The Browns (WR thread)

D

Deleted member 6794

During the first 2 days of the draft we WILL add a solid receiving weapon for Aaron, you can bank on that.

It's probable that several players in the top tier of the Packers draft board will be available at #12 resulting in position of need factoring into the decision.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It doesn't matter which round the Packers drafted wide receivers in last year. MVS had a pretty solid rookie season (sixth in receptions and yards) and EQ came along during the year as well finishing in the top 15 in both categories.

Rodgers can make just about ANY RECEIVER competent. He was able to move the ball in a playoff game with a trio of Abbrederis, Janis and Richard Rodgers and damn near won the game if Shields just holds onto a pick. Even Jarrett Boykin was solid with Rodgers at QB. None of these Green Bay receivers through Rodgers career have gone anywhere else and done anything. So MVS and St Brown are slightly more talented but fall in the same boat with me. Same as Allsion. They played because we had nobody else.

Because Rodgers has been able to make a lot of these guys look alright it has thus further pushed the need of drafting or obtaining premiere weapons on the offensive side of the ball. While they continue to pour gasoline down a gas tank with a huge hole in it on defense the stubborn approach regarding weapons on offense has left us a LOSING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Until people in the front office get that were not going anywhere.

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers can make just about ANY RECEIVER competent. He was able to move the ball in a playoff game with a trio of Abbrederis, Janis and Richard Rodgers and damn near won the game if Shields just holds onto a pick. Even Jarrett Boykin was solid with Rodgers at QB. None of these Green Bay receivers through Rodgers career have gone anywhere else and done anything. So MVS and St Brown are slightly more talented but fall in the same boat with me. Same as Allsion. They played because we had nobody else.

Because Rodgers has been able to make a lot of these guys look alright it has thus further pushed the need of drafting or obtaining premiere weapons on the offensive side of the ball. While they continue to pour gasoline down a gas tank with a huge hole in it on defense the stubborn approach regarding weapons on offense has left us a LOSING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Until people in the front office get that were not going anywhere.

As I've mentioned repeatedly the Packers should improve the receiving corps in this year's draft but they don't automatically need to use a first rounder on the position to make it work.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
As I've mentioned repeatedly the Packers should improve the receiving corps in this year's draft but they don't automatically need to use a first rounder on the position to make it work.

Nowhere have I said AUTOMATICALLY but they need to work the board in there favor. Just sitting and waiting to see what drops to us in round 3 should not be the route taken IMO. They should aggressively attack the board and get the player they LOVE and not hold back. These opportunities don't come around every day.

D

Deleted member 6794

Nowhere have I said AUTOMATICALLY but they need to work the board in there favor. Just sitting and waiting to see what drops to us in round 3 should not be the route taken IMO. They should aggressively attack the board and get the player they LOVE and not hold back. These opportunities don't come around every day.

I'm absolutely convinced the Packers approached the draft that way in the past. It just happened that a wide receiver didn't present the biggest value to them in the early rounds over the past few years.

Reaction score
I'm absolutely convinced the Packers approached the draft that way in the past. It just happened that a wide receiver didn't present the biggest value to them in the early rounds over the past few years.
I do know last year specifically I liked the Josh Jackson pick where we did, even though we haven’t seen much from him yet I was excited to get him there in round 2, I think he’s a late bloomer.
One thing I’m being reminded of again while participating in Dante’s Mock is that those types of situations (talent gets overlooked) present themselves and you don’t pass up a great player to go after a position.
As an example, if Devin Bush was there at #30 and yet we were sniffing a WR, but the best one available is 38th on our big board? We go Bush. Not even a question.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Davante Adams is arguably of the same caliber as peak Dez Bryant, but stylistically they aren't alike at all.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Davante Adams is arguably of the same caliber as peak Dez Bryant, but stylistically they aren't alike at all.

Well that's my projection. It worked out just fine. If you want to nit pick it go right ahead. Most people didn't like the Adams pick and I LOVED IT. Adams has the ability to big body and high point balls similar to Bryant. Back shoulder possibilities. Both lack serious top end speed but can get yards after the catch. To me it was a good comp. Once again I was laughed out of here when I made the assessment back then.

If you guys don't have the CORRECT EYE to see the PROJECTED TALENT CEILING in Campbell then I can't help YA!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Well that's my projection. It worked out just fine. If you want to nit pick it go right ahead. Most people didn't like the Adams pick and I LOVED IT. Adams has the ability to big body and high point balls similar to Bryant. Back shoulder possibilities. Both lack serious top end speed but can get yards after the catch. To me it was a good comp. Once again I was laughed out of here when I made the assessment back then.

If you guys don't have the CORRECT EYE to see the PROJECTED TALENT CEILING in Campbell then I can't help YA!

Who are "people?"

It's not nit picking a comparison to say that it doesn't add up. Adams can make contested catches, but that was basically the selling point of Bryant's game. Adams' true calling cards are his releases and his route running.

Didn't you also comp Courtland Sutton to Julio Jones?

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the PEANUT GALLERY on here laughed as well when I said Adams would be a better version of Dez Bryant after we drafted him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Continue to laugh.

Yes Brandon, you have been right before.

You also said Charles Harris was a double digits sack artist by year two.

If you were as good at projecting as you think you are, you could work in the NFL.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Who are "people?"

It's not nit picking a comparison to say that it doesn't add up. Adams can make contested catches, but that was basically the selling point of Bryant's game. Adams' true calling cards are his releases and his route running.

Didn't you also comp Courtland Sutton to Julio Jones?

I had Courltand Sutton as a TEMPERED comp to Julio Jones without the speed component. I stand behind the Sutton Pick too! If we had Sutton instead of Josh Jackson and J'Mon Moore(which would of gotten him in a trade up) I would be ecstatic and so would EVERYONE ELSE! Instead we sat on our hands.

The Year before we missed on Mixon TOO.

We could have D Adams, C. Sutton, Parris Campbell, J Mixon right now. I'm pretty sure our offense would be in just a tad better situation then all these DAMN RE-TREADS. Instead we have a defense so pathetic we had to drop 200 million on it. The best part is people still want to pump more premium capital into it in this draft. JUNKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I had Courltand Sutton as a TEMPERED comp to Julio Jones without the speed component. I stand behind the Sutton Pick too! If we had Sutton instead of Josh Jackson and J'Mon Moore(which would of gotten him in a trade up) I would be ecstatic and so would EVERYONE ELSE! Instead we sat on our hands.

The Year before we missed on Mixon TOO.

We could have D Adams, C. Sutton, Parris Campbell, J Mixon right now. I'm pretty sure our offense would be in just a tad better situation then all these DAMN RE-TREADS. Instead we have a defense so pathetic we had to drop 200 million on it. The best part is people still want to pump more premium capital into it in this draft. JUNKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You need to calm down.

2. We don't know what Courtland Sutton will become, but he didn't light the world on fire in year one. His catch % was bottom 8 in the league among WR's. His avg. yards of separation at the catch point was bottom 9. All told, he had 120 more yards and 2 more touchdowns than our 5th round pick.

And he isn't anything like Julio, in my opinion. You also were not the only one who liked him. You were just the only one who liked him in the first round. I liked Calvin Ridley a lot more than Sutton, and Ridley has turned out better thus far. Do I get a cookie? Should I be thumping my chest?

3. Everyone and their mom knew the Joe Mixon was a stud on the field. People didn't want him because he decked a ******* video. Some people don't want to root for slime balls that put their hands on women. Crowing about him makes no sense.

and

4. You can osculate between calling people insane if they want a defensive player, and calling for it yourself. That doesn't hold water.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
1. You need to calm down.

2. We don't know what Courtland Sutton will become, but he didn't light the world on fire in year one. His catch % was bottom 8 in the league among WR's. His avg. yards of separation at the catch point was bottom 9. All told, he had 120 more yards and 2 more touchdowns than our 5th round pick.

And he isn't anything like Julio, in my opinion. You also were not the only one who liked him. You were just the only one who liked him in the first round. I liked Calvin Ridley a lot more than Sutton, and Ridley has turned out better thus far. Do I get a cookie? Should I be thumping my chest?

3. Everyone and their mom knew the Joe Mixon was a stud on the field. People didn't want him because he decked a ******* video. Some people don't want to root for slime balls that put their hands on women. Crowing about him makes no sense.

and

4. You can osculate between calling people insane if they want a defensive player, and calling for it yourself. That doesn't hold water.

Ridley wasn't a good fit for us. Go watch his tape at Lambeau. He was a LIABILITY!

Your pick would of screwed us!

DOME PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do I get a cookie? Should I be thumping my chest?
At the very least I think you've earned the use of more CAPS and !!!!!!!!!!!!! in RANDOM PLACES in all of your RESPONSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Real bad news today. Seahawks moved to no.29 which is right in front of us to steal Campbell.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm really at the point where I don't know how much more I can do this. It is just too difficult trying to get people to understand what is real and what isn't. I might have to take a break to refresh as I see no hope for some in seeing the light in certain matters.

I'm trying to say this in the nicest of ways without hurting anyone's feelings as I understand how sensitive a few are.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really at the point where I don't know how much more I can do this. It is just too difficult trying to get people to understand what is real and what isn't. I might have to take a break to refresh as I see no hope for some in seeing the light in certain matters.

I'm trying to say this in the nicest of ways without hurting anyone's feelings as I understand how sensitive a few are.

I think that would be the most kind thing you could do for the sensitive souls here Brandon. Thank you for your great sacrifice.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

It is exhausting trying to convince people that your opinion is factual. That's because it's actually impossible. Because opinions are not facts.

Take a deep breath and discuss prospects. Or go outside and do something else. This is supposed to be fun.

Reaction score
Real bad news today. Seahawks moved to no.29 which is right in front of us to steal Campbell.
Don’t worry bro. Gute meister has got some tricks up the ol’ sleeve. He’s had his foot firmly on the gas pedal since he cut his tie at GM with that first draft and he’s going to hold his cards close until the last minute. He’ll let the rest of them posture for a bit.

He’s not going to go conservative on us, that much you can bank on. Expect some moves around the board and some wheeling and dealing. We’ve got the capital to do it and I think he’s going to move into areas where he has particular players he’s going after. He’s not one to sit on his hands

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

you have been saying this for a few weeks now, STOP TEASING US.

Trying to say what...that you are leaving? Trust me you wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And if they "attack the board" and the player they "love" isn't a WR? Then what? It's almost as if you claim to know the exact player the front office "loves"

I'm more than willing to make a generous donation towards the snack bar during your projected sabbatical. I'll even throw in my Hulu w/ Live TV password.

Latest posts