The D-Line depth

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was much grumbling and blubbering about Ted taking up so many spots with the defensive line. Well our defense has been clutch all year and was again today with two sacks on a late drive. How incredibly important has it been to rotate and keep those big guys fresh for the fourth quarter?

Thoughts?

Reaction score
Actually credit Kampman, he's a workhorse that never gives anything less than his all.

We've got a solid rotation in at DT, but I'm still worried about our DE rotation. KGB replaced Jenkins, but Jenkins shifts over to DT on passing downs, so he isn't exactly getting a whole lot of rest.

They don't take Kamp off during running or passing situations.

I'd love for us to establish more of a DE rotation, because the last couple of weeks our D hasn't been given adequate rest after getting a stop.

Our DT rotation has been awesome though, keeping guys fresher late into the game.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Actually credit Kampman, he's a workhorse that never gives anything less than his all.

We've got a solid rotation in at DT, but I'm still worried about our DE rotation. KGB replaced Jenkins, but Jenkins shifts over to DT on passing downs, so he isn't exactly getting a whole lot of rest.

I'd love for us to establish more of a DE rotation, because the last couple of weeks our D hasn't been given adequate rest after getting a stop.

Our DT rotation has been awesome though, keeping guys fresher late into the game.

Kampman has showed time and time again he could play 99% of the snaps. He's awesome, and I definitely do give him credit.

KGB has been awesome in his new role. But yes, I think Jenkins does look overworked. If I were running the show, I'd put him in probably 10% less snaps. But maybe Harrell isn't ready for prime time yet? That maybe why. I don't know. I'm not a Packer coach, but that's my guess.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see Harrell has moved up in the past two weeks from being inactive to playing very sparingly.
I have not seen him in action or even heard his name mentioned.

Has anyone seen what he looks like when he is out there on the field? How many snaps has he received?
Is Mike Montgomery injured or is Harrell out preforming him in practice and thus earned a little PT?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see Harrell has moved up in the past two weeks from being inactive to playing very sparingly.

Has anyone seen what he looks like when he is out there on the field? How many snaps has he received?
Is Mike Montgomery injured or is Harrell out preforming him in practice and thus earned a little PT?

I didn't catch whether or not he played today. I don't remember seeing him out there, but he may have played a few downs and I just didn't see him.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I know. we saw him on the sideline yesterday and it didnt seem normal that he wasnt in the game. People around us thought he was hurt.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harrell has replaced Colin Cole cos hes been hurt, i dont think JH has recorded any stats but i havent really keyed in on him when hes in games. As long as he is solid and does his job then thats all we should care about.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

Actually they rotated Kampy out a couple of times with Williams taking his spot at times and Jenkins at others with KGB at the other end.. not alot of plays but enough to spell Kampman for a couple of snaps.. in the third they even showed Aaron on the sideline during one of the rotations.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:

I didn't catch whether or not he played today. I don't remember seeing him out there, but he may have played a few downs and I just didn't see him.

The stats sheets shows one tackle against the Bears.
I had the radio on for a feww minutes yesterday during the 4th Q. I heard them say that Harrell was "in on the tackle" when he assisted Hwak on a play. Nothing else. Nothing like: "He has looked good in the few plays that he has been in for." OR "Harrell really looks over matched out there today."

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
wpr said:

The stats sheets shows one tackle against the Bears.
I had the radio on for a feww minutes yesterday during the 4th Q. I heard them say that Harrell was "in on the tackle" when he assisted Hwak on a play. Nothing else. Nothing like: "He has looked good in the few plays that he has been in for." OR "Harrell really looks over matched out there today."

Harrell had some nice push on a pass play in the Bears game and made a tackle for a loss solo in that game... not many snaps but showed something in the limited plays.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that this D-line depth is a very, very good thing. Does anybody know when Mike Montgomery is coming back from his injury? He must be very close to playing by now. He should give the DE's a boost.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts