The Beer Sport

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Do you remember the name of the Brewery that made the bock? Or the name of the beer. I drink a lot of American Bocks. And why would I not... it's the mascot of my favorite Bundesliga team.

No mate, but it had a brown label with BBQ on it, and a dubious looking picture of the brewer I think ;).

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
We did thanks Nessie...;). We flew via Frankfurt. Jeez, that place is big !! :eek: I don`t know what the problem was about the beer brewing, possibly the water, who knows ? All I know is the local beer was lager and Pale ale where we stayed, and although the Pale ale was palatable, the lager was awful. Maybe because I`m not a lager drinker normally ?
I had a really nice Bock in Frankfurt which was actually American.
Yeah, Frankfurt is big, always hated to fly from Frankfurt. They have such a long taxi in Frankfurt, more than once I thought if they are going to drive us to our destination instead of flying :rolleyes: But Heathrow isnt any better. So you changed planes in Frankfurt ? Did you fly Germanwings or Lufthansa ? Instead of the Bock you should have tried the Frankfurt version of Cider, "Appelwoi" (apple-wine) :D You certainly would have got it at the airport.
Regarding the Maltese beer, might be the water but to me more likely is what you said about not being a lager drinker. Compared to Pale ales or especially Stouts or IPA's most lager are rather tasteless in my opinion.
However, you seemed to have enjoyed your trip anyway. Are there many Brits travelling to Malta ?

I

Yeah, Frankfurt is big, always hated to fly from Frankfurt. They have such a long taxi in Frankfurt, more than once I thought if they are going to drive us to our destination instead of flying :rolleyes: But Heathrow isnt any better. So you changed planes in Frankfurt ? Did you fly Germanwings or Lufthansa ? Instead of the Bock you should have tried the Frankfurt version of Cider, "Appelwoi" (apple-wine) :D You certainly would have got it at the airport.
Regarding the Maltese beer, might be the water but to me more likely is what you said about not being a lager drinker. Compared to Pale ales or especially Stouts or IPA's most lager are rather tasteless in my opinion.
However, you seemed to have enjoyed your trip anyway. Are there many Brits travelling to Malta ?

Loads of Brits go to Malta every year, old folks like me ;). Malta has a fantastic history if you like that kind of thing, and beautiful old buildings and fine eateries. It gets kind of hot in July and August, but the temp is a bearable 30 in June.
Better than Llandudno...;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Loads of Brits go to Malta every year, old folks like me ;). Malta has a fantastic history if you like that kind of thing, and beautiful old buildings and fine eateries. It gets kind of hot in July and August, but the temp is a bearable 30 in June.
Better than Llandudno...;)
Sounds interesting and the weather might be better but I love Llandudno :D
Btw - "your" queen is visiting Germany and she makes the headlines since she arrived. Doesn't matter if you are reading newspapers or watching TV, she is everywhere :eek::D

I

Btw - "your" queen is visiting Germany and she makes the headlines since she arrived. Doesn't matter if you are reading newspapers or watching TV, she is everywhere :eek::D

My Queen ??? :roflmao: You`ve got to love the old girl....lol

I

I just thought.....They drive on the wrong side of the road for you in Malta, and you know how fussy you get ??? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just thought.....They drive on the wrong side of the road for you in Malta, and you know how fussy you get ??? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
In Malta too ? :eek: Just crossed it off from my list of possible vacation destinations :D
On my next, two week trip to UK in September I'll take my own car :p:D
At least the steering wheel will be where it belongs, just have to manage all the wrong-way drivers over there. And there are many....:cautious:

I

In Malta too ? :eek: Just crossed it off from my list of possible vacation destinations :D
On my next, two week trip to UK in September I'll take my own car :p:D
At least the steering wheel will be where it belongs, just have to manage all the wrong-way drivers over there. And there are many....:cautious:

You wouldn`t want to drive in Malta. They are all maniacs :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lufthansa ;). Germanwings are not a favourite of mine anyway.
Well, thats the same company as you certainly know. Lufthansa only flies a few, selected routes in Europe and Germany, all other routes where handed over to their daughter company Germanwings. I don't like LH too to be honest.

I

Well, thats the same company as you certainly know. Lufthansa only flies a few, selected routes in Europe and Germany, all other routes where handed over to their daughter company Germanwings. I don't like LH too to be honest.

The blonde stewardesses are very pretty though :D

I

Lufthansa has pretty stewardesses :eek: Thats new ! :D

I hope you are not insulting those beautiful young women ??? I was hopelessly in love with three of them much to the disgust and amusement of my wife :laugh:. I even asked if we could adopt one :D

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I hope you are not insulting those beautiful young women ??? I was hopelessly in love with three of them much to the disgust and amusement of my wife :laugh:. I even asked if we could adopt one :D

Yeah... adopt one for me! Or I'll just find one of my own soon enough. :D:p

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I"ve often commented that U.S. Becks does not taste like Becks in Germany. Anyone who has been to Germany can taste the difference. I don't know what they do differently but it isn't the same over here.
Yeah but thats the same with Coke too, or many other foods or drinks although for example Coke insists that it is the same recipe. I dont believe them. :ninja:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would take about three gallons for me. Nasty stuff. Of course, the only time I tried Marmite it tasted like something that came back up after drinking 3 gallons of beer.....:sick:
Whats wrong with you guys, you are all wimps. :laugh:
And why does a German need to defend a typical and traditional British food
product. :cautious:
What has become of this world......:rolleyes::laugh:

Members online

Latest posts