The thing that pissed me off the most

Reaction score
In 2 of Atlanta's drives. We had a 3rd and 19 and a 3rd and 9 and both times we allowed them to do a little dump off and complete both of them for first downs. The 3rd and 19 ended up short but it was short enough for them to go for it on 4th down. The third and 9 allowed them to get a first down and score. Also the last special teams play. If I want to lose a game i would of rather had Matt Ryan drive 40-50 yards to set up a field goal, rather than us give them great field position and let them only have to drive 10-20 yards

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you know what, Matt Ryan will be credited for a 4th QTR come back win for driving 20 yards for a FG, AROD will be credited an L, it's BS!

Oklahoma_Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their first 4th down conversion wasn't even a catch, and all we had to do was challenge it and it would've been overturned, but we didn't challenge it.

That's what ****** me off. And then they ended up scoring a couple of plays later.

*Sigh*...... So frustrating...

DirtyBird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correction, Matt Ryan will be credited for another clutch drive, not a comeback drive. We weren't losing.

Reaction score
what pissed me off the most today was mccarthy not throwing the red flag 2 times.

the 1st was the play when rodgers had a 1st down and they didn't give it to him. replays show he had it

throw the flag

the 2nd time when on 4 th down the catch was dropped and then atlanta scored

throw the damm flag

:sigh:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what pissed me off the most today was mccarthy not throwing the red flag 2 times.

the 1st was the play when rodgers had a 1st down and they didn't give it to him. replays show he had it

throw the flag

the 2nd time when on 4 th down the catch was dropped and then atlanta scored

throw the damm flag

:sigh:

Dont blame McCarthy, blame the guys upstairs. McCarthy doesnt watch the game on TV like we do. Unless it happens right in front of him he has to trust his guys.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Thats what upset us so bad today..."throw that FLAG!!!!"

*oooo something to market for the fans...our own red flags to throw at the tv for challenges , and yellow ones that should of been called on opposing teams!

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blowing a scoring opportunity at the one is what made me the most mad.

I was screaming at my TV all game for Kuhn. Come on, QB sneaks and 5WR at the 1 yard line on first down? RLY?

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Their first 4th down conversion wasn't even a catch, and all we had to do was challenge it and it would've been overturned, but we didn't challenge it.

That's what ****** me off. And then they ended up scoring a couple of plays later.

*Sigh*...... So frustrating...

Nobody saw the drop. If you're honest, you didn't see it either until the replay. Unfortunately, nobody got to see the replay until too late. Just the way it goes sometimes.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Nobody saw the drop. If you're honest, you didn't see it either until the replay. Unfortunately, nobody got to see the replay until too late. Just the way it goes sometimes.

Honestly, I said "Did he catch that?" right after the play was over. I don't remember what I saw, but it was enough to elicit that reaction.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it was a catch. What was most puzzling is we didn't cover Gonzalez on his TD. How can you not cover the best tight end in history??

Also, can't we get at least one kami kaze on the kick coverage unit?

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Furthermore, does anyone know if Jagodzinski is still out of work?
It's really a pizzer when your back loses 7 yards on 3rd and 1 because the o-line is blown up.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have spent most of the afternoon thinking about the game today. Here is what made me angry...

We are the better team, but we found ways to lose. I know it didn't show up, but I really believe if we played that team 8 times we would win 10 of them. Atlanta is talented, but I know to my core that we are the better team... SO WHY DID WE LOSE?

My first observation was that we stuck with the running game way too long, or we stuck with the one running back too long. It was clear very early that Brandon Jackson was not going to be effective. It wasn't completely his fault, but he did not hit the holes (few that their were) hard.

The next thing I saw is that the no huddle was effective, so was spreading their defense out... so why did we stop? I put that on the coaching. Why when things are working this year does McCarthy continually change? Every announcer says, "The Packers can't abandon the run, they have to stay balanced". In a game like this, BULL. Stick with what is working... keep their same defense on the field through no huddle. Don't run for the sake of running!

Finally, I'm not one to complain about officiating, but come on. That was a pathetic excuse of a game by the gentleman that keep the law of the game. The spots were continuously poor and there were so many head scratching calls (see Shields personal foul, the "catch" by Gonzalez on the one yard line, etc). It was clear throughout the game that the Packers were going to have to win the game on their own.

Overall, I am still very optimistic in the Packers. I feel they are still one of the most talented teams in the NFC, but they have made it ******* themselves. They don't control their destiny as much. The Bears have A LOT of home games against the big teams, where we travel. Keep the faith and GO PACK GO!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont blame McCarthy, blame the guys upstairs. McCarthy doesnt watch the game on TV like we do. Unless it happens right in front of him he has to trust his guys.

Agreed, that wasn't MM's fault. Nobody told him about it and he couldn't see it for himself. One of his players should of clued him in to throw the flag IF they had seen it themselves. By the time MM found out about it, it was too late to throw the flag as Ryan (smartest thing he could of done), had already snapped the ball. It should of been a booth review. It was rather unfortunate as that play may of cost us the game, along with the TD that was not to be (fumble on 1 yard line). That was our bad.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 things:

1- The replay on 4th. I would have thrown the flag for the fact that it was questionable on the catch and the results would have been BIG. (1st dwn or TO). BUT............................................

anyone who has been to a road game (or a home game) can tell you that part of the home field advantage is that the AV guys get to control the trinitron replays. If you are at home and you see a questionable play that may be reviewed, it WILL either a) get delayed for a LOOOOOOONG time.... or b) not get replayed at all and show a statline of the player or an ad. They even mentioned it during the game that MM never got a chance to see it, and his assistants didnt tell hom to throw the flag. Dungy tonight even mentioned it during SNF countdown about not seeing replays on the road. Its part of the game. Still would have thrown the flag due to the specific circumstances.

2- If we would have handled our business throughout the game, these would all be non issues.
-missed tackles (too many to count)
-missused time
-went away from the run early(and Kuhn, which is a head scratcher that NOBODY has mentioned, as he has carried us in the run game for weeks now)
-letting AROD dive with a GL ball, instead of using our WORKING run game (see above) which turned into 7 the other way, on 2 plays in the same series
-Playing a weird, oddly familiar zone most if the game (you know, the one that cost us most games at the end usually when trying to not allow our opponents to get into scoring range yet rarely works)

again, I am at peace with this loss, but it still irks me to see how close we are yet allow the same things to cost us wins.

Different song, same dance....

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Here's a little something to chew on..

Jason Wilde said there was about a 20 second delay from the cameras in the press boxes/ coaching boxes to the live game.

He said a play would be run, he'd look at the monitor, and they were still in the huddle.

Dom Capers and his guys in the box never had a chance to see that play enough to tell MM to challenge.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
2 things:

1- The replay on 4th. I would have thrown the flag for the fact that it was questionable on the catch and the results would have been BIG. (1st dwn or TO). BUT............................................

Okay, one thing here. MM has been criticized earlier this year (Bears game, and Buffalo I think) for challenging plays he shouldn't have. So now we want him to throw the flag on a whim? Seems a little hypocritical.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Okay, one thing here. MM has been criticized earlier this year (Bears game, and Buffalo I think) for challenging plays he shouldn't have. So now we want him to throw the flag on a whim? Seems a little hypocritical.

Well were not NFL coaches so it's not our job to know when to throw the red flag. That being said, as spectators, I think were entitled to point out that he has no clue what to do with the thing.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
On that 4th down, why not call a time out (GB had two remaining) to give more time to consider whether or not to throw a red flag? Or can you not do this?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it was a catch. What was most puzzling is we didn't cover Gonzalez on his TD. How can you not cover the best tight end in history??

Also, can't we get at least one kami kaze on the kick coverage unit?
WE?
WE were in a zone... and everyone did their job except DESMOND BISHOP.

It's not WE there... it's all HE. Watch the replay again and see how he foolishly cuts to the right for some reason, then boom, wide open gap.

Nick Collins couldn't believe Bishop did that.

And on those 2 3rd & longs the original poster talked about, it was Woodson and Peprah, and then Zombo who messed up the tackles. They were afraid of Snelling... trying to tackle the big guy at the ankles.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well were not NFL coaches so it's not our job to know when to throw the red flag. That being said, as spectators, I think were entitled to point out that he has no clue what to do with the thing.
You have to look at it rationally though. The HC is limited to what he sees live, replays on the jumbotron, what his players tell him, or what the coaches in the booth tell him.

1. The play was away from him so he couldn't see it.
2. The game was in Atlanta and the other team controls the video to the big TV. They obviously didn't show it.
3. I didn't see any of the Packers on the field encouraging a challenge
4. That leaves the coaches in the booth. They do not have their own network feeds up there and are limited to what FOX broadcasts. When I watched the FOX replay, the one replay they showed prior to the next snap, I could not tell if it was caught or not. That angle it was doubtful that there would be 'indisputable evidence' found.

So what are you expecting of McCarthy? To establish his own network with a dozen cameras and a crew weeding through the footage to find any possible challenges? Do you want him to employ a psychic to predict the future if a challenge will work or not?

I think your expectations of a head coach are unrealistic.

DirtyBird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have spent most of the afternoon thinking about the game today. Here is what made me angry...

We are the better team, but we found ways to lose. I know it didn't show up, but I really believe if we played that team 8 times we would win 10 of them. Atlanta is talented, but I know to my core that we are the better team... SO WHY DID WE LOSE?

My first observation was that we stuck with the running game way too long, or we stuck with the one running back too long. It was clear very early that Brandon Jackson was not going to be effective. It wasn't completely his fault, but he did not hit the holes (few that their were) hard.

The next thing I saw is that the no huddle was effective, so was spreading their defense out... so why did we stop? I put that on the coaching. Why when things are working this year does McCarthy continually change? Every announcer says, "The Packers can't abandon the run, they have to stay balanced". In a game like this, BULL. Stick with what is working... keep their same defense on the field through no huddle. Don't run for the sake of running!

Finally, I'm not one to complain about officiating, but come on. That was a pathetic excuse of a game by the gentleman that keep the law of the game. The spots were continuously poor and there were so many head scratching calls (see Shields personal foul, the "catch" by Gonzalez on the one yard line, etc). It was clear throughout the game that the Packers were going to have to win the game on their own.

Overall, I am still very optimistic in the Packers. I feel they are still one of the most talented teams in the NFC, but they have made it ******* themselves. They don't control their destiny as much. The Bears have A LOT of home games against the big teams, where we travel. Keep the faith and GO PACK GO!
The better team won.

Members online

Latest posts