Teams go 9-7 for a reason

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:rolleyes: You so silly! The officials didn't steal anything from the Giants. Now come on back to reality with the rest of us.
The officials did a horrible job, and if you are honest you can agree with that. As I have when we have gotten breaks. With that being said. The defense had its opportunity to win the game for us, or if the offense took more time off the clock (which I was yelling at the tv after they hiked it just before the 2 min warning I was like WTF). If our defense has improved over the last month, then hopefully the refs won't matter, and if we are in that spot again, it will end differently.

What we do on this forum has absolutely no impact on whether the Packers will be sitting at home next week or not.
Agreed but you know how superstitious both fans and athletes can be lol. I say the same thing, its not up to us to show up, but its up to the players. What we say has not bearings positive or negative. Unless some of these posters really do play for the team lmao.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The officials did a horrible job, and if you are honest you can agree with that.

It was too close to overturn on replay. If they had said TD, that would have stood as well. I still haven't seen any irrefutable evidence that it was a catch. I've seen the still shot that it floating around, but you still can't tell from that if his knee was actually touching the ground yet or not. This is the inherent problem with replay challenges from a fan perspective. You have a play that is simply too close to know for sure and you end up with people on both sides who swear they are 100% in the right just because there is a good chance that they are right. Hey, I don't pretend to know for sure he was out of bounds, but I DO know it sure looked like it in real time and the replay angles never proved otherwise.

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was too close to overturn on replay. If they had said TD, that would have stood as well. I still haven't seen any irrefutable evidence that it was a catch. I've seen the still shot that it floating around, but you still can't tell from that if his knee was actually touching the ground yet or not. This is the inherent problem with replay challenges from a fan perspective. You have a play that is simply too close to know for sure and you end up with people on both sides who swear they are 100% in the right just because there is a good chance that they are right. Hey, I don't pretend to know for sure he was out of bounds, but I DO know it sure looked like it in real time and the replay angles never proved otherwise.
Fair enough. I felt he was in before the replay was viewed while it was seen in real time. The replay they showed could have been argued either way (usually offense gets those). Then the image came out the following day and you saw the pelts that were kicked up in the picture if you paid attention to it. Either way, that is not the only call. That huge 3rd down play we had Rodgers backed up and got the stop, but the Ref threw a BS flag if you can recall. I just want it straight down the line, or don't call it at all. I do feel the more rules and exceptions they put out there the more issues it has caused, and they really need to fix it, and pay the refs a good amount of money to make sure this is their full time job. You would think the NFL can afford to do so.

I regularly felt the calls do break even, but the last two years they have been horrible.

Even vs the falcons we had falcon fans and sportscasters saying that we got screwed on quite a few calls. One I will link for you the JWill flag for a tackle
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Also they screwed up two 4th down placements of the ball for the Falcons that we actually stopped. Plus if you have not seen, misplaced our football that would have given us a 1st down inside the 35 i believe, instead the booth didn't review it, and we lost a set of downs for it.

Some is nit picking, but at a point it gets silly.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've had our share off terrible calls this season; both ones that went for us and against us. Hopefully the refs step up their game for the playoffs just like the teams who are playing.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I am in no way, shape, or form trying to blame our loss on any call from the game. Bad calls happen, we had our chances, and we didn't deliever.

Having said that, how is this not "irrefutable evidence"? A loss is a loss, and we were not good enough that day. But I'm sorry, that's a TD.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol there ya go...

pre-built excuse, that way you can avoid reality.

Truth in the NFL is that I wouldn't be surprised if u guys own it all and I would not be surprised if we whoop up on u this week. The hardest thing to do is to sustain dominance. You fellers are due to hit a wall

Whoop up on us? LOL the Packers haven't lost a game by more than 7 points since 2009. Check your calendar to see what year it currently is.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am in no way, shape, or form trying to blame our loss on any call from the game. Bad calls happen, we had our chances, and we didn't deliever.

Having said that, how is this not "irrefutable evidence"? A loss is a loss, and we were not good enough that day. But I'm sorry, that's a TD.

Nice photoshop job.

Kidding! Just kidding! No kneed to get your ******* in a bunch.
Yeah, I'll admit that it looks like it could be a TD.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to tell if his knee is on the ground there or not. Honestly. But as it has been said before, the play was way way WAY too close to be overturned on replay. Whichever way it was called on the field was the way it would ultimately stand.

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That looks like a td from the picture there. Hopefully the refs dont impact this game and the Packers get the huge W.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to tell if his knee is on the ground there or not. Honestly. But as it has been said before, the play was way way WAY too close to be overturned on replay. Whichever way it was called on the field was the way it would ultimately stand.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen all the pictures man. Same with this one. My opinion hasn't changed. Whichever way it was called on the field was the way it would ultimately stand.

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bad calls happen in the game all the time. We were ripped off in the 1998 wildcard game at San Francisco when Rice clearly fumbled the ball, we recovered but instead they ruled him down. Young threw a touchdown pass to Owens with like 3 seconds left and we lost. I still get so mad when I see the replay of that fumble. His knee wasnt even close to being down.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched that game at Ross Walker's house when I was 14. I was asked by his mom to leave after I flipped out. I'd like to think that I've grown up since then. lol

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was 13 at the time. I was watching it with my Dad and we were both so mad. I think I slammed the remote control down. We could have went to the super bowl that year if we won that game.

PackAttack1992

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least you guys didn't fumble in a playoff game that resulted in a TD with a non-call on a facemask on Rodgers. But I digress. We move on. I can scream at the TV till I'm blue in the face and it won't change a damn thing.

Anyway, I hate when bad calls go in our favor because then we have to endlessly hear about how we won a game mainly due to bad calling. I don't know about other Packer fans, but I want a fair clean well-called game as much as the opponent does. We're all fans. We have absolutely no say in how games are reffed, and getting mad at the fans because they had a bad call go their way is unfair as, again, they had no say in it.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
San Fransisco benefited from a big call against us in the playoff game we choked away in 2002. They have some bad karma coming their way

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The worst officiating was against the NYG in 2007 NFCCG. Had the game been called fairly, we would have won by at least 3 TDs. Instead, we lost.

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
San Fransisco benefited from a big call against us in the playoff game we choked away in 2002. They have some bad karma coming their way
I remember that game. Didnt you guys bobble the game winning field goal snap and toss it down field. I remember there was pass interference on the play and they didnt call it. You guys got robbed in that game as well. I was rooting for you guys that day since the Niners were a huge rival of ours back then.

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a joke I think. We played horribly that day. If we dont have choke artist Brett under center I think we would have won but the Giants were the better team that night as much as I hate to admit.

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giantsfan2012 I felt for you guys that day because I knew what it felt like to get robbed in SF since it happened to us out there and in Arizona two years ago in the wildcard playoffs.

Members online

Latest posts