The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 29 42.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Jordan's passer rating yesterday was the best playoff rating of any GB QB in franchise history.
I wonder if Rodgers ever thinks maybe he should have bought in to MLF's offensive schemes just a little more?
No. That would be rather too far out of character I think

Reaction score
How about not feeding the troll? Any time I see any of the forums where it's Poster A followed by Poster B for a couple of pages, I really want to envision what'd happen if one ignored the other (or, at least, didn't respond).
I love those online Tennis matches.
It’s such a stress reliever for me personally. It’s almost better than unloading on a Psychologist and it’s FREE!! :p

Reaction score
I think getting Love 1 more immediate upgrade at LT (Top64) substantial OG/OC (Top150 draft or Free Agent) on the level of fighting for starter interior OL or little to zero dropoff in talent.
+
1 more RB that was a dual threat or YAC Ace etc (Top 100 draft)

1 more Slot WR that can come in
for Reed for injury without a massive dropoff (Top 4-5 Rounds) Someone with experience as an additive.

We’re basically 1 upgrade at starter and 2 really good depth pieces of having a more Robust feel around Jordan.

I’d spend 2 of our Day1-2 draft selections drafting support for Jordan, plus go get a substantial FA upgrade on OL that can play iOL at a proven, high level

Get me a Great LT (Mims etc) Longhorn, Jonathon Brooks (wait on his recovery table) and a good early day 3 iOL and if we hit? We’d be remarkable by week 12-14 or so of 2024. Try to retain Dillon on RB 2-3 $$ as he gets better in colder weather.

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree 100%+ ... I moderated a very VERY busy site until the mid-2000's, wouldn't touch it again ... period. There are many posters out there who are simply unmanageable and looking for trouble. The moderator who sees himself as a "peacekeeper" paints a target on him or herself just like U.N. Peacekeepers in the Middle East.

L.T. does just fine. A man can can only take so much sh*t. As Kenny Rodgers sang "Sometimes you've go t fight when you're a man."
I agree… I will say that moderators should not start fights, but I have no problem with them defending themselves.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, I didn't get an answer on this the first time, so I'm going to ask it again:
Why was Jordan Love working in a flower shop?

Reaction score
Okay, I didn't get an answer on this the first time, so I'm going to ask it again:
I don’t know.
Maybe their slogan is
“Flowers delivered by Love and you’re sure to blossom!” :)

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I have to say this if your a first take w/Steven A Smith or not that show was hellarious he nailed it with the Cowpokes and Mad Mike and whimpering Jerry Jones I laughed my a** off, I was out today grocery shopping and showing off Packer colors, so many fans were cheeseheads, saying what a good win, and so glad Dallas lost, even the Dallas fans I ran into gave the Packers props, now if we can put on that kind of performance against 9ers 2010 all over..

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
What is the source of the question? I heard something about failing to push some girl's car out of the snowbank. Why was he there? The dude has a girlfriend and his job was taking him out of town for the weekend. Maybe she had booked a romantic spot when the team wasn't doing too well and he had to change her plans?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It won't be long before this thread is titled "The Jordan Love Era Ends." Love can join the likes of Scott Hunter, David Whitehurst, and Randy Wright. Of course those guys were drafted in the 6th or 8th round...
Lmao

You only hate me cuz I call you out for illogical rants

And before you say

Oooo you ban people that don't agree with you. Ask Jayzee after he jumped me if he is banned

And how you jumped me and all the other stupid *** **** you spewed..you are still posting

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is the source of the question?
It was on the pre game show yesterday. They showed clips of him walking through a greenhouse and waiting on a customer at the counter. Is he working there? if so, why? This isn't the '60s, he shouldn't need a part time job. Does his family own a flower shop? Was it some sort of strange metaphor that I didn't understand?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was on the pre game show yesterday. They showed clips of him walking through a greenhouse and waiting on a customer at the counter. Is he working there? if so, why? This isn't the '60s, he shouldn't need a part time job. Does his family own a flower shop? Was it some sort of strange metaphor that I didn't understand?
It was a joke. Google it. The flower shop is roots on 9th. See their FB page.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a joke. Google it. The flower shop is roots on 9th. See their FB page.
Looks like the same greenhouse. But I don't get the joke. What is so funny about Love working in a flower shop? What's it supposed to mean?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
And now?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Lol, you will not let me forget this and I'm good with it. I'm more than happy to eat my own words on this one. As I watched the Eagles play I could see Hurts missing open guys on blitz packages from the Bucs. Love was doing any outstanding job against the Cowboys and their blitz packages. There was no panic audibling. Specifically, the TD pass to Wicks was an all out blitz by the Cowboys. Love calmly changed the play and got the snap off. He the proceeded to read the defense perfectly, made the correct adjustment, and tossed the perfect pass. I'm loving me some Love!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was a play during the game that was unreal. A Packer went in motion and the cowboys made an adjustment and tipped their hand. Love didn't like it and called an audible pointed out someone on the defense (I presume he was customizing the blocking) then completed a great pass. Was it a TD? I don't recall - so many great plays. He did this in a few seconds. What mastery of the Packer offense. This was Rodgers in his prime and much earlier in his career. Can Love take it to the next level? Hard to imagine. But just being a better teammate and leader will result in greater things. It's a great time to be a Packer fan.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordan's passer rating yesterday was the best playoff rating of any GB QB in franchise history.
I wonder if Rodgers ever thinks maybe he should have bought in to MLF's offensive schemes just a little more?
One incompletion away from a perfect rating too!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackerRyche

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was a play during the game that was unreal. A Packer went in motion and the cowboys made an adjustment and tipped their hand. Love didn't like it and called an audible pointed out someone on the defense (I presume he was customizing the blocking) then completed a great pass. Was it a TD? I don't recall - so many great plays. He did this in a few seconds. What mastery of the Packer offense. This was Rodgers in his prime and much earlier in his career. Can Love take it to the next level? Hard to imagine. But just being a better teammate and leader will result in greater things. It's a great time to be a Packer fan.
As I was rewatching the game, I pointed out this play to my wife as an example of the chess game that happens on the LOS during the snap count. Even she was impressed. Love got the Cowboys to give away the blitz and changed the protection scheme. Probably also alerted WR's in the process. Cowboys stayed with the blitz and Love backpedaled enough to make room for a nice throw over the now wide open middle. Cowboys still had a free rusher that Love had to deal with. This shows veteran level gamesmanship and is very reminiscent of his predecessor (mentor?). As Packer fans, it's what we've become accustomed to seeing for many years now and very good to see the tradition continue.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Should of been the highest in NFL playoff history. Both Love and CJ Stroud posted 157.2 in their first playoff opportunities

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should of been the highest in NFL playoff history. Both Love and CJ Stroud posted 157.2 in their first playoff opportunities
I saw that. Crazy how the two quarterbacks with the least experience have by far the best passer ratings in the playoffs.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. That would be rather too far out of character I think

Agree.

I recall reading that Gute said, Rodgers wanted to win a SB so much that wound himself tight in games and rarely threw to someone he didn't trust (i.e the youngsters). Ironically you could see the same in MM/Dallas game with Dak throwing lot of incompletions to CDL before garbage time, despite Gallup being more efficient with lesser targets.

Plus any manager/coach would have to be an idiot to not scheme around their multi-MVP franchise QB. In this case, MLF scheme for Rodgers seems to have been a step down from his free flowing style.

Reaction score
I think 13 back to back Wins showed Rodgers was able to overcome most changes in play design with senior play recognition and a general mastery of the position. Although against the premier Defenses (the Saints, Bucs, 49ers, etc. and in bigger games, Rodgers QB alterations couldn’t overcome the deficiency lost in diverting from intended design. Rodgers could make his way work against inferior Defenses, but with the elite Defenses, MLF design was the full spectrum of the Offense tools. This can be seen in that Musgrave Y split play. It had multiple components of trickery to masterfully get all 3 levels to bite on a primary and secondary Play “look” By the time Dallas did that? Musgrave remained patient and then used his speed to pull away into an empty secondary for an easy score. A great QB changing its design would’ve ruined an easy TD there with still having a chance at a hard one.
At that point, it results in a small % of key, brilliant play designs being lost due to not being implemented at all. That play above had to be used at the right time in the correct sequence. 2 big plays by #33 prior was the setup and it hadn’t been used since the Musgrave catch and trip.

THAT is was Bosa meant when he said the difference with Jordan Love vs Rodgers is Love Plays the way the Offense intended its design. Even great Defenders recognize it.

Last edited: