The Beer Sport

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I went for a meal last night at a Brazilian restaurant in Chester last night. I`ve never had Brazilian food before, and the food was awesome. I`m not a lager fan usually, but found myself drinking the Brazilian beer BRAHMA which was surprisingly very palatable indeed. It hasn`t converted me away from my ales, but I would certainly try it again sometime.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I went for a meal last night at a Brazilian restaurant in Chester last night. I`ve never had Brazilian food before, and the food was awesome. I`m not a lager fan usually, but found myself drinking the Brazilian beer BRAHMA which was surprisingly very palatable indeed. It hasn`t converted me away from my ales, but I would certainly try it again sometime.

Brazilian food is awesome! And Brahma isn't bad, not great, but definitely not bad.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never been to a Brazilian restaurant before although we have one here in Hamburg. The only thing I heard about it is that they are serving a lot of beef and the waiters are going from table to table with their beef skewers.
However, I wanted to ask you if Chester is worth a short stop ? I'll fly to Manchester in June and thought I could add Liverpool to the itinerary but that doesnt work out for some reasons. I will now only stay the first night in Manchester to visit again one of the best pubs I've ever been to (Marble Arch !) and will get us a car to drive to Llandudno the next morning to spend two nights there. On the way is Chester and I read some nice things about the old town. What is your opinion Bill, should my wife and I stop there for a couple hours ? Think there is nothing else to see on our way down to Llandudno ?

I

Never been to a Brazilian restaurant before although we have one here in Hamburg. The only thing I heard about it is that they are serving a lot of beef and the waiters are going from table to table with their beef skewers.
However, I wanted to ask you if Chester is worth a short stop ? I'll fly to Manchester in June and thought I could add Liverpool to the itinerary but that doesnt work out for some reasons. I will now only stay the first night in Manchester to visit again one of the best pubs I've ever been to (Marble Arch !) and will get us a car to drive to Llandudno the next morning to spend two nights there. On the way is Chester and I read some nice things about the old town. What is your opinion Bill, should my wife and I stop there for a couple hours ? Think there is nothing else to see on our way down to Llandudno ?

Chester is well worth a visit, but if you want a fantastic pub mate, the PHILHARMONIC in Liverpool is an awesome pub to visit. It`s a listed building and the architecture is one of its greatest features. You would be better having an overnight stop in Chester to enjoy it fully.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chester is well worth a visit, but if you want a fantastic pub mate, the PHILHARMONIC in Liverpool is an awesome pub to visit. It`s a listed building and the architecture is one of its greatest features. You would be better having an overnight stop in Chester to enjoy it fully.
Wow, thanks, I've searched the web for some pictures and from now on The Philharmonic is on my list of things to do and see in Liverpool. :tup:

I

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Settled on this one Bunds ;)

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
^ Hey!!! That sounds delicious. I had an Imperial Stout last night. I didn't need it after 3 IPA's, but I drank one anyways.

Bromsgrove... is that anywhere near you? Any idea what other beer styles they make?

I

^ Hey!!! That sounds delicious. I had an Imperial Stout last night. I didn't need it after 3 IPA's, but I drank one anyways.

Bromsgrove... is that anywhere near you? Any idea what other beer styles they make?

It`s a microbrewery about 3 miles away from me. They make about 9 different styles of beers there, this is one of their better ones. I`m not sure what hops they use in their process but most of the beers they make have that "grapefruit" taste to them which I`m not too fond of :cautious:

I

Strangely the stout was fermented in the bottle (sediment), and went flat very quickly. Tasty though

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
It`s a microbrewery about 3 miles away from me. They make about 9 different styles of beers there, this is one of their better ones. I`m not sure what hops they use in their process but most of the beers they make have that "grapefruit" taste to them which I`m not too fond of :cautious:

Found their website. Skull duggery... nice name for a beer!

I

I`m trying Cider with blood orange at the moment...........Mmmmmm, NOT SURE JUST YET !

I

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I`ve realised my interest in alcohol is taking over my life....lol.

Wife and I are preparing for the Eurovision Song Contest :laugh::roflmao:

Staff online

Members online