Studs n duds Eagles

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes.

In todays game comparable, He’d between Henry Ruggs and Tyreek Hill.
There are certainly guys faster over the 100 year sport. John Ross, Deion Sanders, Chris Johnson, Bo Jackson, Goodwin, Moss are slightly faster.
Don't forget Darrell Green and Bob Hayes.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know. That’s why I said that he runs faster than his time.

If I recall. He ran an unofficial 4.28.
I remember seeing it was a combine run but unofficially.

Found it

Is Watson really 6'5"? I didn't think he was that tall.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
6 ' 4

And the reason hes gonna be so good is not only does he have ling speed the 4.3 he's also extremely explosive covering the 1st 10 yards in just 1.45 seconds. Thats elite like all time elite

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
6 ' 4

And the reason hes gonna be so good is not only does he have ling speed the 4.3 he's also extremely explosive covering the 1st 10 yards in just 1.45 seconds. Thats elite like all time elite
Wow I didn't know he was that tall. If he learns to high point, and with that speed (and he needs to learn to hang onto the ball) he's gonna be special.

D

Deleted member 6794

Stud:

- Nixon...this boy is a returner plain and simple.

Inagree but he needs to eliminate mistakes like on his first kickoff return.
Now maybe @captainWIMM has access to prove or disprove an observation but I think the offense has looked better the last three games or so...is it just me or are we finally seeing more pre-snap motion like MLF system typically has?

I'm sorry, I don't have any access to information about it.

I watched a segment on some sports show after the game and Luke Willson of Seattle Seahawks fame was the talking head. He said he watched the sidelines and it seemed like there was some relief when Rodgers was out of the game. Gotta say I think I agree.

I don't know what is more strange. A talking head like Willson coming up with a statement like that while never having spent a minute around Rodgers or a Packers fan believing him.

Defense-Embarrassing and pathetic; they do not for a single moment EVER play like a UNIT, and the first third down of the game exemplifies it. 3rd and long, Quay is literally positioned perfectly to be the spy on Hurts and hold him to a short gain, but it DOES NOT HAVE TO BE HIM WHO DOES IT. Literally just square up and make Hurts freeze and hesitate, the longer he takes to make a move the more time your teammates (believe it or not, you have those) have to rally to the ball carrier. What does Quay do? Precisely what you cannot do, lunges at him fruitlessly and whiffs, allowing him a quick, sudden move to pick up an easy first. Funnel him to your teammates. You are allowed to do that. Quay is supposed to be this smart, quick, athletic open-field linebacker, he was arguably the worst player on the field.

Quay is making mistakes but in my opinion he has developed nicely over the course of the season. He's definitely not the worst player on the defense.

Good point. Ideally the QB on this team is a game manager and Rodgers has never done that. I’m sure that goes against his instincts. Then again, he’s getting no help from the D.

It would be a waste of talent to ask Rodgers to solely be a game manager.

So O'Donnell is late on setting the ball and Crosby gets all the blame?

Crosby can't get a kickoff within 10 yards of the end zone anymore. He needs to finally be replaced next year.

To be fair Amari had it, but NOT when returning. Some of the best runners simply SUCK at returning - Amari SUCKED at returning period. LOL

Amari didn't do much better as a receiver either.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what is more strange. A talking head like Willson coming up with a statement like that while never having spent a minute around Rodgers or a Packers fan believing him.
All you had to do was watch the sideline. I saw it too and his take agreed with my initial impression. So that's 2 against 1. Me and Luke. Chalk up another w for totalcool.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget Darrell Green and Bob Hayes.

Yes, old Bob Hayes. I believe when he competed in track he ran the 100 yard dash in 9.1? And we knew him as the world's fastest human at the time.

Reaction score
6 ' 4

Yeah just a smidge over 6’4”
I’m beginning to see Doubs/Watson as great potential. We are quite possibly one more Round 1-early Round 2 type WR from having a formidable, but young grouping. If we added a good WR in the mold of a CeeDee Lamb in the later teens draft board? (banking an extra 2nd Rounder or 2024 1st Rounder) I’d be happy.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah just a smidge over 6’4”
I’m beginning to see Doubs/Watson as great potential. We are quite possibly one more Round 1-early Round 2 type WR from having a formidable, but young grouping. If we added a good WR in the mold of a CeeDee Lamb in the later teens draft board? (banking an extra 2nd Rounder or 2024 1st Rounder) I’d be happy.
They might be able to get TE Mayer from ND.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They may have been counted but they weren't certified.
I'll vote with Green n Gold - Everyone watching this miserable season saw Rodgers in obvious pain Sunday night and took a sigh of relief when he went out. Not because we wanted him to come out, but because he needed to before he got more punishment.

And I now certify the vote. 3-2. Polls are now closed.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have the best lawyers in Garfield Ridge on stand by to go to court and overturn this vote.

Reaction score
I'll vote with Green n Gold - Everyone watching this miserable season saw Rodgers in obvious pain Sunday night and took a sigh of relief when he went out. Not because we wanted him to come out, but because he needed to before he got more punishment.

And I now certify the vote. 3-2. Polls are now closed.
Rodgers will play. I would’ve rather had Love play because I think he can beat the Bears in a Defensive “bounce back” Game.

Also next week is our bye so Rodgers would’ve had 3 weeks to heal up. If we were still mathematically in play for postseason I would’ve brought back a refreshed #12 after the Bye.
Just my opinion.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers will play. I would’ve rather had Love play because I think he can beat the Bears in a Defensive “bounce back” Game.

Also next week is our bye so Rodgers would’ve had 3 weeks to heal up. If we were still mathematically in play for postseason I would’ve brought back a refreshed #12 after the Bye.
Just my opinion.
Makes a lot of sense. I would hope that they could beat the Bears with Love.

D

Deleted member 6794

He wasn't implying the team was happy that Rodgers went out because they were concerned for his health though.

Latest posts