The Browns (WR thread)

D

Deleted member 6794

If we had Sutton instead of Josh Jackson and J'Mon Moore(which would of gotten him in a trade up) I would be ecstatic and so would EVERYONE ELSE! Instead we sat on our hands.

We could have D Adams, C. Sutton, Parris Campbell, J Mixon right now. I'm pretty sure our offense would be in just a tad better situation then all these DAMN RE-TREADS. Instead we have a defense so pathetic we had to drop 200 million on it. The best part is people still want to pump more premium capital into it in this draft.

The Packers cornerback depth chart would consist of Jaire Alexander, Tony Brown, Natrell Jameson, Will Redmond and Tramon Williams in that case. While the offense might score a ton of points the team wouldn't win any more games as the defense wouldn't be able to stop anybody.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The Packers cornerback depth chart would consist of Jaire Alexander, Tony Brown, Natrell Jameson, Will Redmond and Tramon Williams in that case. While the offense might score a ton of points the team wouldn't win any more games as the defense wouldn't be able to stop anybody.

Kevin King is NEVER GOING to play a full season. How many games did he play the last two season? I would give that pick back immediately. WASTED PICK

Josh Jackson- Has one year of college film and athletic limitations to play press man. WASTED PICK. REACH!

They would of been able to add corner talent later in the draft if other players were selected earlier. The plan to draft DB's over and over and over and over again is one of the biggest failures of any front office ever. The Packers are batting like .100 in this department.

YOU NEVER LEAVE THE GAME IN THE HANDS OF DB'S! This is FOOTBALL 101.

D

Deleted member 6794

Kevin King is NEVER GOING to play a full season. How many games did he play the last two season? I would give that pick back immediately. WASTED PICK

Josh Jackson- Has one year of college film and athletic limitations to play press man. WASTED PICK. REACH!

They would of been able to add corner talent later in the draft if other players were selected earlier. The plan to draft DB's over and over and over and over again is one of the biggest failures of any front office ever. The Packers are batting like .100 in this department.

It's true that neither King nor Jackson have lived up to their draft position so far. It's too early to give up on either of them though.

That doesn't change the fact that the Packers would be in dire need of an upgrade at the cornerback position if they had decided to pass on those players. It's unrealistic to expect that late rounders would have been able to adequately improve the unit.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It's true that neither King nor Jackson have lived up to their draft position so far. It's too early to give up on either of them though.

That doesn't change the fact that the Packers would be in dire need of an upgrade at the cornerback position if they had decided to pass on those players. It's unrealistic to expect that late rounders would have been able to adequately improve the unit.

IT'S THE PEOPLE DRAFTING.

The Seahawks haven't drafted any DB's in the 1st or 2nd round other then Earl Thomas and there ALWAYS BETTER THEN US ON THE BACK END.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Seahawks haven't drafted any DB's in the 1st or 2nd round other then Earl Thomas and there ALWAYS BETTER THEN US ON THE BACK END.

Is there any reason you completely ignore that Earl Thomas was the driving force behind the Legion of Boom being that successful???

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Is there any reason you completely ignore that Earl Thomas was the driving force behind the Legion of Boom being that successful???

They have been drafting corners in mid-late rounds for years. They have two good ones now with a 3rd and 5th round pick.

Also, Kam Chancellor 5th Round!

The fact remains that the Packers have been OVERDRAFTING DEFENSE FOR YEARS and all that anyone can come up with is a bunch of LAME EXCUSES WHY. Were a losing team with Aaron Rodgers. I don't know how much worse it can get then that.

#FAILURE

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Seattle was ever called in the back like the league called against Ahmad Carrol they'd never won a thing. It's like Seattle had the perfect plan. Commit so many presnap penalties in the form of offsides and false starts who Pete would complain about every single week, the refs had to back off their calls in the secondary so it didn't appear to become so lobsided with officiating. Those guys were allowed to get away with murder compared to the rest of the league. Richard Sherman used to tackle guys back there, with the ball in the air and rarely draw a flag.

D

Deleted member 6794

They have been drafting corners in mid-late rounds for years. They have two good ones now with a 3rd and 5th round pick.

The fact remains that the Packers have been OVERDRAFTING DEFENSE FOR YEARS and all that anyone can come up with is a bunch of LAME EXCUSES WHY. Were a losing team with Aaron Rodgers. I don't know how much worse it can get then that.

#FAILURE

There's no doubt the Packers have done a poor job of addressing the secondary. That doesn't change the fact that the unit would be in dire need of an upgrade if they had selected offensive players instead of King and Jackson though.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If Seattle was ever called in the back like the league called against Ahmad Carrol they'd never won a thing. It's like Seattle had the perfect plan. Commit so many presnap penalties in the form of offsides and false starts who Pete would complain about every single week, the refs had to back off their calls in the secondary so it didn't appear to become so lobsided with officiating. Those guys were allowed to get away with murder compared to the rest of the league. Richard Sherman used to tackle guys back there, with the ball in the air and rarely draw a flag.

I do agree with this assessment that they got away with a lot in the secondary. However, they have been pretty darn good at getting players later in the draft that can do what they ask them to do and coaching them to that.

The Packers need this type of vision when getting players to fit what our coaching plan is.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They got a lot of players all over in the draft. Most of their drafts have been defensive heavy going back 10 years and the majority of their offensive picks seem to have been offensive lineman and thats been their weakness going back a while. We all have our issues. GB isn't unique.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

#FAILURE

Who are the good ones? Because Shaquill Griffin was awful last year. Tre Flowers is just ok. If he's good, then so are Kevin King and Josh Jackson.

Seattle lost ET, and they have basically no pass rush now. We'll see how well their late round CB's work for them this year. Pass rush is king, and we finally got some.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something people seem to overlook is specific draft talent to the year.

For example, last year's CB class was very strong. This year's CB class is fairly weak, comparatively. So it was an obvious need, and it made sense to address it with the prior draft rather than this one.

This year's draft is strong on OL, next year's isn't. Expect to draft OL this year.

This year's draft has quality WR's, but no top tier WR's. Next year's draft has a buttload of top tier WR's. It would make sense to use a 2nd/3rd day pick this year bc of the depth of the position, and a 1st day pick next year. And don't think teams don't know that.

That's why we signed edges in FA...the draft does not look great there this year at the top. Lot of question marks.

Gute obviously wants to improve at WR. He went after Robinson and Watkins last year. So just trust the plan.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Who are the good ones? Because Shaquill Griffin was awful last year. Tre Flowers is just ok. If he's good, then so are Kevin King and Josh Jackson.

Seattle lost ET, and they have basically no pass rush now. We'll see how well their late round CB's work for them this year. Pass rush is king, and we finally got some.

We have OVERDRAFTED THE SECONDARY like no tomorrow. You can spin it anyway you want.

Bottom Line is we have not gotten out of it proportional to what we have dumped into it.

Our overall draft grade over the last five years in that department is an "F"

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have OVERDRAFTED THE SECONDARY like no tomorrow. You can spin it anyway you want.

Bottom Line is we have not gotten out of it proportional to what we have dumped into it.

Our overall draft grade over the last five years in that department is an "F"

Once again, you aren't responding to what I actually posted. Try again. :)

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Which one of the Seattle CB's played well last year?

Trey Flowers was a steal in the 5th. Very good looking young corner. I would rather have him then King because I have zero faith King can stay healty.

Shaq Griffin was battling injuries most of the year and looked miserable against Dallas in playoffs but he is better then that.

Both are GREAT VALUE for where they were drafted. If we swapped corners with the Seahawks it would probably be a PUSH at this point.

Alexander is great and we finally hit on one but other then that it has been a disaster for us. That goes for drafting the safety position as well. If you clump Burks into it then it becomes a NIGHTMARE!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are a trip. Don’t take life so seriously, it’s not like anyone will care in 75 years! :eek:

I will most likely be dead but I have it written in my will that if my grand kids want to receive any of their inheritance they will have to care. If they don't the money will go to my parrot and my tortoise. i did this specifically so someone will care.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Corner is a much more important position in our defense that it is in Seattle's due to scheme.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trey Flowers was a steal in the 5th. Very good looking young corner. I would rather have him then King because I have zero faith King can stay healty.

Shaq Griffin was battling injuries most of the year and looked miserable against Dallas in playoffs but he is better then that.

Both are GREAT VALUE for where they were drafted. If we swapped corners with the Seahawks it would probably be a PUSH at this point.

Alexander is great and we finally hit on one but other then that it has been a disaster for us. That goes for drafting the safety position as well. If you clump Burks into it then it becomes a NIGHTMARE!

Flowers was average at best, and Griffin was awful last year.

Reaction score
I will most likely be dead but I have it written in my will that if my grand kids want to receive any of their inheritance they will have to care. If they don't the money will go to my parrot and my tortoise. i did this specifically so someone will care.
Most likely? you mean in 75 years.. Whatya 6 yrs old? :roflmao:

That’s gonna be one happy Pair of pets!
And old too :whistling:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Most of their drafts have been defensive heavy going back 10 years and the majority of their offensive picks seem to have been offensive lineman and thats been their weakness going back a while. We all have our issues. GB isn't unique.

FYI the Packers have drafted 14 offensive linemen, 13 wide receivers, eight running backs, five tight ends, two quarterbacks and a fullback on offense over the past 10 drafts.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most likely? you mean in 75 years.. Whatya 6 yrs old? :roflmao:

That’s gonna be one happy Pair of pets!
And old too :whistling:

They may find a cure for whatever is going to kill me and I might live forever

I'm not too sure how happy they will be. You haven't seen my net worth. In fact my grand kids might just make it a point to not care so they don't have to get their inheritance. A lot of banks don't take large amounts of loose change any more.

Members online