Teddy Ginn Jr

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
only one of our 5th rounders is trade able. And returners are only good for about two seasons and then they are burnt out. Kind of like Dante Hall.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Ginn Jr.

Interesting we passed him up considering we have two 5th round draft choices. Not sure how he ranks with Blackmon, I know he is not coming off a knee injury.

Wow we really could have helped out our special teams.

Not sure what TT is thinking here.
If we get someone in the draft, or if the guys we have (Dillon, Blackmon) step up, then I'm not going to complain one bit. Reports are he was soft in Miami, allways running out of bounds, instead of trying to get more yards.

But if we don't, and our 5th round picks are "wasted", this will be much like Sutton and Smith last year...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think people give enough credit to Green Bay WRs coach Jimmy Robinson. Because of him we can just plug and chug players. Greg Jennings, James Jones, Jordy Nelson and Ruvell Martin along with TEs Finley and Havner were all his products. I would have loved to see what Robinson could've done with Ginn.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ginn not being here gives me hope regarding Dexter McCluster. Do the right thing, Theodore.
i dont know about you but id much rather spent a 5th rounder on a guy whose proven he can take it to the house on special teams in ginn than spend a 2nd on a player who MIGHT be just like ginn just slower... just my 2 cents though

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont know about you but id much rather spent a 5th rounder on a guy whose proven he can take it to the house on special teams in ginn than spend a 2nd on a player who MIGHT be just like ginn just slower... just my 2 cents though

Yeah I believe that Mccluster is overrated....

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 9ers had a higher 5th round pick to offer Miami than we did and Ginn isn't worth a 4th! He isn't better than any of our WRs we already have anyway.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
It would've taken a 4th. As was mentioned, San Fran's 5 is higher than ours.

If given the choice, I'll take the unproven rookie who could come in and surprise everyone over the average WR that we know Ginn is.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would've taken a 4th. As was mentioned, San Fran's 5 is higher than ours.

If given the choice, I'll take the unproven rookie who could come in and surprise everyone over the average WR that we know Ginn is.
i see what your saying.. youd much rather take a risk on an unproven guy.. no problem with that.. im just saying.. maybe ginn is worth a late 4th round pick.. say we draft mccluster and he doesnt turn out to be anything but a return guy.. would ginn have been worth it then?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
i see what your saying.. youd much rather take a risk on an unproven guy.. no problem with that.. im just saying.. maybe ginn is worth a late 4th round pick.. say we draft mccluster and he doesnt turn out to be anything but a return guy.. would ginn have been worth it then?
If I'm wrong about McCluster, and there's a very good chance that happens, then yes hindsight says we should've traded for Ginn. But at this moment, I think McCluster can have a bigger impact on this team than Ginn could.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Ginn worth a 4th round pick? Evidently TT didn't think so -IF he was even interested. The 49ers dealt Miami a higher 5th rounder than we could have offered so Parcells went with that. I think it speaks volumes about how Ginn is valued that no other club offered the Dolphins a better deal than San Fran did.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT didnt jump at Tony Gonzalez or Randy Moss for low picks I cant see how he would jump at this.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT didnt jump at Tony Gonzalez or Randy Moss for low picks I cant see how he would jump at this.
Randy Moss I can't affirm.

But he had a deal set with KC, last years' 3rd for Gonzales. The Falcons offered a 2nd the last minute, and the Chiefs traded him to them.

I'm glad he didn't trade for him, now, but I wanted it. Imagine if he had, there would be no CM3... And it could've impaired Finley's development...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randy Moss I can't affirm.

But he had a deal set with KC, last years' 3rd for Gonzales. The Falcons offered a 2nd the last minute, and the Chiefs traded him to them.

I'm glad he didn't trade for him, now, but I wanted it. Imagine if he had, there would be no CM3... And it could've impaired Finley's development...

TT offered a 5th and wouldnt budge to a 4th or Randy would have been a Packer. I believe we would have won the Superbowl in 2007, and favre would have retired, maybe even for good.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I'm hearing Moss wasn't all that keen on coming to GB even with #4 still around back then. I don't know if getting Moss would have secured a Super Bowl for us. He has yet to bring one to NE...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I'm hearing Moss wasn't all that keen on coming to GB even with #4 still around back then. I don't know if getting Moss would have secured a Super Bowl for us. He has yet to bring one to NE...

Different team different matchup different system. So your saying if a player hasnt been on a superbowl winning team then if he was on another team it would make no difference? That reasoning makes no sense.

I heard differently about moss to be honest. His love for favre is documented, and there was talk of him going to GB in 08 actually. All he wanted to do was get out of Oakland and into a playoff caliber team.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Different team different matchup different system. So your saying if a player hasnt been on a superbowl winning team then if he was on another team it would make no difference? That reasoning makes no sense.

I heard differently about moss to be honest. His love for favre is documented, and there was talk of him going to GB in 08 actually. All he wanted to do was get out of Oakland and into a playoff caliber team.
First of all, he didn't say that "if a player hasn't been on a superbowl winning team then if he was on another team it would make no difference." That wasn't his reasoning AT ALL.

His reasoning was that Moss would be an offensive weapon, and it wasn't that what costed us. Not only that, but he couldn't possibly have played better than he did in 07, and even that didn't net him a ring.

And his reasoning is pretty strong. I have a really hard time grasping that Moss would be the difference-maker for us in that NFCC game. It wasn't Driver's fault that Favre threw the way he did. But Favre didn't cover Burress all game, and didn't fail to recover a muffed punt...

OF course, there IS the possibility that he could've altered the result of that season. That he, with Jennings and Driver, would have made life much easier for Favre, and somebody should be open almost all the time, preventing him from doing what he did...

But to pinpoint the Moss trade even as ONE reason that we didn't win the SB in 07 is ludicrous in my view...

And as an impossible to prove hypothesis, I don't think it's worth to debate any longer. Just my two cents...

-

Now, back on topic, that was TT's unwillingness to part with picks for players. I really don't mind it AT ALL. What drives me nuts about him is tendency to always put the financial side of the business above the football side, when it comes to FAs. And I'm not talking about Julius Peppers. Hunter Smith should be a Packer, if TT were to agree to a multi-year deal instead of his one-year he intended. The greatest punter in the league? No. But we wouldn't be talking about the necessity of getting one.

If there's no bargain or no player that will really fix our woes, TT always chooses the cheaper one from the best one. Why get Chris McCalister, when you can get a cheaper Josh Bell? And so on and so forth...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, he didn't say that "if a player hasn't been on a superbowl winning team then if he was on another team it would make no difference." That wasn't his reasoning AT ALL.

His reasoning was that Moss would be an offensive weapon, and it wasn't that what costed us. Not only that, but he couldn't possibly have played better than he did in 07, and even that didn't net him a ring.

And his reasoning is pretty strong. I have a really hard time grasping that Moss would be the difference-maker for us in that NFCC game. It wasn't Driver's fault that Favre threw the way he did. But Favre didn't cover Burress all game, and didn't fail to recover a muffed punt...

OF course, there IS the possibility that he could've altered the result of that season. That he, with Jennings and Driver, would have made life much easier for Favre, and somebody should be open almost all the time, preventing him from doing what he did...

But to pinpoint the Moss trade even as ONE reason that we didn't win the SB in 07 is ludicrous in my view...

And as an impossible to prove hypothesis, I don't think it's worth to debate any longer. Just my two cents...

-

Now, back on topic, that was TT's unwillingness to part with picks for players. I really don't mind it AT ALL. What drives me nuts about him is tendency to always put the financial side of the business above the football side, when it comes to FAs. And I'm not talking about Julius Peppers. Hunter Smith should be a Packer, if TT were to agree to a multi-year deal instead of his one-year he intended. The greatest punter in the league? No. But we wouldn't be talking about the necessity of getting one.

If there's no bargain or no player that will really fix our woes, TT always chooses the cheaper one from the best one. Why get Chris McCalister, when you can get a cheaper Josh Bell? And so on and so forth...

You speak for people on here now? Wow for someone thats a moderator on here it seems like your overstepping a bit. I can understand disagreeing with someones point but to say "thats not what he was saying"? Did you call him up and speak to him and ask him what he meant by it? Reguardless if how I interpreted it is different than how he meant it than it should be him that says so not you. I would expect that from someone new to the forum but not someone in a position of power on here.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You speak for people on here now? Wow for someone thats a moderator on here it seems like your overstepping a bit. I can understand disagreeing with someones point but to say "thats not what he was saying"? Did you call him up and speak to him and ask him what he meant by it? Reguardless if how I interpreted it is different than how he meant it than it should be him that says so not you. I would expect that from someone new to the forum but not someone in a position of power on here.
Position of power? What powers exactly do you think I have?

Are you saying because I can edit posts and threads I shouldn't speak my mind?

I thought you completely missed his intention, twisted it, really, so I called it. Because I think the same way he did. Just it. No need to take it personal. Like I said, it's a matter that can't be proven, so the debate isn't important in my view.

I became a mod because during the Favre debacle I was sick of trolling and name-calling, to help keep things respectful and as enjoyable as possible. I'd gladly give it up if it represents a "leveling" with the other posters.

Just because I'm a mod doesn't mean I can't speak my mind or even take sides, and I certainly don't do it out of power. Sorry if I said it in a way that feels as it was abuse of power, but wasn't my intention...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO Moss would have been a big difference in the NFC game since it was a close game that went into overtime and some of the game we struggled offensively. I think the deep threat of Randy and Greg with DD in the slot would have been a game changer for us. Just because the Patriots didnt win the SB against the Giants has no bearing on how the NFC championship would have gone. The Giants won based on the pass rush in the SB, but against GB they didnt have a sack. Total different game, total different team, total different situation.

This topic has gone off topic very quickly and that was not the intention, it was just to point out that TT didnt spend a 4th or 5th on Randy Moss a top 5 player of all time at his position that it would be hard to imagine TT spending any picks on Ginn especially in a deep draft like this one.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Position of power? What powers exactly do you think I have?

Are you saying because I can edit posts and threads I shouldn't speak my mind?

I thought you completely missed his intention, twisted it, really, so I called it. Because I think the same way he did. Just it. No need to take it personal. Like I said, it's a matter that can't be proven, so the debate isn't important in my view.

I became a mod because during the Favre debacle I was sick of trolling and name-calling, to help keep things respectful and as enjoyable as possible. I'd gladly give it up if it represents a "leveling" with the other posters.

Just because I'm a mod doesn't mean I can't speak my mind or even take sides, and I certainly don't do it out of power. Sorry if I said it in a way that feels as it was abuse of power, but wasn't my intention...

Please do speak your mind but please dont speak someone elses. I am not trying to start a fight and I understand your powers and why the position is needed on here. I personally would be offended if you spoke for me because only I can do that.

And your right, the debate is pretty pointless to get into as the what ifs cant be proven its just opinion.

Members online

Latest posts