1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Mark Lovat HAS to be FIRED now, or else Seneca Wallace....

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FrankRizzo, Nov 10, 2013.

1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Do you guys think there are so many hamstrings these days compared to before, because there are more weightlifting going on?

Guys maximizing (or going beyond max) their muscle mass...... leading to building but weakening of these things?

I wonder if guys in the 50's & 60's pulled hammies all the time before everyone was such a finely-tuned muscle-bound athletic specimen.

2. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +832
    I went into detail before in another thread and am not going to again but to summarize: I think the hamstring injuries come from the newer age weight training that gives you too dominant of a quad, specifically front squatting which is all the rage now. I hate it. It does not train the hamstring like a regular squat does.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,970
    Cowboys just lost there most important LB on def to a hammy

4. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +832
    I just saw that. That was a weird freakish leg whip/leg stuck in the turf. That did not look like your normal hammy epidemic mechanism for injury. I don't think anyone would protected from that.

5. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +338
    Having been a Packers fan since 1956 and being a religious fan since the mid 60's I don't recall such a rash of hamstring injuries as there have been in the NFL in the last decade.
    But then on some days I can barely recall my name.:D

6. Bus Cook

Bus Cook You're never alone with a schizophrenic

Ratings:
    +226
    Is that you yoop?

7. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +784
    No, just the latter.

8. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +184
    I don't remember the exact physics equation......but when 2 masses collide......there is force....or something like that. With guys getting, bigger, stronger and faster......something has to give.......I wasn't around in the 50 and 60's to know what injuries were like, but I know when your biggest strongest guys were playing O-line in the 70's and not colliding at top speeds with each other, there had to be fewer injuries.

9. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,799
    Fair comment mate ;), I think people are just frustrated with crap going on around here. I`m sure we`ll calm down soon enough :x3:

10. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Yep, I'm frustrated over what could have been and what is. I don't like the prospects of waiting another year for potential salvation.