The Beer Sport

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hating a football team from a city is totally acceptable. Making derogatory remarks about the city I was brought up in isn`t. Especially if you`ve never been, that is way out of order. Typical negative stereotyping. If after you`ve visited there you don`t like it, that`s fine, but if you`ve never been there, keep those comments to yourself, they are extremely offensive !!. My family still live there.

Relax mate. The smiley's are there to indicate this was just jesting in sports rivalries. Nothing to be taken seriously. Honestly, I've heard worse from City/Liverpool fans.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on guys, I thought it's just a little banter going on here. :cautious::eek:
But I better stay out of it and looking forward to another trip to Manchester and being in Liverpool for the first
time. ;)

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Come on guys, I thought it's just a little banter going on here. :cautious::eek:
But I better stay out of it and looking forward to another trip to Manchester and being in Liverpool for the first
time. ;)

Be sure to drive on the right side of the road. ;)

I hope you find some decent beers there but I have my doubts. Try some ciders and see how they are.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I hope you find some decent beers there but I have my doubts. Try some ciders and see how they are.

Our beer is fine Bundes. I`d recommend a pub called the "Philharmonic" near the cathederals. It`s a listed building and the inside is fantastic. Even the gents toilets are worth seeing, with permission of the staff. Only the ladies need permission, not the men of course.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I`m seen as the bad guy here, so be it.

Having posted in both United and Liverpool forums, I took the rivalries between the places (not just the teams) for granted. (E.g. Stretford vs Stockport) It was purely from a sporting rivalry ... emphasized by the smiley.

Not my intention to offend anyone and I've deleted that post. No need for anyone to be a bad guy.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our beer is fine Bundes. I`d recommend a pub called the "Philharmonic" near the cathederals. It`s a listed building and the inside is fantastic. Even the gents toilets are worth seeing, with permission of the staff. Only the ladies need permission, not the men of course.
Yepp, this pub is on my list of "must see" places, Bill. Looks very interesting, I certainly will go there for a pint.
I read that he Baltic Fleet is also highly recommended as it's Liverpools only brewpub. As it's close to Albert Dock I'll certainly will stop there for a short visit.
In Manchester the Marble Arch will be the pub to visit for me again. Great food and beers, the pub itself is very beautiful with a nice decor inside and a sloping floor !

I

Yepp, this pub is on my list of "must see" places, Bill. Looks very interesting, I certainly will go there for a pint.
I read that he Baltic Fleet is also highly recommended as it's Liverpools only brewpub. As it's close to Albert Dock I'll certainly will stop there for a short visit.
In Manchester the Marble Arch will be the pub to visit for me again. Great food and beers, the pub itself is very beautiful with a nice decor inside and a sloping floor !

Enjoy your visit.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm going there by plane and train and as long as the train drivers are using the right side of the track I should be fine ;):D
Regarding beers - there are many Craft Beer Pubs in Liverpool and Manchester and I also love to have a "Real Ale" from time to time. I certainly won't die of thirst :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Taking time out to visit Scotland/Ireland too?
Not this time. It's only a long weekend as I am taking the opportunity to visit my wife while she is working in Manchester this week and flying back home with her on Sunday.
But indeed Scotland and Ireland are on the list for next year in May and September. Just haven't decided what to visit in May and what in September. Have been to Scotland several times but never been in Ireland before, except Belfast.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

Good to know. I haven't seen any bottled beers from Liverpool or Manchester so I assumed there wasn't much local beer there.

I

Good to know. I haven't seen any bottled beers from Liverpool or Manchester so I assumed there wasn't much local beer there.

Not so sure about the bottled situation, but as Nessie said, micro breweries are sprouting up all over the place.

I

We`ve sorted it in private, but I`d like to publically apologise to XPack for my touchy reaction. I apologise to you all for making the atmosphere bad for a while.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Lets all be calm and have some wonderful beers or spirits. Or in my case tonight.... more Gluehbier and Gluehwein.

Cheers! Prost!

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Not so sure about the bottled situation, but as Nessie said, micro breweries are sprouting up all over the place.

Then I guess the only way to taste them is to go there. I hope they have some microbrews with the citrus hop flavor. ;);)

Members online

Latest posts