The Beer Sport

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why the heck an Austrian ? They cant play football and I never heard of a decent beer from Austria. :cautious::D
But I must admit - Austrian food is outstanding good......:tup:

Ocwirk, Sindelar, Krankl, Bican...None popular, but they did have quite a few all time greats in decades past!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really recommend the Marble Arch in Manchester, beer and food are great
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

The Earl Grey IPA, my wife had PINT, a bitter, and now I just finished Chocolate, a very good porter. :)

Avoid the Boddingtons bitter. It`s like brown paper soaked in water and then filtered :sick:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
My youngest son and I just picked up a case of 30 Genesee Cream Ales for 10 bucks today. I haven't had Genny Cream Ale since I was a teenager!

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
My youngest son and I just picked up a case of 30 Genesee Cream Ales for 10 bucks today. I haven't had Genny Cream Ale since I was a teenager!

Seen a lot of Genny Cream Ale cases here too recently. I guess they are trying to make a comeback.

I

Maltese beer........What can I say ??

Ciske lager........:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:
Skol lager.........:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:
Hopleaf pale ale.....not too bad as it was cold and wet.

Beer was so bad, I drank wine all week, and Maltese wine certainly isn`t the best.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Skol lager.........:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

Beer was so bad, I drank wine all week, and Maltese wine certainly isn`t the best.

Hope you had a good holiday in spite of the bad drinks! Maltese wine? Don't they get any imports? They are mighty close to Italy aren't they?

I

Hope you had a good holiday in spite of the bad drinks! Maltese wine? Don't they get any imports? They are mighty close to Italy aren't they?

They do, but it costs. Being fair to them the wine wasn`t too bad ;). The beer though was NOT good, a very weak lager with little or no taste. I did have a very tasty Bock in Frankfurt airport which strangely was American.
Good to see you haven`t been booted off in my absence....lol

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
They do, but it costs. Being fair to them the wine wasn`t too bad ;). The beer though was NOT good, a very weak lager with little or no taste. I did have a very tasty Bock in Frankfurt airport which strangely was American.
Good to see you haven`t been booted off in my absence....lol

Dog gone it, I tried! But I guess even when I'm naughty the mods fall for my boyish charm. :D

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

Well that sucks.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ah, you're back Bill ;)
Hope you had a great vacation, never been to Malta.:tup:
I thought Malta was a British colony ?You guys did not manage to show them hot to brew a decent beer ? :cautious:
Strange....:D

I

Ah, you're back Bill ;)
Hope you had a great vacation, never been to Malta.:tup:
I thought Malta was a British colony ?You guys did not manage to show them hot to brew a decent beer ? :cautious:
Strange....:D

We did thanks Nessie...;). We flew via Frankfurt. Jeez, that place is big !! :eek: I don`t know what the problem was about the beer brewing, possibly the water, who knows ? All I know is the local beer was lager and Pale ale where we stayed, and although the Pale ale was palatable, the lager was awful. Maybe because I`m not a lager drinker normally ?
I had a really nice Bock in Frankfurt which was actually American.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
We did thanks Nessie...;). We flew via Frankfurt. Jeez, that place is big !! :eek: I don`t know what the problem was about the beer brewing, possibly the water, who knows ? All I know is the local beer was lager and Pale ale where we stayed, and although the Pale ale was palatable, the lager was awful. Maybe because I`m not a lager drinker normally ?
I had a really nice Bock in Frankfurt which was actually American.

Do you remember the name of the Brewery that made the bock? Or the name of the beer. I drink a lot of American Bocks. And why would I not... it's the mascot of my favorite Bundesliga team.