Studs n duds Eagles

Reaction score
Studs:
Jordan Love.
Great confidence and looked totally in control. I saw just 2 throws that weren’t dimes and 1 was still caught. Please Give this kid a 5 game look and let him get some rhythm. #12 needs to heal up.

Nixon. I had no idea he was that jukey and quick. Nobody has more fight in him than that kid tonight. He’s a keeper.

Dud.
Barry should be gone after this season. I’ve seen all I’ve needed to see it’s bordering on embarrassing. He just gave the Eagles the most rushing yards in team History! That is just humiliating when you look at the resources we poured into this Defense. Did he really not think Hurts would test the run game??? Unacceptable from every possible angle.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Jordan Love.
Great confidence and looked totally in control. I saw just 2 throws that weren’t dimes and 1 was still caught. Please Give this kid a 5 game look and let him get some rhythm. #12 needs to heal up.

Nixon. I had no idea he was that jukey and quick.

Dud.
Barry should be gone after this season. I’ve seen all I’ve needed to see it’s bordering on embarrassing. He just gave the Eagles the most rushing yards in team History! That is just humiliating when you look at the resources we poured into this Defense. Unacceptable
Is it scheme though? I saw alot of missed tackles, I saw alot of the front 7 getting manhandled...to me that speaks to the Defense having no balls.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love it was NOTICEABLE, his throwing motion, release time and accuracy GREATLY improved. Also his footwork, not much throwing off back foot . He looked terrific

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love it was NOTICEABLE, his throwing motion, release time and accuracy GREATLY improved. Also his footwork, not much throwing off back foot . He looked terrific
Rodgers did say he's a completely different QB this year.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe we should just get UDFAs to start on D because they are usually better than our top D picks, usually (Savage)

Wasn't Shields a UDFA

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we just saw what we have in him...very reminiscent of that Dallas game way back when.

Aaron Jones had the drop on the sideline. The other one to Cobb wasnt a bad throw either just a tight window. Love missed the throw in the end zone to Watson that should of gone to Lazard for the td.

I think he was taking the clock into consideration on the throw to Watson. Get a TD there and you save a timeout. No guarantee Lazard would have scored. I'm fine with that decision. He threw it where only Watson had a chance at it but just a couple feet too far right.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he was taking the clock into consideration on the throw to Watson. Get a TD there and you save a timeout. No guarantee Lazard would have scored. I'm fine with that decision. He threw it where only Watson had a chance at it but just a couple feet too far right.
Plus that would have had to have been a perfect over the shoulder throw to Lazard on the sideline..

That or the post/crosser to Watson-- throw it low, let Watson dive for it, keep it away from danger

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Luke Fickell of Cincinatti accepted the Wisconsin HC job. Shocked me. I expected Leonhard to get it.

Luke Fickell of Cincinatti accepted the Wisconsin HC job. Shocked me. I expected Leonhard to get it.
Oh wow. I hadn't heard. Maybe now we can finally can Berry and hire Leonard to be our DC.

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Dillon, Jones, Watson, Cobb, Love
Duds: MLF, Murphy, Barry, Rodgers, All of Defense, Crosby

Crosby has to go

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
False. Do Nixon's kick returns not count for stud consideration? He pretty much single-handedly kept them in the game with good field position.
Did you miss the part that said "almost"? But I should have put Nixon also in the "Stud" category. Although he was part of the defense that let Philly run for over 360 yards. His return game was great, but (even though he's in the secondary) the whole defense has to take a "L" for tonight's game. I mean did Philly even punt more than twice all game?

D

Deleted member 6794

Jordan Love was exceptional.

Small sample size, but can't hold that against him. That was a great handful of snaps from him.

I agree that Love played very well but you need to consider the Eagles played a pretty vanilla scheme at that point in the game. I want the Packers to start him moving forward for the rest of the season to be able to fairly evaluate him before having to make a decision on exercising the fifth year option on him.

I think we just saw what we have in him...very reminiscent of that Dallas game way back when.

Aaron Jones had the drop on the sideline. The other one to Cobb wasnt a bad throw either just a tight window. Love missed the throw in the end zone to Watson that should of gone to Lazard for the td

Overall very encouraging...I think you pick up the option

I won't say we know full stop about Love after tonight, but yeah you need to pick up the option because we know more on the positive side than we did at halftime.

It's a far too small sample size to make an educated decision on the fifth year option at this point.

Barry should be gone after this season. I’ve seen all I’ve needed to see it’s bordering on embarrassing. He just gave the Eagles the most rushing yards in team History! That is just humiliating when you look at the resources we poured into this Defense. Did he really not think Hurts would test the run game??? Unacceptable from every possible angle.

I wouldn't have allowed Barry on the plane back to Green Bay after yesterday's game.

Do Nixon's kick returns not count for stud consideration? He pretty much single-handedly kept them in the game with good field position.

That's completely wrong.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud:

- Joe Barry (already wanted him fired, I'm getting close to driving to GB to boycott his presence at this point)
- Aaron Rodgers...that broke thumb even before the other injury is impacting throws time to time and it just isn't there.
- Tackling...this team was in position to make plays at times and whiffed.
- Rasul Douglas, not a man outside corner.

Stud:

- Nixon...this boy is a returner plain and simple.
- Dillon and Jones...both were special outside of Jones one sideline dropped pass. This duo is special.
- Enagbare continues to show out as a Day 3 rookie shouldn't and worth mentioning.
- Love did just about everything you could have hoped he would and nearly more.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Dud:

- Joe Barry (already wanted him fired, I'm getting close to driving to GB to boycott his presence at this point)
- Aaron Rodgers...that broke thumb even before the other injury is impacting throws time to time and it just isn't there.

Stud:

- Dillon and Jones...both were special outside of Jones one sideline dropped pass. This duo is special.
- Enagbare continues to show out as a Day 3 rookie shouldn't and worth mentioning.
This is pretty much my take on it too. It's easy to pile on the duds due to an atrocious defensive effort. However, there was some good in that game.

I would only add Watson and Walker to the stud list. Walker just keeps getting better and is in on a lot of plays. Both those guys are hits from this past draft.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud:

Stud:

Agree with much of this but I’m not sure I’d call Rodgers a dud. Certainly no stud but two TDs and that second INT was on Taylor (Benkert agreed with me!). Not a great game but certainly not Joe Barry or Douglas level bad.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True. Those were the improvements that Love needed to make too though
I agree. We've been waiting long enough for a first round pick. But hey he played great last night with no notice. I'm a skeptic and I was very impressed. And on a side note, Watson is starting to look like the real deal, finally.

And now I'm sure they'll let Rodgers heal with the playoffs gone. Pride is up for grabs. Let Love show the he visor is not an NFL starter. I not only expect him to play well, I expect him to win. No points for a solid performance in a loss. This team has lost enough and decisions will be made about Love at the end of the year. Cut him loose and winning is the only measure.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey everyone I have a question about how the D played near the end of the 1st half. The Packers had just sacked Hurts, leaving the Eagles with 3rd and 14. GB even took a time out anticipating getting the ball back.

The Eagles split WRs left and right and they were covered by Alexander at the bottom of the screen and I assume Douglas at the top. These corners started about 3 yards off the LOS, and then started to back track, and back track, and back track until they were standing at the first down marker.

Hurts snaps the ball, the WR Alexander was covering runs a short curl route, takes the ball and takes off with Alexander eight yards away. The WR runs to the middle of the field, easily getting past Alexander, and is tackled by I think an ILB, leaving 4th and about a foot. And on that play the Packers showed blitz but dropped the ILBs into coverage. There was nowhere for Hurts to throw over the middle.

WTF! Why were the receivers given such a cushion? Did the Packer corners think it was 4th down and they were playing prevent? Is that what then DC thought? Of course the Eagles got the first down and 7 points before half. And they won by 7 points.

I've seen this all year. I don't know if they start in man and drop to zone, but with athletic corners why not challenge the receivers at the LOS and play man?

Someone tell me they share the frustration, or why I'm not looking at this correctly.

Members online

Latest posts