1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Teddy Ginn Jr

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackAttackUK, Apr 13, 2010.

1. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    'Sources' say Miami are shopping Teddy Ginn Jr (I KNEW it would happen this season!)

Would you like him at GB? If so, at what cost?

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    7th round pick, as a kick returner.

3. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Not a smart decision by the Dolphins. If Santonio only nets a 5th rounder then Ginn shouldn't have any value whatsoever to speak of.

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    The Steelers' dumb decision might cost the Dolphins...

I'd gladly have him for a 5th or later.

5. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    I'd go 4th rd pick.

Really depends how u want him to help.

6. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I don't know about a 4th, because, he isn't any better receiver than what we have. He may develop into one down the stretch, but right now, including finley, he'd be our #6 receiver.

He'd manhandle the return position, and he has the upside to become a very good receiver, though.

7. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    A 4th or later and I would love to see him in Green Bay. There's untapped potential there. He's played with Chad Pennington and Chad Henne, who are good QB's, but he's never played with a great QB like Aaron Rodgers. If it would click for him here and he'd live up to the potential he had coming out as the #9 overall pick, it could be a robbery.

Not to mention he can return kicks, which is always good.

8. soul vice

soul vice Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't mind seeing Ted Ginn in Green Bay as a kick returner, and it might be good to have him around because Driver's getting up there in years- even though I think our passing game is pretty tight already- But I don't think we should make this a focus, I think honestly our offensive line needs to be addressed first.

9. Ghost of Billy Mays

Ghost of Billy Mays Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    I would be OK with a 4th rounder, won't happen though, Ted wouldn't even give up a 5th rounder for Randy Moss, we're talking bout Ted Ginn Jr. He had the droppsies like Braylon Edwards last year. But he was awesome @ the return game, so I would like to see him in GB.

10. packerfan191

packerfan191 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would say a 6th or 7th round pick for him. Our main concern right know though is our offensive line.

11. olwig420

olwig420 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    We should offer a nice package deal, one of our 5th round picks and Bush, lol. I would love to see him come to GB. With his kick return skills and his potential at WR I say that puts him ahead of any of our 4th receivers. The fins are projected to take a safety in the first round.

12. DILLIGAFF

DILLIGAFF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    We have that extra 5th, for that I would do it. Or a straight up player trade for Colledge, as long as we select Iupatai in the draft.

I believe the Dophins need a LG, or for that matter depth.

13. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    that would be sweet to unload Bush! hahaha, but I would give up a 5th rounder for Ted Ginn, as somebody posted already, he has a lot of un-tapped potential. He also fills that huge void in the return game. We have the money to spend, I hope TT goes for it, but its doubtful

14. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,005
    I would wait until the Dolphins cut him now that they have Marshall. Ginn is on his way out, it's just a matter of time. Reaally, can anyone here name the Phins top WR last year without looking it up? It wasn't Ginn. He was not even number 2.

FWIW- The Phins top WR was Bess. Who you say? Bess.

15. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I knew it was Davone Bess... But, yeah, that's pretty sad.

Don't know if he's going to be dumped... What's his salary?

16. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Ginn would have to come really cheap. He would not be a #1 or #2 WR in our system. Hes no game breaker....

17. David Pynnonen

David Pynnonen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    wouldnt mind getting him in the green and gold. even if it is just for special teams return game. our special teams has been ****** for as long as i can remember.

I think he would be a decent receiver as well. he has some wheels to break free, perfect for our quick slants that we religiously run.

18. claybillings

claybillings Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    6th or 7th and thats all. This guy has BRICKS for hands and dropped game winning touchdowns last year, that I don't necessarily want for my team. He is a good kick returner and agree that we could use him there, but I might as well just spend my draft pick on a rookie who probably has more upside and can play another position well in addition to returner.

19. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    the only use for this guy would be as a KR. I have a friend who is a Dolphins fan, and he laments that 1st round pick, cursing the name of Cam Cameron every night before he goes to bed. I wouldn't give anything more than a 6th for Ginn.

20. MelrosE

MelrosE Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I think Ginn would be great, if we had someone in the return game like him last year, all of our games would have been a different outcome, in a good way. Our average field position was terrible, and i'd guess it was around the 20-25yd line? just guessing. But imagine if that was 30-35. we would be THAT much better. and that much closer to winning the SB.

just my .02$

21. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Completely agree. I think, as much as the two tackles (Colledge and Barbre), the field position completely killed us in the 1st MN game...

22. olwig420

olwig420 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I think He is going to the 49rs. To bad for us.

23. claybillings

claybillings Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    He did, for a 5th round pick

24. DILLIGAFF

DILLIGAFF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Ted Ginn Jr.

Interesting we passed him up considering we have two 5th round draft choices. Not sure how he ranks with Blackmon, I know he is not coming off a knee injury.

Wow we really could have helped out our special teams.

Not sure what TT is thinking here.

25. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Really with TT woulda made a run at him. A 5th round pick is well worth his potential..