The Aaron Jones 2021 FA thread.

Should the Packers extend Aaron Jones (est. ~11M/season)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also believe the league will not solely use the 2020 season to form the 2021 cap. There is no reason to utilize an anomaly year as the sole basis of really anything. Unprecedented times mean doing things a touch differently until normal times or closer to normal times return.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I also believe the league will not solely use the 2020 season to form the 2021 cap. There is no reason to utilize an anomaly year as the sole basis of really anything. Unprecedented times mean doing things a touch differently until normal times or closer to normal times return.

Agreed. Unlike many business that didn't have the huge war chest to weather them through the storm and thus had to close shop, NFL owners are probably looking at this very long term. They don't want to water their product down too much or **** off players and fans in the process. The money they need to continue to operate is still sitting there waiting for them to rake in, they just have to figure out the best business strategy that doesn't show off their greed in doing it.

Whatever happens, I am not going to worry about the owners or players livelihoods, the amount of money has gotten beyond ridiculous. I am more interested to see things get back to normal for those who really depend on the small streams of income that the NFL games have provided them and their families with. While I may **** and moan about all the money being made at the top of the NFL food chain, I do recognize the economy that it creates from top to bottom.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they're spreading the losses from 2020 over the next four years. much depends on how many fans get in the stands in that time, tv negotiations etc. it'll be a while (2-3 years) before we're at 200m again.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly there is no case. We just have to keep him.

He's damn good and I still believe we haven't seen the best of him.

Be ruthless at other positions and keep him.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I think it comes down to him or lindsey

That guy is the best..THE BEST center in the nfl

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Lindsey and Jones just need to take a home Town discount and keep this band together. Heck, maybe Rodgers and Preston will kick in some of their pay. :coffee:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
And baktiarhi
Love Bahk...but that resign of him isn't looking quite as necessary. Before anyone runs too far with that, glad we resigned him, but man the OL hasn't missed a beat without him. First the Bears DL and now the Rams!

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every time I convince myself that we're not going to pay him, he does something like this.

He was insane tonight. My gut still says he breaks the bank with a bad team like the Jets or something.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Because while Turner has played well, he’s also getting a decent amount of help from the backs and TE’s. The scheme helps the OL a lot.

So while Turner has played good, I’m not sure I would want him on the left side for an entire season, and certainly not at the expense of a player who can be left on an island against the best pass rushers in the league. It changes what your offense can do.

Bakh got paid a lot of money because he’s worth it, and if anybody thinks Turner can suitably replace him long term, they’re crazy.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Because while Turner has played well, he’s also getting a decent amount of help from the backs and TE’s. The scheme helps the OL a lot.

So while Turner has played good, I’m not sure I would want him on the left side for an entire season, and certainly not at the expense of a player who can be left on an island against the best pass rushers in the league. It changes what your offense can do.

Bakh got paid a lot of money because he’s worth it, and if anybody thinks Turner can suitably replace him long term, they’re crazy.

"Shouldn't have paid Bakh because Turner is filling in well" is right up there with "the offense is better without Davante."

Oh me oh my.

D

Deleted member 6794

Unfortunately the salary cap dropping will force the Packers to make some tough decisions. With running backs being easier to replace than most other positions and it not being smart to pay huge money for a player at the position in the first place it makes sense to let him walk away in free agency.

Let me be clear about it that I don't like not having him around next season but with limited cap space available that's the way to go.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me. 2 posters fully lack the ability to actually comprehend what they read because they are so blinded by their own arrogant and condescending opinions. Couple that with their desire to **** on everything others say and their boring shtick is very predictable. Which is also why I have had both of them on ignore for a long time, a fact neither of them seem to like.

Last edited:

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

TOP 5 means above 12M a year...YIKES.

I'm sorry, but if this is true and Aaron said no to a guaranteed contender, one of the hottest coaches right now and 3 bonafide HoFers on the offensive side of the ball he is an idiot.

At that point what are you gaining going elsewhere? I mean what is a couple more million truly worth if it is a garbage team or such like when Bell went to the Jets.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lots of guys do it, and I don't really blame him. RB careers are generally shorter than a lot of other positions. If you can get 12million per in salary with 10 million in guarantees, that's not much. If you get hurt or have sudden drop off you leave almost all that money on the table. If you get 10 million per with 30 million in guarantees, you basically make 3 years of your contract now. The other if you're not at the top, you're likely to be cut and hope you're healthy enough to sign another one.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If Jones is turning down offers in the 12M range, bring him a basket of mini muffins, maybe some of those little mandarin oranges, thank him for his service, and move on.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me. 2 posters fully lack the ability to actually comprehend what they read because they are so blinded by their own arrogant and condescending opinions. Couple that with their desire to **** on everything others say and their boring shtick is very predictable. Which is also why I have had both of them on ignore for a long time, a fact neither of them seem to like.
If you take me off ignore I promise to not be so annoying.:cool:

edit: or at least try hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts