Teams go 9-7 for a reason

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently MM was game planning for the Giants all along. Don't think Mike Smith was too happy when he heard about that. Not that it matters since the Falcons are trash when it matters.
That is good news if he was. Yep Atlanta cant win with Ryan as qb in the playoffs. Some might be overlooking you or saying you have no shot but I am treating this game as a dangerous game if we come out flat. If we come ready to play we will win but if we come out flat we will lose. I just wish Sunday would get here already.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never stated that. Fact - I have given you lots of kudos and respect. You racist? If a guy has a wedge of cheese on his head then you can't tell us apart? Guess thats not being a racist more of a cheese-a-phobe.

tongue was firmly planted in cheek. I figured you were half serious/doing a little trash talking so I was just doing the same.

I expect GB to give us everything we can handle, and (hopefully not) more.

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not irrefutable because it is a two-dimensional image. You can't tell for sure in that photo if his knee is touching the ground yet or not. You can't certainly say that you BELIEVE it is. Or even that it looks like it probably is. But that photo is not conclusive. And if the evidence is not conclusive, they can't overturn the call. If his knee is so much as half a centimeter off the ground, then he likely landed out of bounds. I will go so far as to say there's probably a 75% chance that it WAS a touchdown. But that's not the standard. The standard is 100% and it's 100% to take as much subjectivity as possible out of the process.

Now you can continue whining about the past or you can explain to us how the Giants are going to embarrass the Packers at home Sunday afternoon. The only thing you guys seem to say is that you're suddenly a healthy and much improved team, with complete disregard for the fact that we, too, were pretty banged going into that game and we lost 2 of our best OL during the course of it.
Green I dont think any giant fan has said their going to embarass us. Some on other sites are but not here. Lets please move on from that game to this one.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is all I have to say about the giants this week. I am more concerned with the Saints and 49ers.
trust me they are better than 9-7...they were hit hard with injuries all year...I know everyone has injuries but other than JPP and a few more most have missed games on defense...bradshaw missed time etc..etc...anyway the way I see it the giants are 1-0.

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im much more concerened with the Giants then I am with the 49ers or Saints. The Giants will be the true test, the Saints we have proven we can beat them already in Lambeau. If they come to Lambeau they will have a much harder time moving the ball in the cold.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the cardinals were 9-7 when they went to the SB.. I think...the giants are one of the most physical teams in the NFL I would not be suprised if Eli and the gang go out there and take one.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green I dont think any giant fan has said their going to embarass us. Some on other sites are but not here. Lets please move on from that game to this one.
nobody thinks the giants will embarass the packers..if there is a blow out it will be the packers doing it...I wouldnt count on that though...this game is going to be tight.

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the cardinals were 9-7 when they went to the SB.. I think...the giants are one of the most physical teams in the NFL I would not be suprised if Eli and the gang go out there and take one.
Hopefully you won your last game of the season lol dont take it personally. I still cant believe the Cardinals almost won it all that year. They should have.

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nobody thinks the giants will embarass the packers..if there is a blow out it will be the packers doing it...I wouldnt count on that though...this game is going to be tight.
I hate to say this but I agree with you. I hope it's a repeat of last year in Lambeau when we won 45-17 but I think it will be more like 35-28 GB. As long as we come out on top even by one point. I didnt want to see New York in the playoffs honestly but to repeat we have to beat NY.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
according to football outsiders:

The Giants are on pace to finish the season with the third-highest defensive AGL of the last decade, behind only the 2008 Lions (who went 0-16) and the 2009 Bills (who went 6-10 and got their coach fired). Through Week 14, they lost the equivalent of 58.9 games by starters to injuries. That means the Giants go into the average game missing four defensive starters and key reserves.

A little background on AGL:

At Football Outsiders, we use a metric called Adjusted Games Lost (AGL) to determine how severe a team's injury situation has been. AGL separates starters and key reserves from subs, so an injury to Umenyiora or another starter gets more weight than one to some seldom-used backup.

It also accounts for weeks when a player is listed as "questionable" or "probable" but still takes the field, so when someone like Tuck shakes off a toe injury and takes the field in a limited role, it counts as a partial injury.

AGL is a great argument settler, because it takes conversations past the "who cares about your whole linebacker corps, we lost our punt returner" stage.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
according to football outsiders:

The Giants are on pace to finish the season with the third-highest defensive AGL of the last decade, behind only the 2008 Lions (who went 0-16) and the 2009 Bills (who went 6-10 and got their coach fired). Through Week 14, they lost the equivalent of 58.9 games by starters to injuries. That means the Giants go into the average game missing four defensive starters and key reserves.

A little background on AGL:

At Football Outsiders, we use a metric called Adjusted Games Lost (AGL) to determine how severe a team's injury situation has been. AGL separates starters and key reserves from subs, so an injury to Umenyiora or another starter gets more weight than one to some seldom-used backup.

It also accounts for weeks when a player is listed as "questionable" or "probable" but still takes the field, so when someone like Tuck shakes off a toe injury and takes the field in a limited role, it counts as a partial injury.

AGL is a great argument settler, because it takes conversations past the "who cares about your whole linebacker corps, we lost our punt returner" stage.
good stuff...ru from the giants message boards..who ru?

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys finished 9-7 but should have beaten Seattle, Philly and Washington at least once. I do think the Giants overlooked those teams kinda like the Pack overlooking KC.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys finished 9-7 but should have beaten Seattle, Philly and Washington at least once. I do think the Giants overlooked those teams kinda like the Pack overlooking KC.

Their talent is better than 9-7, but as Parcell's said you are what your record says you are. So unfortunately when someone starts a thread like this, there's really not much we can say except you're not going to see a 9-7 team across the ball on Sunday. Some people will believe that (such as yourself), others won't. We'll all see come Sunday though.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the giants played down to their comp usually...they lost a miserable game to vince young and philly and they should have never lost to seattle but then again Arizona had the giants beat along with the first dallas game..you are what you are but the way this team is playing which is what all giants fans were waiting for, they will be trouble. They are as healthy as they have been all year and are one of the best road teams in the NFL.

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their talent is better than 9-7, but as Parcell's said you are what your record says you are. So unfortunately when someone starts a thread like this, there's really not much we can say except you're not going to see a 9-7 team across the ball on Sunday. Some people will believe that (such as yourself), others won't. We'll all see come Sunday though.
I think you guys are more of an 11-5 team. Atlanta was more of a 8-8 team. Like I said there were games that you guys should have won early on. It happens though. The Packers have done better the last few years in trap games.

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the giants played down to their comp usually...they lost a miserable game to vince young and philly and they should have never lost to seattle but then again Arizona had the giants beat along with the first dallas game..you are what you are but the way this team is playing which is what all giants fans were waiting for, they will be trouble. They are as healthy as they have been all year and are one of the best road teams in the NFL.
I just hope Manning doesn't show up on Sunday. He does have off days at times.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you guys are more of an 11-5 team. Atlanta was more of a 8-8 team. Like I said there were games that you guys should have won early on. It happens though. The Packers have done better the last few years in trap games.

talentwise, on paper, they are. But there is something to be said for having that professionalism where you take the field and treat the game like the most important game in the world, regardless of who you are playing. The Giants lack that. It is very frustrating to the fans. For what ever reason they don't play well unless their backs are against the wall and everyone is picking against them.

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
talentwise, on paper, they are. But there is something to be said for having that professionalism where you take the field and treat the game like the most important game in the world, regardless of who you are playing. The Giants lack that. It is very frustrating to the fans. For what ever reason they don't play well unless their backs are against the wall and everyone is picking against them.
That reminds me of back in 1997 when the 8-2 Packers played the 0-10 Colts. I even thought the Packers didnt have to show up. Well they lost 41-38 to the Colts and their backup qb Paul Justin was playing.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That reminds me of back in 1997 when the 8-2 Packers played the 0-10 Colts. I even thought the Packers didnt have to show up. Well they lost 41-38 to the Colts and their backup qb Paul Justin was playing.

That's why win or lose, you guys should really appreciate how great a 15-1 season is, especially as defending champs. Everyone is gunning for them, and they had really only 1 let down game. Typically if a season doesn't end in a SB fans sour on the season, but keeping that high standard for yourselves, even when your opponent isn't very good is not easy to do. That separates the good teams from the great.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Green I dont think any giant fan has said their going to embarass us.

A home loss after a 15-1 season would be an embarrassment.

Lets please move on from that game to this one.

Not trying to be a jerk here, but just so you know, telling people stop discussing a topic you're not interested in (regardless of how politely it is done) is NOT the way for newbies to make a good impression. If you don't like a particular discussion, you don't have to participate in it. That's the way forums work.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the niners beat the saints and I honestly think the packers will come out from the lay off rusty..thats what im hopin anyway.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think the niners beat the saints and I honestly think the packers will come out from the lay off rusty..thats what im hopin anyway.

Of course you are hoping the Giants not only win but the Niners win too. Giants fans probably have little confidence they can take down the air show in that dome in NO. The last few times they were there they have gotten embarrassed.

This is why I have strong doubts 2007 can repeat for the Giants. You have to hope that not only the Packers lose but that the Saints do too

I have a tough time seeing both Brees and Rodgers going down this weekend, they might be meant to be to meet up next weekend. With all the Rodgers/Brees debates I would like to see this thing settled with the fanbases once and for all in the big game

Rodgers vs. Brees can be the new Brady/Manning despite age differences. We need a new elite QB rivalry.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course you are hoping the Giants not only win but the Niners win too. Giants fans probably have little confidence they can take down the air show in that dome in NO. The last few times they were there they have gotten embarrassed.

This is why I have strong doubts 2007 can repeat for the Giants. You have to hope that not only the Packers lose but that the Saints do too

I have a tough time seeing both Brees and Rodgers going down this weekend, they might be meant to be to meet up next weekend. With all the Rodgers/Brees debates I would like to see this thing settled with the fanbases once and for all in the big game

Rodgers vs. Brees can be the new Brady/Manning despite age differences. We need a new elite QB rivalry.
agreed about us not wanting to see NO..not that I think we will beat GB but I think we matchup with them far better than we do with NO. Honestly if i was a packer fan id rather play the niners on the road..that team is built for the conditions..i think the saints would be easier for the packers.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
agreed about us not wanting to see NO..not that I think we will beat GB but I think we matchup with them far better than we do with NO. Honestly if i was a packer fan id rather play the niners on the road..that team is built for the conditions..i think the saints would be easier for the packers.

Playing the Saints in their dome is tough for ANY team no matter how good they are. I just find it tough to believe BOTH Rodgers and Brees get bounced this weekend. Seems hard to imagine.

I would have little confidence in the Giants winning in NO. Is it impossible....no of course not. Just so tough to win there and they seem to struggle with them a lot.

I am not sure the Saints would be easier then the Niners but you are correct, the cold might hurt the Saints a lot and it should give the Packers an edge if this game happens.

Not sure what happens with the Saints/Niners. I have been high on the Niners all year but I have a tough time expecting them to really win. Should be a good one and we will see if the Saints can really do it outside the dome.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts