Studs And Duds: Packers @ Giants

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs...GBPs for once again playing without starters, making no excuses and just winning! 12-0!

Dud...Peprah getting burned twice on the 1st TD scored by the Giants.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Jordy - Makes incredible catches. Those aren't routine grabs.

Dud: Finley obviously but I'm gonna throw Crosby out there. How long was his missed FG yesterday? Seems the 2 he's missed this season have been pretty routine, but maybe yesterday's was longer than i thought.

A third Dud: Tramon Williams - Everytime that guy's on my TV he's laying on the ground or 10 yards from the person he's guarding.

Reaction score
Studs:

Aaron Rodgers - nuf said
Jordy Nelson - playing at pro bowl level
Donald Driver - man has still got game
Clay Mathews - Pick 6, sack, forced fumble and created havoc all day.

Duds:
Finley - You want to be paid then **** and catch the ball
OL - in particular Marshall Newhouse was horrible. Need to keep the franchise health. He's taking to many hits!
Defense/Capers - Besides Clay Mathews the defense was terrible again. The DL has been non-existent. Capers has got to come up with a scheme that will work. They blitz and EVERYONE gets stonewalled.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? The people on here always cry about the refs, yet they didn't even know that ball was live. That is friggin hilarious. I was shouting the whole time, live ball...live ball. Not one official whistled or signaled dead ball....amazing how nobody noticed this on the field (or the fans).

Anyways how can you say the refs were duds? Every replay call wen our way. We got some huge illegal contact and pass interference calls. Inconsistent? How so. That's ridiculously uneducated.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's defenses less talented than us and they play better.

Clay Matthews is seriously the only guy on defense doing his job.
The secondary has just sucked this entire season.... idk what's up.
It's annoying not having any pride in your defense... must be how the jets feel with their offense.

stud: Aaron Rodgers and ... kuhn?
It's so easy to dismiss the good stuff someone or a group does. Even in football.

In this case, it's that they lead the league in interceptions and they do come through and hold teams back from getting too far ahead of the Packers.
This D-Fence has yet to let any other team outscore the Pack.
That in itself is quite a feat.

mcoomer146

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to give a BIG STUD shout out to Jordy. Big time players make big time plays in big time games at big time moments. He is MR CLUTCH!

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Studs

Matthews
DJ Smith
Nelson
Rodgers
Driver

Duds-

The entire secondary

Finley (drops are becoming an issue but he still made some clutch receptions) the drops are an issue that can be fixed and I believe they will be. I will defend Finley to the death as much as people on here don't seem to like him, he is a very important piece to our offense. He's the only offensive weapon we have that teams will gameplan for and that means double coverage. That in itself makes him invaluable, that is something that you simply cannot improve in a player.

Yeah I know we won a superbowl without him, but his presence is something that adds an element to our offense that we didn't have for most of the season and makes our offense even better. Finley stretches the field, he is important, he is not expendable and we do need him. I don't care if he drops 5 passes a game, he's creating opportunities for guys like Jordy, Greg and James to get open. You can't teach that or replace that with anyone on our roster

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? The people on here always cry about the refs, yet they didn't even know that ball was live. That is friggin hilarious. I was shouting the whole time, live ball...live ball. Not one official whistled or signaled dead ball....amazing how nobody noticed this on the field (or the fans).

Anyways how can you say the refs were duds? Every replay call wen our way. We got some huge illegal contact and pass interference calls. Inconsistent? How so. That's ridiculously uneducated.

Dude, you aren't here to make any friends, are you? I just read another post where you jumped down Stylz's throat telling him that he is always whining about the refs, when his post really had nothing to do with whining. Now on this thread, you do the same while patting yourself on the back thinking you're the only person who recognized it was a live ball during the BJ pickup play.

How's the weather up there on your high horse?

mcoomer146

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude, you aren't here to make any friends, are you? I just read another post where you jumped down Stylz's throat telling him that he is always whining about the refs, when his post really had nothing to do with whining. Now on this thread, you do the same while patting yourself on the back thinking you're the only person who recognized it was a live ball during the BJ pickup play.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I'm on my high horse, it's cold and lonely.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Nobody wants to be my friend here :(.

I may be on a high horse, but for good reason. Some ridiculousness goes on around here regarding the officiating. Nobody else gets criticized for doing their job like officials. I don't see the whining and crying and to the degree when our secondary allows 50 yard passes time in and time out. Also I find it wholly unacceptable players quit on plays like these. Is it that much effort to pick up the ball and run with it? Absolutely not. Players simply don't know a quarter of the rules...knowing the rules goes a LONG way. Same thing when the Packers have intercepted a ball at the end of games, they never go to the ground....they try to run it out or they think they are automatically down or something (see last year playoffs versus Eagles and Bears, as well as this year versus CHargers...stupid plays).

I do give McCarthy credit for knowing the rules...he's on top of it (if you can remember the Mason Crosby free kick field goal attempt from 67-9 yards out?? something like that tha the he missed by a yard into the wind...).

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've heard people say some bad things about him in this thread, but I just watched the game for the third time. Tramon Williams made a number of outstanding plays and generally kept his opponents from getting open. He made a top notch deflection in the endzone on Nicks, just like the end of the Super Bowl. He certainly wasn't perfect but he's no Jarrett Bush in coverage.

I think an important thing for everyone to keep in mind is that we lost one safety last year, Burnett. We missed his ball hawking skills but Peprah was a relatively solid replacement. We lost one safety this year but Collins had been so instrumental to coverages and pre-snap player movements. Peprah and Burnett just can't replace that veteran presence at the safety position and the result is a lot of confusion and gaps in coverage. We're also not getting good pressure up front to force quicker throws. So while it's easy to say that the secondary sucks, they are in a hard spot. Next man up is all well and good but it's another thing to replace experience.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Nobody wants to be my friend here :(.

I may be on a high horse, but for good reason. Some ridiculousness goes on around here regarding the officiating.

Now, remember... this IS a fan forum where most of us are "fan"-atics for our GB Packers. As all fanatics do, we tend to see things through rosy colored glasses and complain when the call goes against us, but turn a blind eye when a bad call goes our way. But, it isn't really that bad here. Most of the usual posters are fairly even keeled and accept that the refs blow calls on both sides.

Also I find it wholly unacceptable players quit on plays like these. Is it that much effort to pick up the ball and run with it? Absolutely not. ...Same thing when the Packers have intercepted a ball at the end of games, they never go to the ground....they try to run it out or they think they are automatically down or something

Now this is a whole different topic. On the topic of you jumping down people's throats for little reason, I disagree with you. But, on this one, I agree. Nothing drives me more nuts that seeing the CB who just made a potentially game ending INT try to run it back for a score rather than taking a knee. Or, on a 4th down desperation throw, defenders trying to intercept the ball, rather than bat it down.

I don't necessarily think it is always due to a lack of knowledge of the rules, rather sometimes it just might be = pumped up adrenalin coupled with a young professional athlete's ego.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't necessarily think it is always due to a lack of knowledge of the rules, rather sometimes it just might be = pumped up adrenalin coupled with a young professional athlete's ego.
Depending on the player it's usually one or the other

gopackgo12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
STUDS
-Aaron. Duh.
-Donald. The old mans turn to step up.
-Clay. His havoc is finally showing up on the stat sheet.
-Jordy. Clutch.

DUDS
-Newhouse. Ugh, am I the only one wondering why there isn't more Derek Sherrod talk? He can't be worse.
-Peprah. Well the whole secondary was abysmal, but Peprah really stood out as exceptionally bad.
-DLine. Im cheating here, but Im so sick of not getting any rush whatsoever from our DLine. Its apparent that DE will be our #1 need heading into the off season (In February ;).

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts