The Aaron Jones 2021 FA thread.

Should the Packers extend Aaron Jones (est. ~11M/season)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read that they offered him some kind of deal that would pay him 12.7 million a year and he turned it down.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That seems to track with what went before. No surprise, but even more than obscene money, I cringe at the guarantees. As mentioned above, he might be offered $10 mil/year, in which case making it through a year gives him more than any handful of us over our lifetimes. However, he wants the 2nd and 3rd years up front, too, meaning all he has to do is show up for work to get that extra $20 mil? I understand that 'everyone else is doing it', and football is actually somewhat less absurd than the other major sports, but it still sticks in my craw. OK, back to your regularly scheduled program. :)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard since he turned it down we've offered the same deal to MVS to lock him up....

(sit back and watch heads explode)

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don’t think that’s really fair, tbh. I get what Poker is saying, I just don’t agree, and I explained why in a reasonable fashion. I don’t think how Turner has played has changed the necessity of having a true island at LT. It is similar to how when the offense scored 30+ for several games without Davante Adams. It’s just far too short of a sample to extrapolate like that.

If you think this is my blinding arrogance talking, please tell me so. I think I sound pretty reasonable here, but I’m willing to hear otherwise. I LIKE discussion. I LIKE differing views. I’m not here for an echo chamber, or a verbal circle jerk, if I may be uncouth. I call out all sorts of “hot takes”. I’ve had mine called out! I can 100% say that I have no vendetta against any poster. 95% of the time I don’t even look at who the poster is before responding.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOP 5 means above 12M a year...YIKES.

I'm sorry, but if this is true and Aaron said no to a guaranteed contender, one of the hottest coaches right now and 3 bonafide HoFers on the offensive side of the ball he is an idiot.

At that point what are you gaining going elsewhere? I mean what is a couple more million truly worth if it is a garbage team or such like when Bell went to the Jets.

Maybe he wants to be the man, instead of platooning in a 3 RB system and only getting 14 carries per game.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe he wants to be the man, instead of platooning in a 3 RB system and only getting 14 carries per game.

No chance, because him, his agent, Gute, the guy that sells hot dogs on the corner by the stadium all understand and know the fiscal restraints aren't going to allow both Jones and Williams to be resigned.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No chance, because him, his agent, Gute, the guy that sells hot dogs on the corner by the stadium all understand and know the fiscal restraints aren't going to allow both Jones and Williams to be resigned.

Dillon would probably get the carries from losing Williams, so Jones' carries may still not go up next season if he stayed.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it comes down to him or lindsey

That guy is the best..THE BEST center in the nfl
i pretty much think they're both gone. replacements for them are already on the roster. i hate it but i'll be very surprised if either one is kept.
the rosenhaus (sp) hire by jones nailed it i closed i think. it's about the money with him. not an ego "want to be the man" thing. he's already RB1. in a perfect fans world he'd be RB1 and dillon would be RB2 letting williams go. ain't happenin'. they have dillion, could sign a vet RB, and then pick up one in the draft. that would be the cheapest way to go.

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like any RB should, he wants the guaranteed money.

Big yearly average with a low amount of guaranteed money is basically a one or two year deal. He wants a little more security, and rightfully so.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

If you think this is my blinding arrogance talking, please tell me so. I think I sound pretty reasonable here, but I’m willing to hear otherwise. I LIKE discussion. I LIKE differing views. I’m not here for an echo chamber, or a verbal circle jerk, if I may be uncouth. I call out all sorts of “hot takes”. I’ve had mine called out! I can 100% say that I have no vendetta against any poster. 95% of the time I don’t even look at who the poster is before responding.

Why do you keep beating this drum ? It`s not going to change anything and as a mod, you have to set an example. I have no personal issue with you, even if you think I have, but you`re like a dog with a bone. It is what it is. Let it go !

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
i pretty much think they're both gone. replacements for them are already on the roster. i hate it but i'll be very surprised if either one is kept.
the rosenhaus (sp) hire by jones nailed it i closed i think. it's about the money with him. not an ego "want to be the man" thing. he's already RB1. in a perfect fans world he'd be RB1 and dillon would be RB2 letting williams go. ain't happenin'. they have dillion, could sign a vet RB, and then pick up one in the draft. that would be the cheapest way to go.
The tweet in this thread mention corey as the other option

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Maybe it has nothing to do with money. He could take less to be closer to his family in Texas or maybe it’s something as simple as not liking Wisconsin. Not everyone loves living and playing in snow. I just hope he goes to the AFC if he chooses not to resign.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe it has nothing to do with money. He could take less to be closer to his family in Texas or maybe it’s something as simple as not liking Wisconsin. Not everyone loves living and playing in snow. I just hope he goes to the AFC if he chooses not to resign.

It has been cited by to trusted sources it is the guaranteed money which separates the two sides presently.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh. Then F that selfish son of a %##ch!

I feel like I just spoke to someone that didn't take their medicine this morning LOL

In the end I was shocked to learn we offered him Top 5 money, just not enough guaranteed for him....DID not think we'd go that high.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frankly, as good as he is... his injury history suggests that limited carries are one of the things keeping him on the field.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do you keep beating this drum ? It`s not going to change anything and as a mod, you have to set an example. I have no personal issue with you, even if you think I have, but you`re like a dog with a bone. It is what it is. Let it go !
Because someone keeps taking shots knowing people that haven’t blocked anyone are going to see it.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Because someone keeps taking shots knowing people that haven’t blocked anyone are going to see it.

wanna go on ignore ? :whistling: Not everybody gets on. It`s human nature.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like I just spoke to someone that didn't take their medicine this morning LOL

In the end I was shocked to learn we offered him Top 5 money, just not enough guaranteed for him....DID not think we'd go that high.

Ha ha I do understand the financial aspect of it for these guys (RB’s.) This might be his first and last chance to make his money so good for him if he does find a big pay day. I just hope it’s not in GB because that is already to much.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe he fired his agent because a deal could have been done.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect he fired and hired a new agent when it came to be that an easy in house resigning was off the table and he'd be hitting the open market. Just my suspicion.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect he fired and hired a new agent when it came to be that an easy in house resigning was off the table and he'd be hitting the open market. Just my suspicion.
I think that is very likely, and while disappointing as a Packer fan, I certainly don’t blame Jones for doing everything he can to get as much money as he can considering how short a running back’s career typically is. That is also the reason I’m glad the Packers didn’t give him that guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.