The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 29 42.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a conversation about Love last week, a team executive from an NFC team was in awe of how quickly Love has blossomed into a star. Like everyone else, he had doubts about Love when he looked unsure and threw inaccurately through the first half of the season. The second half of the season, however, has been a quarterbacking clinic of throwing with anticipation and accuracy.

The executive predicted Love would be the Packers’ next MVP quarterback. More importantly, he also predicted “at least” two Super Bowls.

“He’s so calm,” the executive said. “Nothing bothers him. Aaron (Rodgers) wanted to win a second Super Bowl so badly that I think he got tight in big games and he didn’t trust anyone but his favorite guys to make a play. I don’t see any of that in Jordan. Not to talk anything away from Aaron, but you’d almost rather have Jordan just playing and not overanalyzing everything. He’s the real deal.”

Pretty interesting excerpt from an article on si.com. It appears at least one front office guy already prefers Love over Rodgers...

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a conversation about Love last week, a team executive from an NFC team was in awe of how quickly Love has blossomed into a star. Like everyone else, he had doubts about Love when he looked unsure and threw inaccurately through the first half of the season. The second half of the season, however, has been a quarterbacking clinic of throwing with anticipation and accuracy.

The executive predicted Love would be the Packers’ next MVP quarterback. More importantly, he also predicted “at least” two Super Bowls.

“He’s so calm,” the executive said. “Nothing bothers him. Aaron (Rodgers) wanted to win a second Super Bowl so badly that I think he got tight in big games and he didn’t trust anyone but his favorite guys to make a play. I don’t see any of that in Jordan. Not to talk anything away from Aaron, but you’d almost rather have Jordan just playing and not overanalyzing everything. He’s the real deal.”

Pretty interesting excerpt from an article on si.com. It appears at least one front office guy already prefers Love over Rodgers...
I think if every GM who needed a QB could choose between Rodgers or Love, 100% would take Love. I think most who don't need a QB would still take Love and dump their QB.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Too early to tell if Love can win 2 SBs. After Rodgers won in 2011, and before he showed favoritism for certain receivers, we all thought he'd win at least 3 SBs.

And of course everyone would rather have a young rising star QB than a 40 year old QB on the decline coming off an Achilles tear.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's that feature Fox ran on Jordan Love in the flower shop. As has been said, it's a bit of a takeoff on the movie Love Actually - which I've seen before but wasn't that impressed with, and don't remember much of. I do know it's some people's favorite Christmas movie, and I also remember the use of the Beach Boys great classic "God Only Knows" song.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if every GM who needed a QB could choose between Rodgers or Love, 100% would take Love. I think most who don't need a QB would still take Love and dump their QB.

Too early to tell if Love can win 2 SBs. After Rodgers won in 2011, and before he showed favoritism for certain receivers, we all thought he'd win at least 3 SBs.

And of course everyone would rather have a young rising star QB than a 40 year old QB on the decline coming off an Achilles tear.

He's not talking about 24 year old Love vs 40 year old Rodgers or whatever their current ages are.

Because yeah in that scenario you're almost certainly correct. This exec was speaking of all time Love vs all time Rodgers. Predicted 2 SB's for Love meaning at least 1 more than Rodgers. Good point though about how things can change after the first one

Last edited:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love looks like he'll be a very good QB but I question the football acumen behind anyone that says they would 100% take a 24 year old Love over the greatest QB of his generation in a 24-year old Rodgers. Also, winning Super Bowls isn't a QB stat so any analyst that cites Super Bowl wins as an indicator of how great a QB should be is like the idiot coach who says "we win when we run the ball more!"

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love looks like he'll be a very good QB but I question the football acumen behind anyone that says they would 100% take a 24 year old Love over the greatest QB of his generation in a 24-year old Rodgers. Also, winning Super Bowls isn't a QB stat so any analyst that cites Super Bowl wins as an indicator of how great a QB should be is like the idiot coach who says "we win when we run the ball more!"

Hold on a minute, quarterback is absolutely the only positin that an individual win/loss record is paid attention to....Jordan Love is now 1-0 in the playoffs. So is Jayden Reed, Luke Musgrave, and Carrington Valentine but nobody is gonna mention them by name with regards to a win/loss record.

Rodgers is 139-66-1 in the regular season and 12-10 in the playoffs

Love is 9-9 in the regular season and 1-0 in the playoffs

Rodgers is 1-0 in the Super Bowl

Brady is 7-3 in the Super Bowl

Im not sure how thats not a qb stat?

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hold on a minute, quarterback is absolutely the only positin that an individual win/loss record is paid attention to....Jordan Love is now 1-0 in the playoffs. So is Jayden Reed, Luke Musgrave, and Carrington Valentine but nobody is gonna mention them by name with regards to a win/loss record.

QB wins is generally a garbage statistic.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Super Bowls are won by TEAMS. Super Bowl victories as a QB stat are worthless.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Super Bowls are won by TEAMS. Super Bowl victories as a QB stat are worthless.

This. If you just want to judge quarterbacks by super bowl wins, then you're saying Jeff hostetler is better than Dan Marino, Doug Williams and Trent dilfer are just as good as Brett favre and Aaron rodgers, and so on.

Absolutely not worthless, but yes, absolutely not the sole way to judge quarterbacks. And I absolutely never said it was.

However it certainly is a good stat to include as part of the criteria to differentiate between the best. Say Aaron Rodgers vs Tom Brady vs Peyton Manning etc.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love those online Tennis matches.
It’s such a stress reliever for me personally. It’s almost better than unloading on a Psychologist and it’s FREE!! :p
I watched a lot of Dallas this season and I thought they were a more physical defense than the 9ers. How they laid an egg against us is unreal. Niners, on the other hand, are more disciplined. Less penalties. Rarely out of position. Bossa has to draw at least one hold from our line.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So...this is what Bakh was talking about with that, "remember the date post"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240119_073452_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240119_073452_Instagram.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 26

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Niners, on the other hand, are more disciplined. Less penalties. Rarely out of position.
Plus they've had our number for a good while now. I keep telling myself this is a new team now. I just hope MLF has figured out how to handle them.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
A qb has more playoff wins than another team

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plus they've had our number for a good while now. I keep telling myself this is a new team now. I just hope MLF has figured out how to handle them.
Our offense is newer. Enough of our D was there in 2021. But guys like Van Ness will not be thinking of 2021 or before. Just another game, another opponent. That is a good thing.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely not worthless, but yes, absolutely not the sole way to judge quarterbacks. And I absolutely never said it was.

However it certainly is a good stat to include as part of the criteria to differentiate between the best. Say Aaron Rodgers vs Tom Brady vs Peyton Manning etc.
No…unless you’re arguing that Brady was the better defensive coach? Cause the only advantage Brady had was his defense always being elite while the other two had clown college defenses.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember an article a few years ago, I can't remember the writer's name, about the debate between who was better Rogers or Brady. He said if you kept everything exactly the same except have Rogers as the Pats quarterback and Brady as the Packers quarterback, it would be Rogers with six rings and Brady with one. Having a great quarterback is a great leg up to winning super bowls, but this is the ultimate team sport.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No…unless you’re arguing that Brady was the better defensive coach? Cause the only advantage Brady had was his defense always being elite while the other two had clown college defenses.

That argument would work if it was say 3 to 2 or even 4-2 but when the guy has 6 you gotta give him credit too

Members online

Latest posts