Thanks, Falcons

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Atlanta blows a 21-0 lead and loses to the Lions.
Here's what bugs me most. The Lions miss a FG at the end but get another chance because they were called for delay of game. So, miss the field goal and get penalized- screw up twice on the same play- and get rewarded for it. They make the second chance kick and win. Something needs to be done about the reward failure business.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what's going on to make teams choke so bad against the Lions. Unreal.

OP
OP
P

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, Nate. IMO, the Lions biggest problem has always been intangibles; a lack of character in big games/spots. But despite missing a lot of key talent on offense today, they persevered and came back from 21 down. These might not be the same old Lions after all.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, Nate. IMO, the Lions biggest problem has always been intangibles; a lack of character in big games/spots. But despite missing a lot of key talent on offense today, they persevered and came back from 21 down. These might not be the same old Lions after all.

They are not the same old Lions and us Packers fans need to stop thinking they are. Jim Schwartz was a complete buffoon which is why they were so horrible the past few years. The number one thing a coach can do in football is instill an sense of responsibility, accountability and a winning attitude in the team. Schwartz did none of that.

The lions are doing all of this without Megatron, unfortunately for us, the Lions are playing football they way they should have the past 3 years and we are not going to squeek into the playoffs because of a lions meltdown, we are going to have to earn it and I think we will.

Tonight will go a long way to determining that, this is not a game we should falter in and they need to take care of business tonight.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions usually screw themselves out of a win, today they screwed themselves into a win

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are not the same old Lions and us Packers fans need to stop thinking they are.
Finally some one else says it, this team since 2011 have been a ten win team but under Jim they lacked discipline something Caldwell has brought in along with key players, this team can easily end the season at 13-3/12-4.

The only things that has remained the same in the division is that all the vikings inflated hopes have once again blown up in their face. As Charles Woodson has said about Jay Cutler, "Sam old Jay" and Well Aaron Rodgers is still the King of the North. ;)

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions are lucky. Their luck will run out soon.

Smoke and mirrors at its finest.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holding and dropped pass by the Falcons on their last drive were awful mistakes. Lions should have gotten the ball with less than a minute left.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Falcons.....Thanks for nothing....

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Here's what bugs me most. The Lions miss a FG at the end but get another chance because they were called for delay of game. So, miss the field goal and get penalized- screw up twice on the same play- and get rewarded for it. They make the second chance kick and win. Something needs to be done about the reward failure business.
We don't need another rule in the book. I was pissed too, but, what if they had made it, got backed up and then missed. It was a dead ball foul. I guess they could make a rule stating, if the kicking team is flagged during a try, the opposing team has the right to accept or decline the penalty.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

It is what it is. If we were the beneficiary of it, we`d be whooping like the Lions fans. Crap happens mate.

OP
OP
P

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't need another rule in the book. I was pissed too, but, what if they had made it, got backed up and then missed. It was a dead ball foul. I guess they could make a rule stating, if the kicking team is flagged during a try, the opposing team has the right to accept or decline the penalty.

I could deal with your suggestion, Cal. Anythings better than two wrongs make a win.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Every team gets the same chances as every team.
Usually.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
What pissed me off was the inconsistent delay of game penalties. The one they called at the end was the outlier. Keep telling myself its the Lions division to lose.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They weren't rewarded. The play never happened. People literally have never read the NFL rule book. A Delay of Game is a penalty prior to the snap. The play never happened. Clock was stopped so the penalty did not have an added ten second run off. STOP. END.

Jimbo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the game, was loving the start by the Falcons and was rooting for them big time. Cannot believe how they collapsed! Matt Ryan looked weak, that INT was awful!! Gutting end to the game. Lucky Lucky Lions.

OP
OP
P

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excellent point
They weren't rewarded. The play never happened. People literally have never read the NFL rule book. A Delay of Game is a penalty prior to the snap. The play never happened. Clock was stopped so the penalty did not have an added ten second run off. STOP. END.

Excellent points. I stand corrected.

It'sAaron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We get to play Lions one more time this season and, oh well, look at that! It's the last game of the regular season. Remember last year? ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts