The Beer Sport

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Urgh. I avoid flavoured beers.

Last time I had them was in a beerfest in Singapore. They were offering free 3 beers along with entrance ticket. Turned out to be Pear, Strawberry and Lychee beers *puke*, the cheating bastards!

Never again.

And flavoured beer / curry is just an advert. Nobody even in India or UK goes for that kinda things. Just saying random stuff to get people to try, imo.

Let me know how it was if you find it.

Yeah, I'm not real fond of flavored beers either. Give it to me straight. Guinness Stout all the way.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand where you are coming from on this thing, but I`ve tasted strawberry and Peach beers, and the Belgian cherry beer and found them quite refreshing. Not a beer to drink all night, but worth a go IMO.
Regarding the beer/curry debate, it was only a recommendation by the guy on the U-tube clip, something different from the usual lager type beers usually served in Indian resturants. I`d also add I`m not a fan of these ales which seem to use grapefruit in the brewing just lately, but if you don`t try them, you`ll never know if you like them :tup:

Fair enough. Most things are worth a try.

I remember, Bacardi Breezers were quite popular amongst women when I was in India. Tried it and let the girls have it all. Not bad, but just my type, I guess.

Nowadays I find I've moved away from even weissbier. Used to like Erdinger, Hoegaarden (still do), but now favour the dunkel's more.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I remember, Bacardi Breezers were quite popular amongst women when I was in India. Tried it and let the girls have it all. Not bad, but just my type, I guess.

Nowadays I find I've moved away from even weissbier. Used to like Erdinger, Hoegaarden (still do), but now favour the dunkel's more.

I`m in agreement with you on this, but I like to try the beers to make sure its not for me. I`m definitely not a fan of Hoegaarden. I definitely don`t like the Bacardi breezer style drinks. I think they`ve created problems here with the kids.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

I'm big on drinking Dunkles and Schwarzbiers. Damn tasty.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks indeed ! ;)
I always find reviews like that somehow funny because I rarely taste that many and diverse flavours that they are describing. Same with whisky or wine, must be me....:cautious::rolleyes::D
I quite agree with you there Nessie, especially on the whisky front, i'm reading through a whisky book now and never seem to taste all the different flavours it describes(if any :))

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I`m in agreement with you on this, but I like to try the beers to make sure its not for me. I`m definitely not a fan of Hoegaarden. I definitely don`t like the Bacardi breezer style drinks. I think they`ve created problems here with the kids.
I blame the parents, my six year old loves a pear cider

I

I quite agree with you there Nessie, especially on the whisky front, i'm reading through a whisky book now and never seem to taste all the different flavours it describes(if any :))

Philistine.....lol

I

My supplier didn`t have that Cardamon beer in stock, but said he would try and get some for me. He is Indian, and didn`t think the beer would that good with Asian food.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philistine.....lol
:D

Thanks indeed ! ;)
I always find reviews like that somehow funny because I rarely taste that many and diverse flavours that they are describing. Same with whisky or wine, must be me....:cautious::rolleyes::D

It's all hogwash.

My company once organized a 'wine appreciation' class where we had a guy from a Italian vineyard teaching us different types of wine, how to drink them, how the pair them with the right food etc. Since it was almost a free class and had free drinks (taste appreciation purposes only :sneaky:) me and mate were one of the first 'volunteers'.

Had a bit of theory and after than had 6 glasses of wine before us, which we needed to taste and identify the flavours. We were totally lost for first two glasses but the others were very involved with comments on this fruit and that cask all over. Not wanting to feel left out, we decided to make stuff up and started with comments like "Yeah, this has aged well" "It really is a clear wine" "I can taste cinnamons" or tobacco or whatever fruit comes to your mind, nobody will dispute you....

...and we drank happily ever after!

If you guys aren't aware here's a short cheat course on becoming a instant wine connoisseur.

1) If you are unsure, ask waiter for recommendations. Don't EVER "bring me the most expensive wine you have" Bad manners and it's probably bankrupt you. Pretend to know and choose whatever name he says that is most easier to repeat. Usually "I'll take the Merlot" will suffice.
2) Look at the bottle, just say out the vintage year out loud "Ah, a 1975" Who knows what it means.
3) Life the glass by the stem, let waiter pour a little bit. Life it to eye level and pretend to look at colour. Make comments like "it's quite clear" or "it's cloudy" or simply "nice color"
4) Take a sip, slosh it around your mouth for a few seconds, give it a pause and then swallow it. Make an hmmm with appreciative head nod. Dish out comments like "Nice, a hint of tobacco, huh? brilliant" Google up a list of wine fruits and use interchangeably.
5) Pretend to be classy. Never gulp. Never drain the glass in one go. Never put ice or mix with organe juice or cola :eek: It's all presentation and not much content.

Congrats, you are a connoisseur now!

I

It's all hogwash.

My company once organized a 'wine appreciation' class where we had a guy from a Italian vineyard teaching us different types of2 wine, how to drink them, how the pair them with the right food etc. Since it was almost a free class and had free drinks (taste appreciation purposes only :sneaky:) me and mate were one of the first 'volunteers'.

Had a bit of theory and after than had 6 glasses of wine before us, which we needed to taste and identify the flavours. We were totally lost for first two glasses but the others were very involved with comments on this fruit and that cask all over. Not wanting to feel left out, we decided to make stuff up and started with comments like "Yeah, this has aged well" "It really is a clear wine" "I can taste cinnamons" or tobacco or whatever fruit comes to your mind, nobody will dispute you....

...and we drank happily ever after!

If you guys aren't aware here's a short cheat course on becoming a instant wine connoisseur.

1) If you are unsure, ask waiter for recommendations. Don't EVER "bring me the most expensive wine you have" Bad manners and it's probably bankrupt you. Pretend to know and choose whatever name he says that is most easier to repeat. Usually "I'll take the Merlot" will suffice.
2) Look at the bottle, just say out the vintage year out loud "Ah, a 1975" Who knows what it means.
3) Life the glass by the stem, let waiter pour a little bit. Life it to eye level and pretend to look at colour. Make comments like "it's quite clear" or "it's cloudy" or simply "nice color"
4) Take a sip, slosh it around your mouth for a few seconds, give it a pause and then swallow it. Make an hmmm with appreciative head nod. Dish out comments like "Nice, a hint of tobacco, huh? brilliant" Google up a list of wine fruits and use interchangeably.
5) Pretend to be classy. Never gulp. Never drain the glass in one go. Never put ice or mix with organe juice or cola :eek: It's all presentation and not much content.

Congrats, you are a connoisseur now!

:oops: "Cola in wine"NEVER ????? OOOOOPS !

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
My supplier didn`t have that Cardamon beer in stock, but said he would try and get some for me. He is Indian, and didn`t think the beer would that good with Asian food.
Hmmmm, dang.....please keep us up to date Bill. Really interested in reading your review on this Cardamon beer ;)

I

Does that mean you think I'm like a buny boiling, 100% whack job? :mad: Why I oughter....

I don`t think anything ;), just observing your comments about Germans and the British or more precisely the English...lol
Do me a favour and PM me please Croak :tup:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I don`t think anything ;), just observing your comments about Germans and the British or more precisely the English...lol

Just telling it like it is. :whistling: Everybody who's anybody knows that the Marienplatz is built on the site of the original garden of Eden. You guys are all just jealous. :laugh:

I

Just telling it like it is. :whistling: Everybody who's anybody knows that the Marienplatz is built on the site of the original garden of Eden. You guys are all just jealous. :laugh:

Nessie ?? The floor is yours my friend :D

I

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Very tasty

Members online

Latest posts