Studs and duds KC

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to admit that I was surprised and not happy when Love missed on the very first throw of the game. I could have made that throw (if I warmed up for an hour before). And that throw in the dirt to Dillon. He caught it but it should have been an easy throw. Love needs to calm down just a bit (or a lot). And what was all that grabbing his helmut on the line of scrimmage. It looked stupid and I don't think it did any good. Glad he stopped doing it.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the guy has talent we will see but if you are willing to go out there and show the coaches you have what it takes you don't miss those throws.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I have to admit that I was surprised and not happy when Love missed on the very first throw of the game. I could have made that throw (if I warmed up for an hour before). And that throw in the dirt to Dillon. He caught it but it should have been an easy throw. Love needs to calm down just a bit (or a lot). And what was all that grabbing his helmut on the line of scrimmage. It looked stupid and I don't think it did any good. Glad he stopped doing it.
No doubt his nerves showed and got to him. I can't think of many people who wouldn't of been nervous, just the venue alone would do that, but given the circumstances surrounding the start, he may have been wearing Depends.

Reaction score
Surprised no memes with a radio in his hand requesting target coordinates or air support.
Yes. He had attempted calling the local police for disorderly and attempted aggravated assault, but they told them that the department had been de-funded.
There were likely some calls being made to the Hunt family for mercy also, his helmet was picking up arbitrary frequencies of throwback, Hunt families “Life Line” Radio broadcasts in between assaults.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. He had attempted calling the local police for disorderly and attempted aggravated assault, but they told them that the department had been de-funded.
There were likely some calls being made to the Hunt family for mercy also, his helmet was picking up arbitrary frequencies of throwback, Hunt families “Life Line” Radio broadcasts in between assaults.
Not sure the Hunt's are that merciless so i'm sure they sent in their support team of social workers and counselors to patch up some boo boos and bruised egos.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have to say the D was very Studly last night, and gave us a huge chance to win the game

Unsurprisingly the O was not in sync. would have hoped Love played better, but he is essentially a rookie, and I for one am not going to right him off after one game.

ST, just WTF!!!!!

how much of a difference does it make when the laces are in? the first miss looked like the laces were at the side and shouldn't have affected Crosby

Albert Park

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chiefs were there for the taking. Our D did a superb job keeping us in the game so long. Just a shame the ST weren't on the same wavelength.

Some of the play calling was a bit suspect as well. Surely after the Chiefs blitzed Love that many times in the 4th they could have adapted the play to quickly pass over them down the center. Or is that too simplistic.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay. Let me dig in a little on Jordan Love.

He obviously played with a calmness, at least in his demeanor. But you could tell he was very jittery early on. He literally did not make a single impact play before the touchdown drive in the 4th. A couple of dump downs to Dillon, and an answered prayer to Cobb on a Favre like heave down the field.

Made a lot of pretty awful throws. I didn't expect him to be Rodgers. I didn't even really expect him to be average. But a season a half into his career, I'm not sure there's much of an excuse for him to look the way he did.

Didn't get a lot of help from the offensive line, in fairness. But he had enough clean pockets to make good throws and he just didn't make many good ones.

Though he played with a calmness, I thought he played with almost zero energy. No enthusiasm. No excitement. That's not what you want from your quarterback.

I'm not writing his NFL obituary, but that was a pretty bad outing for him.

I noticed that too. Not sure if that his part of his personality to deal with being nervous but he showed no zest or energy to show the coaches he wanted to be out there.

I don't want to beat up on the guy since he is already dealing with critics on his sub par performance for his first outing but you gotta go out there no matter the situation. He could be that little gem that just needs to be polished to shine but I was very deflated and didn't see any promise in that game.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
how much of a difference does it make when the laces are in? the first miss looked like the laces were at the side and shouldn't have affected Crosby
Have you ever golfed or played baseball....or I guess...kicked FG's?

Just like a lot of sports, you have routines, ways of doing things and probably some superstitions. So yes, a lot of it might be in our heads, blue tees make the ball travel further, "Titleist" facing up, so I can read it, etc. Basically, you find ways of doing things that work for you, even though there are a 1000 other ways to go about it. Just speaking for Mason Crosby and even the holder, they may expect something that is done by the others to be done in a specific way, if not, it messes with them.

I would have to watch it closer, but that second FG that was blocked, it was a high snap, so it may have thrown Bozo's timing off AND the front lines did not hold up at all, guys were pouring in.

I used to kick FG's in a park near by, just for S&G's. It isn't as easy as it looks, even with no rush and on a tee.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you ever golfed or played baseball....or I guess...kicked FG's?

Just like a lot of sports, you have routines, ways of doing things and probably some superstitions. So yes, a lot of it might be in our heads, blue tees make the ball travel further, "Titleist" facing up, so I can read it, etc. Basically, you find ways of doing things that work for you, even though there are a 1000 other ways to go about it. Just speaking for Mason Crosby and even the holder, they may expect something that is done by the others to be done in a specific way, if not, it messes with them.

I would have to watch it closer, but that second FG that was blocked, it was a high snap, so it may have thrown Bozo's timing off AND the front lines did not hold up at all, guys were pouring in.

I used to kick FG's in a park near by, just for S&G's. It isn't as easy as it looks, even with no rush and on a tee.
Yes. It can make a difference especially on a windy day. Now a FG from 20-28 you can get away with it. 40 was long enough to just effect it. The second kick looked like it was headed straight to start but Kelly missed his block and Crosby had almost no chance to get it through. He did make the extra point from 33. So something worked.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Through all the bickering about whether love sucks or not, the one thing that should be being talked about twice as much as Love and Crosby is that MF’s game plan was horrendous. He called the game like Rodgers was his QB and did nothing to slow down the blitz

Reaction score
Not sure the Hunt's are that merciless so i'm sure they sent in their support team of social workers and counselors to patch up some boo boos and bruised egos.
Oh trust me. You wouldn’t believe me if I told you what granddaddy H.L. was involved in during the 50’s-70’s. He made the DC snipers look like ***** cats and I’ll let you do that research yourself.
I don’t need to end up missing after a nice meal like Hoffa or at a Dallas, Memphis or LA Coroners office.
It is however very interesting how the city of KC was selected in the merger.
H.L.’s right hand man (who self admittedly had zero to do with oil, diamonds or anything football related but was asked to make executive decisions on all of those) was told once again to get involved as Hunt didn’t like anyone who might pose a conflict of interest in his affairs and only trusted someone he thought was somewhat deficient. His helper then went to his adjoining office and researched where radio stations were located throughout the country (Hunt owned “Life Line” and used it as a propaganda launchpad)
Old Currington then crossed that with populations of cities and crossed that with cities without a professional Football team close by. The Dallas Texans became the Cowboys and Chiefs shortly afterwards. What today would take a firm of knowledgeable lawyers and millions in resources to research, was made possible over one simple man eating a Baloney sandwich for his lunch hour. And that my friends… is the rest of the story (Tipping my hat to Paul Harvey)

Packermudgeon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Say something new and interesting and I might read it. You came in telling everyone you were disappointed with Love yesterday. Then you throw out the "oh by the way, I knew he was a bad pick when it happened." How can you be disappointed in something, that you were already disappointed in?

You appear to be one of these implacable Packer fans, that only like to complain, because you think it makes you sound smart.
Hmm...sounds a bit like confirmation bias to me.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh trust me. You wouldn’t believe me if I told you what granddaddy H.L. was involved in during the 50’s-70’s. He made the DC snipers look like ***** cats and I’ll let you do that research yourself.
I don’t need to end up missing after a nice meal like Hoffa or at a Dallas, Memphis or LA Coroners office.
It is however very interesting how the city of KC was selected in the merger.
H.L.’s right hand man (who self admittedly had zero to do with oil, diamonds or anything football related but was asked to make executive decisions on all of those) was told once again to get involved as Hunt didn’t like anyone who might pose a conflict of interest in his affairs and only trusted someone he thought was somewhat deficient. His helper then went to his adjoining office and researched where radio stations were located throughout the country (Hunt owned “Life Line” and used it as a propaganda launchpad)
Old Currington then crossed that with populations of cities and crossed that with cities without a professional Football team close by. The Dallas Texans became the Cowboys and Chiefs shortly afterwards. What today would take a firm of knowledgeable lawyers and millions in resources to research, was made possible over one simple man eating a Baloney sandwich for his lunch hour. And that my friends… is the rest of the story (Tipping my hat to Paul Harvey)
Just so we are clear, Hunts... I was laughing at the defund the police bit, which was funny btw. No hard feelings, Hunts.

With that said. Old, love Paul Harvey! Always listened to him on my way home. Speaking of dynasties(get the reference or was it Dallas?) will try to catch that new movie with Al Pacino in Gucci. Not sure if that is a satire take but seems funny and interesting.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just so we are clear, Hunts... I was laughing at the defund the police bit, which was funny btw. No hard feelings, Hunts.

With that said. Old, love Paul Harvey! Always listened to him on my way home. Speaking of dynasties(get the reference?) will try to catch that new movie with Al Pacino in Gucci. Not sure if that is a satire take but seems funny and interesting.
Yes! Interestingly enough, my work Comrade (he’s older than me at 65) and myself just yesterday named nearly every worthwhile person on the show Dallas, then started on Dynasty before we got interrupted.
He lived near Dallas and he told me his X wife knew the daughter of Rays wife and actually appeared on an episode as a fill in actress. She was talking to Sue Ellen in the background of a scene. True story.

I liked Lucy and Sammy Jo Carrington myself. Of course I had horrible taste because I had a crush on Kristie McNichol! Ewww!
However.. I was a Stud
She was a Dud ;)

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Defense. Dillion. Lazard. Jones for effort.

Duds: Offense...although a lot of that could be attributed to Love. Wow! It's hard for me to tell if he is any good or not. For someone they kept saying was calm, he sure looked terrified.

LaFleur will always take the blame and maybe some of it was on his play calls, but to tell the truth, to me, the team just looked 'off'. Not having Rodgers in there looked like it threw them for a loop.

The special teams is a disaster. So much for seeing an improvement this year. I don't know that cutting the snapper was such a good idea.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Through all the bickering about whether love sucks or not, the one thing that should be being talked about twice as much as Love and Crosby is that MF’s game plan was horrendous. He called the game like Rodgers was his QB and did nothing to slow down the blitz

When you have an inexperienced QB like Love you want to show run a lot and do a lot of max protect against a Spags coordinated defense. Force 4 defenders to cover 3 wide receivers and make sure you can match up their rushers with blockers. A seasoned QB will figure that sort of stuff out while a rookie or first time starter will be more likely to struggle. Rodgers will almost always hit the hot route against that sort of pass rush while Love just couldn't.

During Rodgers 2008 season MM pretty much restricted him to throwing to one side of the field throughout much of the season. Floods galore to slow the game down for him. Ideally you would have a veteran center, we had Lucas Patrick, who could also call out protection calls.
Hopefully Lafleur sees more in Love than what was seen yesterday which I hope is promising for the future for the Packs. That is the only reasoning I can think of in terms of the game plan he had yesterday for Love. I'm assuming he was trying to catch KC by surprise by allowing Love to play in the pocket since we had our receivers available. Boy was that hard to watch. Like watching someone play hot potato. Chess game was lost yesterday in that regard.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: Special Teams...Hey Bojourquez...LACES OUT DAN!

Studs: Jordan Love...yes he was 7-13 for 92 yards in the first half but let's be honest...we saw Rodgers perform worse in the 1st half just this year!

Defense: They went out and gave up 13 points on the road to the team that was in the Superbowl last year...after losing their best player on Defense right before halftime and STARTING the game with their 3rd and 4th corners. Yes we would all love to have that final play back, but this was the best effort I've seen out of this Defense maybe since the Superbowl year.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes! Interestingly enough, my work Comrade (he’s older than me at 65) and myself just yesterday named nearly every worthwhile person on the show Dallas, then started on Dynasty before we got interrupted.
He lived near Dallas and he told me his X wife knew the daughter of Rays wife and actually appeared on an episode as a fill in actress. She was talking to Sue Ellen in the background of a scene. True story.

I liked Lucy and Sammy Jo Carrington myself. Of course I had horrible taste because I had a crush on Kristie McNichol! Ewww!
However.. I was a Stud
She was a Dud ;)
I think most guys had a thing for Sammy Jo...but I admit I had a little thing for Kristie in the 80s. She was a cutie...but in the 70s it was all about Janet and Crissy Snow. lol

Reaction score
Duds: The players of both sides playing Ref.

Has anyone else noticed the ever increasing need of players making Referee signals?!

I saw one player get in the Refs face with a hand up in a fist like manner on a controversial 4th down stop. First downs are just getting ridiculous with everyone making the hatchette motion! A backfield Referee nearly got karate chopped by a player doing it. He calmly ignored it but you could tell he had an irritated look on his face as he tried to get around the player.
Safeties are the most fun though. I noticed even the team who suffered the Safety are now jumping in and signaling the SAFETY sign!

Even those fans that speak sign language are getting tired of it! I saw one shooing the players off the field with a backwards hand shoo!

You know. You can get a job playing Referee instead of playing football if it interests you. Here’s the link..
www.wanttobeanidiot.com

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's frustrating when someone is unable to read properly. I hope you get that figured out, sincerely

I will say this, MLF seemed to be moving around alot during the game. I read some speculation he was doing the Mcvay with Goff. Making reads for Love then moving to specific spots after the checks were made in order to show him where to throw. I wouldn't be surprised by it, but it def shows again that he's not ready
A couple of points.

One, this was his first real action. How can it show AGAIN that he is not ready.

Two not being ready yesterday is not the same as will never be ready. Anyone watching the game will likely agree that he is not ready. Only a few, you being one of them, seem to think it proves he will never be ready.

Three, you admit to not liking the pick so I'm not afraid to assume that that influences your opinion on yesterdays game. Someone with an open mind about Jordan Love (I'm sorry but you simply do not have one and don't say that you do) would agree it wasn't a good first performance but they would also admit that it wasn't a slam dunk indicator that he will fail.

Members online

Latest posts