by New Orleans, after Miami passed on Brees, in favor of the more athletic prototype sized Daunte Culpepper.

Which proves that GMs and teams do, in fact, make mistakes that often times the fans called ahead of time.
Why deny that?
I mean nobody here should expect the GM to be perfect, as we don't expect anyone to be perfect.
Only Eagles fans expect perfection and boo otherwise.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me, some fans on here were unfair in their judgement without really seeing what he could do with a week of practice.

And I don't get all the love for Tolzien.
I was feeling really doubtful, even though he made that awesome TD run, against the Vikes.
Then when I saw Flynn going out there, I gave a cheer and was feeling a breath of fresh air and thinking that he was going to go out there and do it. Which he did. But the defense and players not knowing that the game can end in a tie is why we didn't win, IMO.
Wallace and Tolzien are tweedle dee and tweedle dum. Both met my expectations which was extremely low.

Last edited:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Tolzein is still to young and inexperianced, he may progress into something in the future, so he must be your tweedle dee

But Wallace is definatly the tweedle BUM and dumb

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Ha. I don't ever remember saying fire TT? yes i have talked about his poor decisions by not having a solid backup on the roster, over paying average players, not wanting free agency help, and some of his draft choices but that is justified imo. If his approach is to draft and develop players then please tell me why we didn't have a guy at the most important position on the team ready in case Rodgers got hurt? tell me why he cut two guy's that had been in the system that he signed? in Harrell and Coleman who wasted roster space. TT lovers please explain this to me. Defend him please.
Easy to defend buddy.
No draft and develop system is without it's flaws. If picking players were like picking flowers every team in the NFL would know the marching order of talent. It's a crap shoot there champ.
I'd just like to know who you think they should have grabbed or nabbed and at what point?
Look Rodell..... the best answer to your question is this: Did they address it and is it solved to your satisfaction? Yea, I thought so, now your only point is to say they should have done what you thought but only earlier.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile Rodell. I don't think anybody was truly against Flynn coming back. You only need to go search old posts to find out what most fans here thought of him back in the day. We loved him and still do.
Follow the timeline and the information you seek should reveal your answer. It just didn't work out before. They had backups, they can't just go throwing them out the door willy-nilly and expect the locker room to respect them. Flynn came at an opportune time and a good price and it's all good. Why the heck can't you acknowledge that they did their jobs?

Members online

Latest posts