1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Studs duds viking game

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Nov 23, 2014.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
  2. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +437
    I don't feel like there were many players who played that well, or played that badly.

Studs-
    Lacy
    Oline
    Rodgers
    Crosby

Duds-
    Hawk
    Adams

3. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +504
    duds:
    mike neal
    davante adams
    aside from a few redeeming plays, micah hyde
    aj hawk

lacy was *the* stud, and everyone else that wasn't a dud was pretty decent too

4. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +517
    Lacy the stud. He's the reason Packers won the game.

The Packers secondary were duds today. Letting those receivers get that open that much is inexcusable. Only Bridgewater's downfield inaccuracy saved the Pack from a humiliating upset.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +437
    Agreed, that won't cut it against Brady next week.

6. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    Disagree, the two touchdowns were blown coverage on the first and a slip on the second but we had several plays that were very close to being picked. The Vikes are no slouch O. I think they are going to be our main competition in the next couple of years as the Lions start to shed players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,922
    Bridgewater only had 210 yards passing and had a pick and didn't have any huge plays.

Secondary had some poor moments, like Tramon in the endzone and the Vikings last TD, but overall an average game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +845
    Tramon was impeded on an obvious pick play. I guess that's legal now because I haven't seen it called in a long time.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,922
    That's true. That was a blatant pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    Studs:
    The Vikings. Yes, the Vikings.
    Their defense for a losing team managed to do what no other losing team did.
    Stop our runs, keep any big pass plays from happening and kept it to a close game.

Duds:
    The Packers. Yes, the Packers.
    We didn't have a break out game like we have been having recently.
    I wasn't expecting a blow out but I wasn't expecting a close game either. At least we won.
    Watching this close game has me very worried about playing the Patsies next week and how deep we will go in the playoffs.
    I will most likely pick the Pack to win because they are my team and I expect them to somehow pull it off and it fortunately is in Curly's house.
    Thank god it is, otherwise I would not think we could win in Boston.

Hopefully we will see a totally different Packers team at Curly's place then what we saw today going up against a stronger team.

11. Dagger85

Dagger85 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +207
    Studs:
    Lacy. He was a beast today and I read that he was even sick.
    Rodgers. If him having 2 touchdowns and a 109.7 passer rating is an "average" game, then we should be pretty happy.
    The TEs. Great job today.
    Mason Crosby. Hit a huge FG to put us back up by 4
    OLine. Hard to have as good of game as Lacy did without giving them credit.
    Tim Masthay. Way to rebound after some problems last week.

Duds:
    At times the team stalled and we were pretty flat, so overall, a few people had "off" moments, but nothing just huge.

-------

Good teams find ways to win and you aren't going to always win by double digits (despite what some people may expect) 8-3 overall, 4-1 in the division and sitting in 1st place currently holding the #2 seed. I love where we are at right now.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Packer Fan in SD

Packer Fan in SD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +85
    I haven't seen the replay, but as it happened it looked like he not only was the victim of a pick, but the ref picked him too.

13. nlferts

nlferts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Dud: Red zone defense. Green Bay literally got beat by the same play on Minnesota's last touchdown, allowing them to creep within 3. That can't happen.

14. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,294
    Have to clean up the coverages and forGoodness sakes find a way to cover tightends. I see Gronk having a huge game. AJ Hawk is so bad Brad Jones is seeing time on passing downs! We have got to find a mlb in next years draft. Maybe even early as first round. Resign Raji for cheap so we don't have to take a dt early and go ilb again!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. PackwillBEback

PackwillBEback Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    Studs:
    1) Lacy-Running it to end it. Won it!
    2) Rodgers-Normal self. A couple forced throws that could have been picked, but otherwise normal self.
    3) Rodgers-Way to make himself open on the Touchdown pass from Rodgers.
    4) Crosby and Masthay
    5) Peppers

Duds:
    1) Tramon-Got beat horribly multiple times, had one good deflection, but then engaged the WR instead of going for the tipped ball
    2) Neal-just his normal idiot self
    3) Hawk-just slow in the chase
    4) Matthews-Like Tramon, one nice deflection (at least he went for it), but otherwise he looked like a slow AJ Hawk
    5) McCarthy-Continually clueless in regards to challenging.

16. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +441
    Denzel Perryman = bye bye Hawk. Erick Kendricks(UCLA) can move well and get sideline to sideline as well. Probably would be able to get either of those guys in the 2nd round the way it sits now but very early and that could change depending on where we end up drafting.

17. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +504
    bernardrick mckinney and shaq thompson are both guys that could play inside and warrant 1st round selections at this point. shaq is freaky athletic. i do love denzel perryman though. dunno about kendricks. he's almost built more like a big safety than an ilb. shaq's kinda slight too though.

but yeah, i don't really care. we need someone new. so desperate i just don't care who lol

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  18. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +441
    Yeah that's why I think Perryman is the best prospect as I see him as a 3 down ILB and is built thicker and is stronger then Kendricks. Mckinney has the upside but I am not sure he equates to a true ILB at next level. Also, I have watched him play several times and he seems to lack natural instincts at the position IMO. Shaq is a freaky athlete but Perryman isn't a bad athlete either as he has clocked 4.5's in 40. I figure that's about a half second faster then Hawk. lol

Lastly, Perryman is a punisher which we need in the middle.

Get Perryman in there between Clay and Peppers.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  19. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +845
    Patriots only beat the Jets by 2. Should they be worried too? It's the NFL and every team is comprised of professionals. Regardless of the final score, there was never a point where I felt like the Packers were out of control.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. searmh

searmh Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    studs- lacy

duds- too many penalties

21. Mklangelo

Mklangelo Feng Shui Debunker

Ratings:
    +175
    They sure didn't stop Lacy, so I don't think they stopped our runs. Now they did stop Kuhn and Starks for sure, but Lacy was plenty enough.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +845
    Yeah I don't think 5 ypc qualifies as being stopped unless you're expecting a 8ypc average.

23. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +106
    I don't remember who it was, but the safety/corner that intercepted the 4th down pass 20-30 yards down field instead of just knocking on down.. That was pretty dudsy.
    It ended up coming back on the PI penalty, but still, gotta keep your head in the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Mklangelo

Mklangelo Feng Shui Debunker

Ratings:
    +175
    I think 4 yards per carry is respectable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +437
    Morgan Burnett. Absolutely stupid. He was looking to pad his stats rather than help the team.