Mark Lovat HAS to be FIRED now, or else Seneca Wallace....

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you guys think there are so many hamstrings these days compared to before, because there are more weightlifting going on?

Guys maximizing (or going beyond max) their muscle mass...... leading to building but weakening of these things?

I wonder if guys in the 50's & 60's pulled hammies all the time before everyone was such a finely-tuned muscle-bound athletic specimen.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went into detail before in another thread and am not going to again but to summarize: I think the hamstring injuries come from the newer age weight training that gives you too dominant of a quad, specifically front squatting which is all the rage now. I hate it. It does not train the hamstring like a regular squat does.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cowboys just lost there most important LB on def to a hammy
I just saw that. That was a weird freakish leg whip/leg stuck in the turf. That did not look like your normal hammy epidemic mechanism for injury. I don't think anyone would protected from that.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you guys think there are so many hamstrings these days compared to before, because there are more weightlifting going on?

Guys maximizing (or going beyond max) their muscle mass...... leading to building but weakening of these things?

I wonder if guys in the 50's & 60's pulled hammies all the time before everyone was such a finely-tuned muscle-bound athletic specimen.
Having been a Packers fan since 1956 and being a religious fan since the mid 60's I don't recall such a rash of hamstring injuries as there have been in the NFL in the last decade.
But then on some days I can barely recall my name.:D

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don't remember the exact physics equation......but when 2 masses collide......there is force....or something like that. With guys getting, bigger, stronger and faster......something has to give.......I wasn't around in the 50 and 60's to know what injuries were like, but I know when your biggest strongest guys were playing O-line in the 70's and not colliding at top speeds with each other, there had to be fewer injuries.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Fire Dom Capers!
Fire Slocum!
Keep Wallace on the bench and bring in Flynn!
Do we give credit or praise to anyone?
No! This is the Packer Forum where we dish out criticism like Halloween Candy!
Oh heck, fire everybody!
Even the water boy?
I heard that Clay didn't like the flavor of his Gatorade™

Man, so much quickness to blame around here.

Fair comment mate ;), I think people are just frustrated with crap going on around here. I`m sure we`ll calm down soon enough :x3:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts