Thanks, Falcons

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate the Falcons so much it's not even funny. Bunch of azzhat clowns. Most over-rated group of players in modern times.

The Lions? They have not had a winning second half since 1997 when they went 5-3. Since then they are 31-97. Ya ya ya ya...THIS is the year. lol

H

HardRightEdge

They weren't rewarded. The play never happened. People literally have never read the NFL rule book. A Delay of Game is a penalty prior to the snap. The play never happened. Clock was stopped so the penalty did not have an added ten second run off. STOP. END.
This should not require explanation, but I guess it did. :confused:

It should be recalled that the Lions beat us 19-7. That, along with their record, should be an indication that they are a team to be reckoned with. One would have to be foolish, blind or both to think otherwise.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Are we honestly supposed to assume that referees are totally unbiased in the outcome of all the games they officiate? Something is rotten in Denmark.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aints collapsed also vs lions.

Yep...the Lions are very lucky to not have 2 more loses. Like I said, if they come out of this next stretch of 4 games still in first, THEN and only then will I believe this is anything but the same old same old Lions team. One would have to be foolish, blind or both to think otherwise.

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
Yep...the Lions are very lucky to not have 2 more loses. Like I said, if they come out of this next stretch of 4 games still in first, THEN and only then will I believe this is anything but the same old same old Lions team. One would have to be foolish, blind or both to think otherwise.

Agreed. If not for Tate and a whole bunch of luck, I don't see how the Lions would have the record they have. They have Johnson, Bush and more than likely at least 1 of their tight ends returning, so they should have no reason to fall apart this year. Something about the last part of that sentence sounds familiar.....

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

This should not require explanation, but I guess it did. :confused:

It should be recalled that the Lions beat us 19-7. That, along with their record, should be an indication that they are a team to be reckoned with. One would have to be foolish, blind or both to think otherwise.

I`d buy you a drink if it were possible. Like it or not, THEY have six wins so far, WE have five. They may implode as they have done in the past, but to say they are not a threat to us at the minute is just foolish. People may not like the Lions, but we`d be stupid to write them off as no threat.

H

HardRightEdge

I`d buy you a drink if it were possible. Like it or not, THEY have six wins so far, WE have five. They may implode as they have done in the past, but to say they are not a threat to us at the minute is just foolish. People may not like the Lions, but we`d be stupid to write them off as no threat.
And one could say if Henery had not imploded against the Bills they'd be 7-1. Prater's off to rocky start but should be an improvement; the game winner against Atlanta should be a confidence builder.

Detroit's offense is struggling with injuries to Johnson, Bush, the O-Line and all three TEs at one time or another, and simultaneously against Atlanta. Their offensive productivity should improve as these guys roll back into the lineup. Stafford's league leading 24 sacks, 11:7 TD:INT ratio, and 61% completion rate, taken together, are pretty dreadful. And yet, Detroit is 10th. in the league in 3rd. down conversions, mostly through the air, a testament to Stafford's maturation into something more than a fantasy stat player.

In the end, they'll rise or fall on Stafford's mistakes or lack thereof. History has shown him to be somewhat Cutleresque...mistake prone under pressure, staring down targets, throwing off balance and forcing the ball down field. They'll be hard to beat on the days Stafford does not turn the ball over.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
And one could say if Henery had not imploded against the Bills they'd be 7-1. Prater's off to rocky start but should be an improvement; the game winner against Atlanta should be a confidence builder.

Detroit's offense is struggling with injuries to Johnson, Bush, the O-Line and all three TEs at one time or another, and simultaneously against Atlanta. Their offensive productivity should improve as these guys roll back into the lineup. Stafford's league leading 24 sacks, 11:7 TD:INT ratio, and 61% completion rate, taken together, are pretty dreadful. And yet, Detroit is 10th. in the league in 3rd. down conversions, mostly through the air, a testament to Stafford's maturation into something more than a fantasy stat player.

In the end, they'll rise or fall on Stafford's mistakes or lack thereof. History has shown him to be somewhat Cutleresque...mistake prone under pressure, staring down targets, throwing off balance and forcing the ball down field. They'll be hard to beat on the days Stafford does not turn the ball over.

I know they beat us but I am not sold on these Lions. They haven't played anybody on the road. There next three games are Miami, @Arizona, and @New England. Let's see where there sitting in three weeks. Historically this falls right on pace for a November implosion.

H

HardRightEdge

I know they beat us but I am not sold on these Lions. They haven't played anybody on the road. There next three games are Miami, @Arizona, and @New England. Let's see where there sitting in three weeks. Historically this falls right on pace for a November implosion.
I'm not entirely sold on them either as my notes on Stafford's Cutleresque tendencies would indicate. The respective schedules favor the Packers; it is the key reason for optimism.

However, expecting a Detroit November collapse because that's what they've done in the past is a thin argument just as expecting the Packers to run the table in November because it has been a historically strong month is uncompelling.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not entirely sold on them either as my notes on Stafford's Cutleresque tendencies would indicate. The respective schedules favor the Packers; it is the key reason for optimism.

I don´t think the remaining schedule favors the Packers. While the Lions have tough opponents over the next three weeks they should be able to win the four games thereafter before coming to Green Bay in week 17. Even if the Lions lose two of their next three the Packers would have to stay perfect to enter the last week of the regular season atop the NFC North.

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
I don´t think the remaining schedule favors the Packers. While the Lions have tough opponents over the next three weeks they should be able to win the four games thereafter before coming to Green Bay in week 17. Even if the Lions lose two of their next three the Packers would have to stay perfect to enter the last week of the regular season atop the NFC North.

Although I'm cautiously optimistic, I have prepared myself to watch the Lions go 4-4 down the stretch and finish 10-6. I think it is quite probable they go 11-5, and even possible to go 12-4, but even 10-6 should at worst get them a wild card they way the NFC has been going lately.

I think the Packers got a lucky break, because Mark Sanchez is no Nick Foles, so the Eagles game just got more winnable than it already was. Aside from New England, I don't see any games that you guys should be terribly worried about. Outside of week 17 that is :p

D

Deleted member 6794

Although I'm cautiously optimistic, I have prepared myself to watch the Lions go 4-4 down the stretch and finish 10-6. I think it is quite probable they go 11-5, and even possible to go 12-4, but even 10-6 should at worst get them a wild card they way the NFC has been going lately.

I think the Packers got a lucky break, because Mark Sanchez is no Nick Foles, so the Eagles game just got more winnable than it already was. Aside from New England, I don't see any games that you guys should be terribly worried about. Outside of week 17 that is :p

I expect the Packers to go 6-2 the rest of the way with losses against New England and surprisingly one of the road games. I think the Lions will go 5-3 with losses at Arizona, New England and Green Bay. In this case the Packers road loss would have to come at Buffalo for the Packers to have a chance to win the tie-breaker.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score

However, expecting a Detroit November collapse because that's what they've done in the past is a thin argument just as expecting the Packers to run the table in November because it has been a historically strong month is uncompelling.

Not entirely sold? It's starting to sound to me based on a couple posts now like you are back peddling on your Lions love. What happened to me being illogical in questioning EXACTLY what you are now? lol

Are you now agreeing with me that there is merit in thinking the Lions will tank? ..because...there absolutely is. Come crunch time when playoff teams start cranking it up, this Lions roster has proven they're not up to the task. I can picture Stafford from last season with his hands on his head game after game as they/he blew it. I won't be the least shocked if that same exact picture is shown several times over the next 4 weeks.

You've stated that their new coach makes all the difference in the world. I'm of the opinion that Stafford and that roster needs to prove to me they're up to the challenge, because they've shown they are not. (...and again...I really like the kid and if the Packers would be out...I would "cheer" for him).

If I was a betting man I would bet the Pack wins the division. ...and so is Vegas. Soooo.... ya... what side of this opinion is actually more illogical and foolish?

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think if the Lions go better than 4-4 down the stretch they will deserve to win the division.

H

HardRightEdge

Not entirely sold? It's starting to sound to me based on a couple posts now like you are back peddling on your Lions love. What happened to me being illogical in questioning EXACTLY what you are now? lol
Well, if you can step out of all-or-nothing thinking it might make more sense to you. LOL "Love" is the wrong word.
Are you now agreeing with me that there is merit in thinking the Lions will tank?
I doubt it, though it is certainly possible. However, when the argument is based on past season performance to the exclusion of what's been done on the field this season, then the argument is weak. You might note this a repetition of what I already said, so who knows what you were looking at.
You've stated that their new coach makes all the difference in the world.
I've never commented on their coach. You're confusing me with someone else.
I can picture Stafford from last season with his hands on his head game after game as they/he blew it. I'm of the opinion that Stafford and that roster needs to prove to me they're up to the challenge, because they've shown they are not. (...and again...I really like the kid and if the Packers would be out...I would "cheer" for him).
Those are rare notes, taken together, that are not your typical all-or-nothing thinking. I would note Stafford is no "kid"...this is his 6th. season. He is both inconsistent and dangerous, a characteristic of a two fairly recent repeat Super Bowl-winning QBs backed by stout defenses. When looking at the Lions 16-7 Packer win that included losing the turnover battle 3-1, it's entirely possible Stafford will be doing some helmet grabbing in week 17 and still win the game. Their defense has demonstrated they can contain Rodgers, and past history (to use your logic) has shown that defenses that contain him follow up with repeat performances.
If I was a betting man I would bet the Pack wins the division. ...and so is Vegas. Soooo.... ya... what side of this opinion is actually more illogical and foolish?
This Vegas odds argument is thin...and actually self-contradictory. The last time you quoted Vegas Super Bowl odds, the Cowboys (prior to Romo's back injury) were sitting at 9-1 while the Packers were 10-1. I did not detect any love on your part for the historically underachieving and collapsing Cowboys.

It is my belief week 17 will have playoff implications for both teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I expect the Packers to go 6-2 the rest of the way with losses against New England and surprisingly one of the road games. I think the Lions will go 5-3 with losses at Arizona, New England and Green Bay. In this case the Packers road loss would have to come at Buffalo for the Packers to have a chance to win the tie-breaker.

That's entirely possible as Buffalo is one of those teams with a good front seven which can give us fits and could be a trap game. Everyone is just chalking the patriot game as a loss but New England hasn't been the same team on the road and I think there one of those teams we match up well against. We can beat them at Lambeau.

The reason for optimism IMO is the second half schedule compared to 1st half. Comparing road games it isn't even close. Also, the Miami @ Miami game is starting to like a real quality win. Also, I would rather play tougher teams at home then on the road and play the softer teams on the road like the Lions and Seahawks have had the luxury of doing. They won't have that luxury in 2nd half of season.

I think we drop 1 game in second half and we will be leading the Lions heading into week 17 game but we will have to beat them to win division and get a first round bye. Better get my Lions tickets now. lol

H

HardRightEdge

That's entirely possible as Buffalo is one of those teams with a good front seven which can give us fits and could be a trap game. Everyone is just chalking the patriot game as a loss but New England hasn't been the same team on the road and I think there one of those teams we match up well against. We can beat them at Lambeau.

The reason for optimism IMO is the second half schedule compared to 1st half. Comparing road games it isn't even close. Also, the Miami @ Miami game is starting to like a real quality win. Also, I would rather play tougher teams at home then on the road and play the softer teams on the road like the Lions and Seahawks have had the luxury of doing. They won't have that luxury in 2nd half of season.

I think we drop 1 game in second half and we will be leading the Lions heading into week 17 game but we will have to beat them to win division and get a first round bye. Better get my Lions tickets now. lol
I'm sure NOMOFO will once again trash the Bills and take the liberty of professing my "love" for them :confused:, but I'll repeat my concerns with respect to this game.

The Bills defense is who I thought they were some weeks ago (actually for the last two seasons if anybody is keeping score). Their strength is clearly in the front 7, but the DBs are not too shabby either; there's no notable weaknesses in that squad.

My earlier assessment was they'd go as far as the theretofore sketchy Manual could gather some consistency is now moot; his most notable failure was cluelesness in the red zone. While Orton hardly strikes fear in anybody's heart, he's playing the best football of his career as a game manager with a decent collection of offensive weapons.

Most recently he shellacked the Jets. While the Jets are in collapse, it was a road win, and the run-to-set-up-the-pass offense putting up 43 points without the two running backs is notable. KC at home this week is their hump game.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm sure NOMOFO will once again trash the Bills and take the liberty of professing my "love" for them :confused:, but I'll repeat my concerns with respect to this game.

The Bills defense is who I thought they were some weeks ago (actually for the last two seasons if anybody is keeping score). Their strength is clearly in the front 7, but the DBs are not too shabby either; there's no notable weaknesses in that squad.

My earlier assessment was they'd go as far as the theretofore sketchy Manual could gather some consistency is now moot; his most notable failure was cluelesness in the red zone. While Orton hardly strikes fear in anybody's heart, he's playing the best football of his career as a game manager with a decent collection of offensive weapons.

Most recently he shellacked the Jets. While the Jets are in collapse, it was a road win, and the run-to-set-up-the-pass offense putting up 43 points without the two running backs is notable. KC at home this week is their hump game.

They beat the Jets up in a game the Jets had to win to have any hope of saving there season in New York. The Bills are a QB away from being a top tier team in the AFC.

I have Kansas City beating them this weekend but it's a close call because it is at Buffalo.

H

HardRightEdge

They beat the Jets up in a game the Jets had to win to have any hope of saving there season in New York. The Bills are a QB away from being a top tier team in the AFC.

I have Kansas City beating them this weekend but it's a close call because it is at Buffalo.
I'm expecting a low scoring game between two closely matched teams.

Both are led by game manager QBs, both rely on the ground game to control the ball, KC leads in fewest pass yards surrendered, the Bills kill drives with their pass rush.

Spiller is still out and Jackson is iffy...which makes the Bills job of controlling the ball difficult against KC's stingy pass defense. However the Bills have the home field and have been a full turnover per game better than KC in giveaway/takeaway.

It should be an entertaining and hard fought game in reality, if not in fantasy, which I'll have the pleasure of watching...the winner solidifies playoff contention while the loser faces an uphill battle in a crowded playoff field in the AFC.

If Jackson plays I give the edge to Buffalo; if he doesn't I give the edge to KC.

Of course, I was told in preseason that the remarkable job Dorsey did last season turning KC around while making a head coach change and turning over 30+ roster spots was smoke and mirrors based on a weak schedule. So I guess I should conclude that their wins over Miami, New England and San Diego were a mirage. Interestingly, they also beat the Rams, a game sandwiched between St. Louis' wins over Seattle and SF. I guess we cannot count that either.

Last edited by a moderator:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm expecting a low scoring game between two closely matched teams.

Both are led by game manager QBs, both rely on the ground game to control the ball, KC leads in fewest pass yards surrendered, the Bills kill drives with their pass rush.

Spiller is still out and Jackson is iffy...which makes the Bills job of controlling the ball difficult against KC's stingy pass defense. However the Bills have the home field and have been a full turnover per game better than KC in giveaway/takeaway.

It should be an entertaining and hard fought game in reality, if not in fantasy, which I'll have the pleasure of watching...the winner solidifies playoff contention while the loser faces an uphill battle in a crowded playoff field in the AFC.

If Jackson plays I give the edge to Buffalo; if he doesn't I give the edge to KC.

Of course, I was told in preseason that the remarkable job Dorsey did last season turning KC around while making a head coach change and turning over 30+ roster spots was smoke and mirrors based on a weak schedule. So I guess I should conclude that their wins over Miami, New England and San Diego were a mirage. Interestingly, they also beat the Rams, a game sandwiched between St. Louis' wins over Seattle and SF. I guess we cannot count that either.

Well you didn't hear it from me. KC and Buffalo are both solid football teams. I give the edge to KC with Smith over Orton and Charles over Jackson. Buffalo must win turnover battle to win this game.

Also, I look to see KC give Seattle a dose of there own medicine next week.

H

HardRightEdge

Well you didn't hear it from me. KC and Buffalo are both solid football teams. I give the edge to KC with Smith over Orton and Charles over Jackson. Buffalo must win turnover battle to win this game.

Also, I look to see KC give Seattle a dose of there own medicine next week.
I know I did not hear from you. Someone (not you) will also tell me I'm nuts when I say the following: When Orton is clicking as in these past few weeks and when Jackson and Spiller are on the field, the Bills exhibit the best run/pass balance on offense and defense taken together of any team in the league. It makes them dangerous because there are no clear weaknesses to exploit; getting the running backs back on the field will be pivotal.