Teams go 9-7 for a reason

Reaction score
Good point, but those are some iffy plays. Have you seen the pictures of Ballard's knee down in bounds? That was a sure touchdown which could have completely changed the game. I will agree, though, that the receiver had enough control on the TD (damn it, cant remember who it was) for it to be ruled one, so i won't get into that one.
Jennings was the one who barely got the touchdown. I agree, the Ballard one should have been a touchdown. If they called it a touchdown on the field, it wouldn't have been overturned. If they called it incomplete, (which happened) it wouldn't be overturned. It was just too close for the refs to call. Remember, the refs are not allowed to look at any slow motion plays. Only certain camera angles and full speed is allowed.

N

NYGIANTS141

Jennings was the one who barely got the touchdown. I agree, the Ballard one should have been a touchdown. If they called it a touchdown on the field, it wouldn't have been overturned. If they called it incomplete, (which happened) it wouldn't be overturned. It was just too close for the refs to call. Remember, the refs are not allowed to look at any slow motion plays. Only certain camera angles and full speed is allowed.

Someone correct me on this but I'm pretty sure they are allowed to slow mo and zoom in on plays. Don't see why they would disallow something like that.

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is all I have to say about the giants this week. I am more concerned with the Saints and 49ers.
Sometimes true, other times when you have one of the toughest schedules vs one not as tough, because of that things can get skewed.

And having 13 players on IR doesn't help. I was impressed when you guys made it, and even with the toughness of our schedule we were able to make it to the game as well.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Besides the point. It doesn't matter what kind of forum it is, you won't ever find a thread on the Giants forum disrespecting the Packers like that.

Okay, explain something to me. How is pointing out that the Giants had a 9-7 record and recognizing that the Saints and Niners are more of a threat being disrespectful?

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Someone correct me on this but I'm pretty sure they are allowed to slow mo and zoom in on plays. Don't see why they would disallow something like that.

I've never heard it said otherwise. But he was right. It was just too close to overturn it either way. It just so happened that it looked more like he was out of bounds in real time. The replay just wasn't absolutely conclusive.

BackingJPP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, explain something to me. How is pointing out that the Giants had a 9-7 record and recognizing that the Saints and Niners are more of a threat being disrespectful?

Please, you're circling around what I'm saying. Look at this thread:

"Teams go 9-7 for a reason: That is all I have to say about the Giants this week"

It is inferring, in a very condescending manner, that the Giants are nothing and the Pack will roll through them just like any other bad team. If a Falcon fan last year said teams go 10-6 for a reason with the same post, you'd take it as a personal hit against your team, AND YOU KNOW THAT. So please, don't try to tell me that it isn't disrespectful, it is. WoodChipper clearly thinks nothing about the Giants, and its ironic that he thinks Giants' fans are disrespectful when the thread he created is hypocritical in itself.

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably by overlooking us, and what the team had gone through to get to this point.

I can expect this from fans as I guarantee the football team/players don't. Ok the Giants do towards lesser teams. If they did not we could have been either a 2 or 3 seed.

N

NYGIANTS141

It's disrespectful because he is looking ahead and saying that he is more worried about a game after this one rather than this one. He is completely overlooking us. Also, see thread title.

I've never heard it said otherwise. But he was right. It was just too close to overturn it either way. It just so happened that it looked more like he was out of bounds in real time. The replay just wasn't absolutely conclusive.

Are you saying that they CAN'T use slow mo?

Yeah, I do remember it being pretty close but with the technology these days I'd expect them to get it right after looking at it multiple times.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's disrespectful because he is looking ahead and saying that he is more worried about a game after this one rather than this one. He is completely overlooking us. Also, see thread title.

I see nothing wrong with the title. Usually there ARE reasons why a team goes 9-7. Do you not agree? As for him saying he was more worried about the Saint and Niners, he was simply saying he thinks they're both better teams (a lot of people would agree with him, BTW).

Are you saying that they CAN'T use slow mo?

Yeah, I do remember it being pretty close but with the technology these days I'd expect them to get it right after looking at it multiple times.

Sorry. I mean from what I know, they CAN use slow mo. Never hard it said that they couldn't. But again, it was simply too close. If they had called it a TD on the field, they wouldn't have overturned that either.

Reaction score
The old head of officiating Mike on Fox said that they aren't allowed because of bang bang plays. You can't judge bang bang plays in slow motion supposedly.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score

I disagree with the thread title, and I disagree with overlooking the Giants. Though I believe the Packers certainly have the edge and I don't fear the Giants, I understand very well that we could lose this game if we are not up for it.

There has been some disrespect coming at us, though, and I suspect that's what Chipper is responding to (I'm sure he'll tell me if I'm wrong). It's just the natural reaction.

After what I've seen the past few days, I can hardly blame him.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm probably wrong. I do recall being able to see inside the hood and it was slow motion. They must have switched back in 09 or something, because they used to not be able to.

The only other thing I found was a bleacherreport.com article mentioning a referee watching a play multiple times in slow motion. Oh well. It's a trivial matter anyway.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Just like all the other trivia floating around ("This is JUST LIKE 2007," etc.), this doesn't mean anything, really - but I just read this on Twitter:

Since NFL went to 12-team playoff format, NFC top seeds are 18-3 in divisional games, while AFC top seeds just 12-9.

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets not get too cocky here guys geez. Honestly Im much more afraid of the Giants then I am the 49ers or the Saints. Giants can slow us down with their defense, NO got torched by our offense in week one. I think we will win but it will be close.

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys know who the worst fans are in the NFC other then Minnesota and Chicago fans. Saints fans are the absoulute worst. Read their forums, they talk so much crap. I have always liked New York Giant fans. They remind me of the Packers, blue collar hard working football team not arrogant like the entire saints team is.

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys know who the worst fans are in the NFC other then Minnesota and Chicago fans. Saints fans are the absoulute worst. Read their forums, they talk so much crap. I have always liked New York Giant fans. They remind me of the Packers, blue collar hard working football team not arrogant like the entire saints team is.
Eagles are worse while the boys and skins seem to be the most delusional of fan bases ( but thats usually a competitive match each year for the last dozen plus years lol)

passtheSALSA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really?
Here is a thread that has a quote of Rodgers that was never said (even Giant fans called him out)
http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2419788.aspx

Thread explaining that the refs helped the Packers won:
http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2417317.aspx

And random posts like this saying how the giants were missing Osi etc.
http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2420413.aspx
That's not disrespect. The referees did steal that game form the Giants, but that's a mot point because the Giants still ahd a chance to win but didn't capitalize.

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alot of people said the same thing about us last season at this time that we werent going anywhere. Lets not take the Giants lightly or we will be sitting home next week. I know we can win this game but it will be a tough one to win. I see this game being a similar game to the Bucs game. I can see the Pack winning a close one like 35-28.

Members online

Latest posts