Teams go 9-7 for a reason

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You want something funny? I know a few Steeler fans who felt they were robbed against us in last year's super bowl. They claim if we didnt turn the ball over 3 times we would have won lmao. They always tell me the better team lost and I just think of that sour grapes line when they tell me that.

NY06

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big, fat "sour grapes" graphic? I think the point has been made.
And what point was made?
If the poster was serious then he has a bad case of being a sore loser.
Not for nothing, you guys were not the better team in 07.
We went into your house, and played better.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
And what point was made?

Yeah. So much better that it took overtime for somebody to finally pull the trigger and put everyone out of their misery.

And I know I don't have to explain the point to you. You know what it is - and that's why it got under your skin.

NY06

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. So much better that it took overtime for somebody to finally pull the trigger and put everyone out of their misery.

And I know I don't have to explain the point to you. You know what it is - and that's why it got under your skin.
We would have finished you guys sooner, but Tynes likes to make us Giant fans have a heart attack.
How ever you want to look at it, we played better in the frozen tundra, then the home team

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We got outplayed that night though. We played better in the Championship game last year against the Bears then that night against the Giants even though we beat Chicago we played poorly. Thank god we beat the Bears.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
We got outplayed that night though. We played better in the Championship game last year against the Bears then that night against the Giants even though we beat Chicago we played poorly. Thank god we beat the Bears.

The point is that as badly as we got outplayed, it took OT for us to lose. It wasn't a blowout.

(Am I really this hard to understand? :laugh:)

LombardiChick

Reaction score
We would have finished you guys sooner, but Tynes likes to make us Giant fans have a heart attack.
How ever you want to look at it, we played better in the frozen tundra, then the home team

Yay you. LOL

You want to go back that far to find something good to feel about (and an OT win against us, at that), I suppose we should be flattered.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember that game. Didnt you guys bobble the game winning field goal snap and toss it down field. I remember there was pass interference on the play and they didnt call it. You guys got robbed in that game as well. I was rooting for you guys that day since the Niners were a huge rival of ours back then.

Yes. We were in line to kick the GWing field goal. The snap was bad, holder rolled out and chucked it deep. 49ers mauled the guy going for the ball, but no PI was called...why you ask? bc the guy being mauled was an offensive linemen & the ref forget he reported as an eligible receiver before the kick. there should have been 1 untimed down at the 2 yard line.

Giantsfan2012 I felt for you guys that day because I knew what it felt like to get robbed in SF since it happened to us out there and in Arizona two years ago in the wildcard playoffs.

Of course we blew a huge lead that day so it shouldnt have even come down to a last second kick, but that was the cherry on top of a craptastic game.

BackingJPP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^Actually I don't think it was a Giants' fan that brought that game up in the first place. It was AmishMafia that brought it up. So yea, we don't have to go back to that game to feel good about something; all Giants are excited about this game coming up.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And what point was made?
Well of course you played better. You won the game.

I could tell that it was the Giants who wanted it more and they would win the SB which I was happy to see.
The Giants had some exciting plays.

UCSB616

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I am clear that I think we can beat you. This game is a coin flip in my eyes.

Im just saying, to suggest that you are going to sustain dominance for 25 games is a bit unrealistic. I mean you hit a wall vs KC right? Playoffs are one and done

This game is a coin flip if you own a coin that is guaranteed to come up packers 70% of the time. The packers come in this game riding just as high as the giants, except we sustained it through an entire postseason and this season. Where you say we are due to hit a wall I say our defense is about to start playing playoff football. There shouldn't be blowout here but I'll take my qb over yours in a close game 10/10 times. I'd say I'm certain you can cover the 7.5, but a 10 point packer victory see,s far more likely all things considered.

UCSB616

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets not get too cocky here guys geez. Honestly Im much more afraid of the Giants then I am the 49ers or the Saints. Giants can slow us down with their defense, NO got torched by our offense in week one. I think we will win but it will be close.

Giants got torched by us in week 13.

UCSB616

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am in no way, shape, or form trying to blame our loss on any call from the game. Bad calls happen, we had our chances, and we didn't deliever.

Having said that, how is this not "irrefutable evidence"? A loss is a loss, and we were not good enough that day. But I'm sorry, that's a TD.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
they don't use still photos in reviews. All the moving videos make it far more debatable. Even there I argue his knee is touching the white. Again not enough to overturn.

UCSB616

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True but we played bad defensively as well. We moved the ball well, lets hope we can put up 38 or more points this Sunday.

Last time the giants were here we put up 45 so it's not like they have a lot to go onvs us defensively in the last 13 months. But hey, there's always 2007.

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you think a tie game with :58 seconds left, and winning by 3 points is torched you're either an awfully bad smack talker, or you don't know all that much about football.
I think he was talking about putting up 38 points but like you said you guys put up 35. Sunday is a new game. I just hope we can do the same. I do think the Giants will put up points as well, we just have to play better on defense. 3 weeks to prepare could help.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he was talking about putting up 38 points but like you said you guys put up 35. Sunday is a new game. I just hope we can do the same. I do think the Giants will put up points as well, we just have to play better on defense. 3 weeks to prepare could help.

Apparently MM was game planning for the Giants all along. Don't think Mike Smith was too happy when he heard about that. Not that it matters since the Falcons are trash when it matters.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^Actually I don't think it was a Giants' fan that brought that game up in the first place. It was AmishMafia that brought it up. So yea, we don't have to go back to that game to feel good about something; all Giants are excited about this game coming up.
You know, I really appreciate that you guys whipped NE in that SB. If you hadn't, we would never hear the end about the perfect season and how belecheat an tom Brady are amazing. The entire NFL and all fans are in your debt. Except NE and their fans of course. But who cares about them? So thanks!

But this year, we gotta take you out. Sorry.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, I really appreciate that you guys whipped NE in that SB. If you hadn't, we would never hear the end about the perfect season and how belecheat an tom Brady are amazing. The entire NFL and all fans are in your debt. Except NE and their fans of course. But who cares about them? So thanks!

But this year, we gotta take you out. Sorry.

it's all good. I'm sure you won't mind if we show up any way though, right? Since we have no shot what harm could it do?

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am in no way, shape, or form trying to blame our loss on any call from the game. Bad calls happen, we had our chances, and we didn't deliever.

Having said that, how is this not "irrefutable evidence"? A loss is a loss, and we were not good enough that day. But I'm sorry, that's a TD.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

It's not irrefutable because it is a two-dimensional image. You can't tell for sure in that photo if his knee is touching the ground yet or not. You can certainly say that you BELIEVE it is. Or even that it looks like it probably is. But that photo is not conclusive. And if the evidence is not conclusive, they can't overturn the call. If his knee is so much as half a centimeter off the ground, then he likely landed out of bounds. I will go so far as to say there's probably a 75% chance that it WAS a touchdown. But that's not the standard. The standard is 100% and it's 100% to take as much subjectivity as possible out of the process.

Now you can continue whining about the past or you can explain to us how the Giants are going to embarrass the Packers at home Sunday afternoon. The only thing you guys seem to say is that you're suddenly a healthy and much improved team, with complete disregard for the fact that we, too, were pretty banged going into that game and we lost 2 of our best OL during the course of it.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's all good. I'm sure you won't mind if we show up any way though, right? Since we have no shot what harm could it do?
I've never stated that. Fact - I have given you lots of kudos and respect. You racist? If a guy has a wedge of cheese on his head then you can't tell us apart? Guess thats not being a racist more of a cheese-a-phobe.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not irrefutable because it is a two-dimensional image. You can't tell for sure in that photo if his knee is touching the ground yet or not. You can't certainly say that you BELIEVE it is. Or even that it looks like it probably is. But that photo is not conclusive. And if the evidence is not conclusive, they can't overturn the call. If his knee is so much as half a centimeter off the ground, then he likely landed out of bounds. I will go so far as to say there's probably a 75% chance that it WAS a touchdown. But that's not the standard. The standard is 100% and it's 100% to take as much subjectivity as possible out of the process.

Now you can continue whining about the past or you can explain to us how the Giants are going to embarrass the Packers at home Sunday afternoon. The only thing you guys seem to say is that you're suddenly a healthy and much improved team, with complete disregard for the fact that we, too, were pretty banged going into that game and we lost 2 of our best OL during the course of it.

Thank you captain homer. Biased fan 'gon be biased.

btw read a page or two of the thread, don't recall anyone saying the Giants would "embarrass" the Packers. We have respect for your team.

Members online

Latest posts